Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #211
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Can the DEA just "tail" the lawyer for no reason and without some type of warrant or something?
I think it depends on how extensive their efforts are. As long as the lawyer is in public, he has no expectation of privacy and the DEA can watch him all they want. If that's all they do, it's probably OK (except for the fact that Hank's boss told him there was no further budget for surveillance for this case).
Old 08-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #212
BitbyBlit

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
It's one thing to discuss it. Even give & take a few times. It's another to beat it to death, over and over, endlessly, post after post, same point again and again, neither side letting up, hash and rehash, like this sentence that never stops.
Were people repeating themselves or further elaborating on why they felt a certain way? From my reading of the thread, I see much more of the latter than the former.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #213
BitbyBlit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I think it depended on the type of emergency. If Mike had to bug out because of a threat from the Cartel or other drug dealers, going to the airport should not be a problem. If he has to bug out because law enforcement is after him and have him under surveillance, there's probably nowhere safe to hide the bag. So the airport is probably as good a place as any.
And I think part of it was also to keep the money/gun/fake IDs away from himself while the DEA was watching him. He likes to be prepared, so he set it up so that it could be used in an emergency. But given that there was no immediate threat, I think the primary purpose of the car at the airport was as a hiding spot.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #214
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
I think it depended on the type of emergency. If Mike had to bug out because of a threat from the Cartel or other drug dealers, going to the airport should not be a problem. If he has to bug out because law enforcement is after him and have him under surveillance, there's probably nowhere safe to hide the bag. So the airport is probably as good a place as any.
I think we've seen (from the money drop pickup episode with Jesse) that there are a million places to hide things. At the time he hid the bag, the most pressing threat was the DEA. It just seemed odd to me. Another one of those "that's not how this person would behave but was needed for the story".
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #215
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #216
TampaThunder

Quote:
I think it depends on how extensive their efforts are. As long as the lawyer is in public, he has no expectation of privacy and the DEA can watch him all they want. If that's all they do, it's probably OK (except for the fact that Hank's boss told him there was no further budget for surveillance for this case).
Now in Hank's defense (Hank on the show, not Hank in this thread) he was told that there was no further budget for surveillance of Ehrmantraut (sp?) and Hank took that literally as his way around the directive.
TampaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #217
Jstkiddn

I can't wait to see Hank's face when he finally realizes Heisenberg's identity. I'm practically giddy with anticipation.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #218
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaThunder View Post
Now in Hank's defense (Hank on the show, not Hank in this thread) he was told that there was no further budget for surveillance of Ehrmantraut (sp?) and Hank took that literally as his way around the directive.
Oh, I realize what Hank was doing. But I think we all know what his boss meant.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #219
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
I can't wait to see Hank's face when he finally realizes Heisenberg's identity. I'm practically giddy with anticipation.
Exactly. I hope he figures it out just from all the clues*, as opposed to catching Walt red-handed or on a stake-out, bug, or some such.

*Like realizing back to S01 when all that meth-making equipment was stolen from Walt's high-school lab.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #220
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

"Words mean things."
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #221
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitbyBlit View Post
And I think part of it was also to keep the money/gun/fake IDs away from himself while the DEA was watching him. He likes to be prepared, so he set it up so that it could be used in an emergency. But given that there was no immediate threat, I think the primary purpose of the car at the airport was as a hiding spot.
Yet he has hiding spots all over the city and desert that only he seems to know about. I'm not sure why he didn't use any of them.

EDIT: I said dessert, not desert. I don't think Mike's hiding things in banana splits -- but I could be wrong.

Last edited by uncdrew : 08-29-2012 at 02:05 PM.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #222
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Exactly. I hope he figures it out just from all the clues*, as opposed to catching Walt red-handed or on a stake-out, bug, or some such.

*Like realizing back to S01 when all that meth-making equipment was stolen from Walt's high-school lab.
Agreed.

They could do a very cool scene where he remembers certain tidbits that mean next-to-nothing on their own but add up to the answer he's been searching for.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #223
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
Agreed.

They could do a very cool scene where he remembers certain tidbits that mean next-to-nothing on their own but add up to the answer he's been searching for.
Though it seems like if he was going to piece it together, he would have already done it by now. He may have to catch Walt in the act of cooking meth and killing a couple of guys or he'll never figure it out.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #224
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

True.

Or just more clues?

I'm a little embarrassed for Hank. I figured out he was cooking meth way back in season 2.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #225
brianric

Quote:
That's a pretty wide net, that's anytime he goes outside.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #226
fmowry

When Hank was looking at the one picture of Mike and got interrupted during the meeting were we supposed to notice something in the picture?
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #227
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

A long time ago, SNL did a parody of Twin Peaks where the obvious bad guy kept confessing and Agent Cooper (Hank's equivalent in that show) kept investigating other people. The bad guy was doing things like showing photos and video of him killing someone and Agent Cooper kept on going in other directions.

BB isn't there yet, but could be pretty soon.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #228
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
When Hank was looking at the one picture of Mike and got interrupted during the meeting were we supposed to notice something in the picture?
I think it was just to show Hank's complete obsession with the case, since he totally tuned out during the meeting. This obsession is what might just keep him from realizing that Heisenberg is Walter White.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #229
Jstkiddn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboyjr View Post
A long time ago, SNL did a parody of Twin Peaks where the obvious bad guy kept confessing and Agent Cooper (Hank's equivalent in that show) kept investigating other people. The bad guy was doing things like showing photos and video of him killing someone and Agent Cooper kept on going in other directions.

BB isn't there yet, but could be pretty soon.
Do you really think it should be so obvious to Hank just yet? I'm not sure.

Plus, right or wrong, we all tend to categorize people into a certain "box". Hank may have to be hit smack over the head with this before he's able to take Walt out of the "nerdy, smart teacher brother-in-law" box and put him into the "meth kingpin Heisenberg" box. That has to be a huge mental leap to make. Almost inconceivable, from his point of view.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #230
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
Agreed.

There are so many other little things... like when Walt and Hank were looking through Gale's notebook, and Hank noticed the initials "W.W." -- Hank was already a little suspicious of Walt, but then Walt deflected it to Walt Whitman.

If I were Hank (he he), I'd be really suspicious why Walt doesn't spend *any* time at or running the car wash. I mean, what else (according to Hank) does Walt have to do? I think we saw that Marie is helping Skyler at the car wash. Wouldn't Marie wonder why Walt is never there?
Old 08-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #231
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
Do you really think it should be so obvious to Hank just yet? I'm not sure...
I don't think it is obvious at all.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #232
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

No, not obvious at all.

It's a family member. A milquetoast, boring, humdrum dude. Never done anything wrong. It would be like me thinking my mom is running a meth lab.

MOM?!?

Oh, she's not. Right.

Anyway, Walt has cancer, is in remission. His life is now crazy and it's hard to know how someone reacts to that. The cancer might even help hide Walt more.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #233
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
That's a pretty wide net, that's anytime he goes outside.
Yes. I don't see any problem with that. Do you?
Old 08-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #234
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

What ever became of the drawing of Heisenberg? That still floating around?

Old 08-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #235
getreal
postcrastinator

Shouldn't there be a goatee on that artwork of Heisenberg?

ETA:
Apparently not!

BTW, that drawing was in Mexico.

Last edited by getreal : 08-29-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: did the research
getreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #236
Mikeyis4dcats

Two bold predictions (which probably won't come true)

Spoiler:
Saul ends up the last man standing, and makes off with a bunch of money

and
Spoiler:
Hank only realizes Walt is Heisenberg as Walt stands over him to put a bullet in his head

Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #237
Hank
AC•FTW

I really don't think Walt/Heisenberg would ever kill Hank.

Walt thinks he's too smart to ever get caught. If he does get caught, he'll either take what's due to him (jail), or he'll kill himself first.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #238
Mikeyis4dcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I really don't think Walt/Heisenberg would ever kill Hank.

Walt thinks he's too smart to ever get caught. If he does get caught, he'll either take what's due to him (jail), or he'll kill himself first.
old Hank yes. new Hank, no.
Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #239
BradJW

I think Walt would kill Hank without batting an eye.
Nothing to do with Hank but,

Spoiler:
I think Walt's 'breaking bad' will be 100% complete this Sunday.

BradJW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #240
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyis4dcats View Post
Two bold predictions (which probably won't come true)

Spoiler:
Saul ends up the last man standing, and makes off with a bunch of money

and
Spoiler:
Hank only realizes Walt is Heisenberg as Walt stands over him to put a bullet in his head
I too think that second one comes to pass.

The first one would be awesome. For some reason I really root for that sleezebag.