TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
dlmcmurr

Drive swap in S2

My zippered 6.2a DVR40 failed in that it would no longer display live television on either tuner. This was a gradual failure with the picture flashing on and off for several weeks. It would still display recorded programs, though. It's been offline now for over 2 months, but is still subscribed.

I've got an unsubbed HDVR2 and was hoping to swap the drive and card from the DVR40. After doing both, it's displaying on the screen "Data Corruption. Call Cust. Serv. X746." I've also got messages that mention errors 81 and 51.

I thought I could get away with swapping this out like this. Anyone have any pointers? I've already done the online reauthorization.

Thanks,
Dave

As of 11/2012 now with Dish (2 Hoppers/2 Joeys)
4 x S2 dTiVos zippered 6/06, 8/06, 1/07 & 8/07
TiVo'd since 03/2006
dlmcmurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Did you also do a "Clear & Delete everything"? This is required when moving a drive from one DirecTiVo to another (this disk is still "married" to the DVR40) and will also cause recordings, season passes, etc. to go *poof*. Another option would be to restore an HDVR2 backup to your current disk (or another one) and start from scratch that way.
"You know, ground beef is a real winner nowadays" -- Faster Guy
sbourgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
dlmcmurr

Do you know if either of those options will allow me to move that access card from the SD-DVR40 to HDVR2 (RID to non-RID). I really don't want to buy another card and wait on it to arrive.

Would the second option allow me to keep the recordings? Would it make a difference if I zippered the HDVR2 image before or after copying it to the drive containing all the recordings?

Thanks.

As of 11/2012 now with Dish (2 Hoppers/2 Joeys)
4 x S2 dTiVos zippered 6/06, 8/06, 1/07 & 8/07
TiVo'd since 03/2006
dlmcmurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

You should be able to move the card to the non-RID receiver without involving DirecTV at all via the phone/online reauthorization, which is a good thing because they will no longer activate non-RID receivers if you call and ask. Either way though, you won't be able to preserve your DVR40 recordings for use on another receiver unless you do something like use MRV/MovieLoader to move the recordings elsewhere.
"You know, ground beef is a real winner nowadays" -- Faster Guy
sbourgeo is offline   Reply With Quote