TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
mostman

Breaking Bad S05E06 "Buyout" OAD 08/19/12

Wait a second... Colonel Young is selling Meth now? I always knew that guy had issues.

Great episode. Not as intense as the last, but the tension is building. This episode DID have the best scene of the season though...that dinner scene! Wow! Scabby Lasagna!
mostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Allow me to point out that the power cord would have worked to cut the strap, but not like that. He needed to make one strand of the wire into a hot knife. You don't get an arc flame from 110volts. In any case, he'd just trip a circuit breaker.

Walt and Jesse are old hands at dissolving stuff in barrels of acid now.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:04 AM   #3
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
My thought was that he likely could have pried open the clip on the zip tie using his eyeglass frames (removing the plastic over-the-ear cover from the wire frame should reveal a paper-clip style edge). Certainly that would've been a good first try before resorting to a method that would burn his wrist.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #4
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Some great lines. "Scabby lasagna" and "Hard on as big as Uncle Miltie" come to mind.

What is Walt's plan? How is he going to have enough methylene to both supply the buyer and continue cooking?

/
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
getbak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
My thought was that he likely could have pried open the clip on the zip tie using his eyeglass frames (removing the plastic over-the-ear cover from the wire frame should reveal a paper-clip style edge). Certainly that would've been a good first try before resorting to a method that would burn his wrist.
It would have been even easier for him to use the buckle on his watch strap to lift the ratchet of the zip tie. It also would have added another dimension to Jesse's gift of the watch.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:49 AM   #6
Beryl

Skylar is about ready to take Walt out herself.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #7
TampaThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Skylar is about ready to take Walt out herself.
Would be fitting if somehow his own ricin was used against him. There has to be some reason they made such a big to do over the ricin being hidden.
TampaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:22 AM   #8
wouldworker
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
What is Walt's plan? How is he going to have enough methylene to both supply the buyer and continue cooking?
He didn't say that he was going to sell the methylmine. Jesse said that the plan allowed Walt to keep cooking and Mike and Jesse would get their $5 million each. I deleted the episode so I can't check, but Jesse may not even have said that he (Jesse) would get his $5M. All we know is that Walt gets to keep cooking and Mike gets paid. "Everybody wins."
wouldworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:40 AM   #9
danterner
Not it!

I wonder if "everybody" includes the competing distributor, or if they'll be making an enemy of him.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:11 AM   #10
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I loved the dinner scene! I also was thinking that the new watch would come into play somehow but did laugh when the coffee maker rolled across the room.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
It would have been even easier for him to use the buckle on his watch strap to lift the ratchet of the zip tie. It also would have added another dimension to Jesse's gift of the watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I loved the dinner scene! I also was thinking that the new watch would come into play somehow but did laugh when the coffee maker rolled across the room.
I thought he was going to break the crystal of the watch to cut the zip-tie. He or Jesse made a point about what the crystal was made out of when he gave him the watch. The watch was also very prominent on his wrist, it would have added another dimension to the watch gift. Perhaps we'll see the watch play into something in the future.

Between the super-magnet-truck and the great-train-heist, I'm will to overlook the electric spark gag. But I'm more surprised that Walt didn't turn his wrist around to burn the back or side, and not the underside where all the veins and thin skin are.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #12
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
Some great lines. "Scabby lasagna" and "Hard on as big as Uncle Miltie" come to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I wonder if "everybody" includes the competing distributor, or if they'll be making an enemy of him.
I think he's going to offer to go cook for those guys, since they already have a lab and a distribution network set up. Mike and Jesse can get out, and Walt can make more money and has another empire to take over.

If the other crew is also using a methylamine cook method, wouldn't their meth also be blue, since that's what changed between the pseudo-cook and the methylamine cook? Or is Walt's method just so pure/perfect?
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #13
wouldworker
_

If Walt can strip wire with his teeth, why didn't he just chew through the restraint?
Old 08-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #14
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldworker View Post
If Walt can strip wire with his teeth, why didn't he just chew through the restraint?
I think the cord is more rubber than plastic and the zip ties are a very plastic. I use zip ties alot around the house. It's as handy as duct tape.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #15
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
But I'm more surprised that Walt didn't turn his wrist around to burn the back or side, and not the underside where all the veins and thin skin are.
He should have used the side that was attached to the radiator.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #16
Test

Quote:
I think he's going to offer to go cook for those guys, since they already have a lab and a distribution network set up. Mike and Jesse can get out, and Walt can make more money and has another empire to take over.

If the other crew is also using a methylamine cook method, wouldn't their meth also be blue, since that's what changed between the pseudo-cook and the methylamine cook? Or is Walt's method just so pure/perfect?
I don't think Walt wants to work for anyone else. He's made that clear, so I would be shocked if that was his big plan where everyone wins.

Also, if you think about it, Walt hasn't really taken over any empires yet. Him and Jesse have destroyed a few and have taken more bad guys off the street than the DEA.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #17
Gary McCoy

That was not a regular zip tie, it was a plastic handcuff, made to be pick-proof. Before anybody objects, they come in both single and double cuffs. The difference is that you can carry no more than two of the double version, or a dozen single cuffs in the same size pouch on a uniform belt. The difference is that single cuffs run a greater chance of cutting off circulation when cinched down tight to genuinely restrain someone.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #18
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:

No way Walt is going to work for someone else. You don't move up in the Empire Business working for someone else.

And no, those other guys don't use methylamine. They were just buying it to get the blue stuff off the market.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #19
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary McCoy View Post
That was not a regular zip tie, it was a plastic handcuff, made to be pick-proof. Before anybody objects, they come in both single and double cuffs. The difference is that you can carry no more than two of the double version, or a dozen single cuffs in the same size pouch on a uniform belt. The difference is that single cuffs run a greater chance of cutting off circulation when cinched down tight to genuinely restrain someone.
Pfft.

http://cons.wonderhowto.com/how-to/e...dcuffs-366533/

dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #20
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaThunder View Post
Would be fitting if somehow his own ricin was used against him. There has to be some reason they made such a big to do over the ricin being hidden.
They sure have made a point to show Skyler smoking a lot this season. And the ricin is hidden in a cigarette. Just pointing that out.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #21
VegasVic
Craps Player

I got the impression the Arizona guys DO use methylamine. They were buying it for their own operation and paying a premium because it also got rid of the competition. Maybe I'm off base or missed something though.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #22
Jstkiddn

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
They sure have made a point to show Skyler smoking a lot this season. And the ricin is hidden in a cigarette. Just pointing that out.
Hmmm. Interesting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I got the impression the Arizona guys DO use methylamine. They were buying it for their own operation and paying a premium because it also got rid of the competition.
This is what I understood to be taking place.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #23
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
I got the impression the Arizona guys DO use methylamine. They were buying it for their own operation and paying a premium because it also got rid of the competition. Maybe I'm off base or missed something though.
That was my impression. They UPPED the inital price to get rid of the competition. I still wonder how "Everybody will win".

How many for episodes are left for this first part of the season? one or two?

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #24
VegasVic
Craps Player

Old 08-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #25
wouldworker
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
The ricin capsule is not hidden in a cigarette. It is taped to the back of a wallplate in the Whites' house. The intention of hiding it in the cigarette in the first place wasn't to get someone to smoke it. It was just a good hiding place for Jesse to carry it around.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #26
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
damn.

It's gonna end good. And then we will have to wait a long time for them to finish the season.

arghh...

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #27
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldworker
The ricin capsule is not hidden in a cigarette. It is taped to the back of a wallplate in the Whites' house. The intention of hiding it in the cigarette in the first place wasn't to get someone to smoke it. It was just a good hiding place for Jesse to carry it around.
Actually, the intention was to get Gus to smoke it. Jesse was hoping to have an occasion where Gus would bum a smoke off him, and Jesse would give him the laced cigarette.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #28
wouldworker
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Actually, the intention was to get Gus to smoke it. Jesse was hoping to have an occasion where Gus would bum a smoke off him, and Jesse would give him the laced cigarette.
You're joking, right?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #29
Jstkiddn

Quote:
That's right! I had forgotten about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Jesse was supposed to put it in something that Gus was going to eat or drink. As wouldworker stated, the cigarette was just a hiding place/transportation vessel.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #30
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Damn. There goes my brilliant theory.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote