TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
michaelmantis

TiVo Premier Stuttering and Choppy Playback

I have a TiVo Premier that occasionally shows Stuttering symptoms and the picture becomes jerky for a while.

I had this occur on another box, that I just returned to TiVo for warranty replacement just a few weeks back and now the brand new box is doing the same thing.

I find it hard to believe that it is a bad hard drive, almost appear to me like processor lag or that the TiVo device is struggling to keep up.

Tried to figure out if recording two shows while watching another caused it, if it occured while using Netflix, and if it was just part of the recording.

Seems to happen randomly. I just did a restart of the box (first in two weeks) and we'll see if that helps.

If anyone from TiVo could help provide some input that would be great.

Thanks,
Mike
michaelmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
jrtroo
User

This is NOT a tivo site. Expect hobbiest help here, not help from Tivo.

Quick things to review. How is your unit wired? Bad internet seems to have bad impacts on the box, some of which do not always seem to match the symptom. Is your unit connected to a UPS? Have you waited 72 hours to make sure the unit receives its upgrades?
Old 08-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
ddz

I also have the same problem with my tivo premier. Last night while I was watching a movie I had stuttering speech, screen blanking, some pixellation. This is not the first time. I got disgusted and fired up my Sony bluray which is hooked up to the same router via cable, not wireless, same connection as my tivo, and continued watching the movie with absolutely no problems at all. There is definitely a problem with tivo's implemetation of netflix in their premier platform......
ddz is offline   Reply With Quote