TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #61
zalusky
Registered User
 
zalusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cupertino, CA
Posts: 3,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
It's the way these people bring up their relationships constantly during meetings with the rest of the staff and what not, I see it as childish behavior. Like Maggie screaming at the Sex and the City tour bus, really?. If they toned it down, it removed the childish behavior it would work. Like I and others have said, it feels like I'm watching middle or young high school children drag out their emotions.
Mac and Will's relationship feels real, however Mac throwing her tantrums all the damn time is what I find annoying. She's supposed to be the producer and boss of this news room, but because of her tantrums I don't see her as an authority figure at all.
Unfortunately I know people like that. This industry like doctors probably has a lot of relationship turnover do to their jobs taking top priority all the time.
__________________
I will never forget the face of my wife as I left to go the operating room to donate my kidney and give her back her life.
zalusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #62
markz
Hilarity Ensues
 
markz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connersville, IN
Posts: 12,354
We were just in Vegas last month and without fail, they asked for ID EVERY TIME we used a credit card from the time we landed at the airport till we took off from the airport to leave.
__________________
- Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #63
Lori
Social Defective
 
Lori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Bowie, MD USA
Posts: 9,673
I rarely need ID either...the other day, I bought a ton of liquor and I'm now so old that they just asked me for my date of birth rather than asking for me ID.
__________________
--Lori
Lt. Colonel, TiVo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #64
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
I rarely need ID either...the other day, I bought a ton of liquor and I'm now so old that they just asked me for my date of birth rather than asking for me ID.
Did you tell the truth?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #65
Lori
Social Defective
 
Lori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Bowie, MD USA
Posts: 9,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
It's the way these people bring up their relationships constantly during meetings with the rest of the staff and what not, I see it as childish behavior. Like Maggie screaming at the Sex and the City tour bus, really?. If they toned it down, it removed the childish behavior it would work. Like I and others have said, it feels like I'm watching middle or young high school children drag out their emotions.
Mac and Will's relationship feels real, however Mac throwing her tantrums all the damn time is what I find annoying. She's supposed to be the producer and boss of this news room, but because of her tantrums I don't see her as an authority figure at all.
But screaming at something like a tour bus is perfectly reasonable when you're that upset. I yelled at someone in a McDonald's parking lot the other day in a similar manner. Not productive, but it made me feel better.

I agree that talking about relationships during meetings is out of bounds, but I don't notice that as much.
__________________
--Lori
Lt. Colonel, TiVo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #66
robojerk
Registered User
 
robojerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Huntington Beach CA
Posts: 1,962
I think we'll have to agree at least when it concerns how the show handles the relationships, I am definitely not their target demographic. I did enjoy the politics though.
__________________
Verizon FIOS + DVR (Los Angeles)
robojerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #67
Lori
Social Defective
 
Lori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Bowie, MD USA
Posts: 9,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Did you tell the truth?
I did.
__________________
--Lori
Lt. Colonel, TiVo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #68
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser
 
MikeAndrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Illinois (Dn Nr WI)
Posts: 12,141
I want to see the Beef Stew recipe!
__________________
1) Series 4 Premiere - Lifetime
2) Series 3 OLED - Lifetime.
2) Series 2 DT 500GB
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #69
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV
 
phox_mulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 5,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
I want to see the Beef Stew recipe!
Wasn't is something involving Honey, Brown Sugar and cooking for 5 hours?


phox
__________________
Panasonic Viera TH-46PZ800U 46" Plasma HDTV

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #70
busyba
The Funcooker
 
busyba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 26,978
btw... a line that came up a couple of times in Will's broadcast, "people who claim to love America even though they clearly can't stand Americans" (or something like that) is a total recycle job from The American President.
__________________
"Wow... I so love you" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #71
inaka
Registered User
 
inaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 9,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
It would be nice to see him pick on the far left's foibles too. Ya' know, fair & balanced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bars & Tone View Post
Exactly!
He can't even throw us a bone with an "Ainsley Hayes" sort of a character?
Can't we have just one character who can say, "Yeah, that's true, but what about...?"
You're kind of missing the point of the show and the mentality of News Night with Will McAvoy.

As they said earlier in the season (and I'm paraphrasing): Balance, just for balance's sake is pointless.
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #72
Bars & Tone
Will Draw for Food
 
Bars & Tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaka View Post
...As they said earlier in the season (and I'm paraphrasing): Balance, just for balance's sake is pointless.
So then this is Mr. Sorkin's glib and sophomoric way of trying to explain why he has no intention of showing us any of what might be wrong with the other party?
Make no mistake, I'm not expecting anything remotely approaching a balance. I'd just like to see something, anything in that other pan of the scale.
__________________
Vote Quimby!

"Many times, I find the 8" is just too small.":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"No, I like it small":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bars & Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #73
zalusky
Registered User
 
zalusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cupertino, CA
Posts: 3,803
If we consider Will to be a middle of the road compromising republican something from say the 80s. He is probably pretty upset to see the strong right shift of his republican party. I personally think it has shifted farther to the right than the democratic party.

Now granted you might say Obamacare is massive socialized medicine (except that it was originally proposed by Republicans), however that is not part of the story yet perhaps next year when the supreme court works its way into the conversation.

If you look at all the major political news events during the time period mentioned they are primarily republican in nature. From a democratic point of view last year what news event stands out to be talked about. In 2011 where do you see the democratic machinery basically terrorizing the system.
__________________
I will never forget the face of my wife as I left to go the operating room to donate my kidney and give her back her life.
zalusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #74
Azlen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 2,000
I don't see it as Sorkin attacking the GOP in general. He seems to be okay with the more pragmatic side of the Republican party, it's the Tea Party extremists that he has the issue with. I think he is trying to make a clear distinction there.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #75
Ereth
Registered User
 
Ereth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
Now granted you might say Obamacare is massive socialized medicine ...
Only if you truly don't understand the meaning of the word "socialism". It's a cash grab by the Insurance Industry, very much massive capitalist medicine.

If we had gotten Single Payer, you'd have an argument.
__________________
Remember "Just Alley"? Re-read it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #76
zalusky
Registered User
 
zalusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cupertino, CA
Posts: 3,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post

Only if you truly don't understand the meaning of the word "socialism". It's a cash grab by the Insurance Industry, very much massive capitalist medicine.

If we had gotten Single Payer, you'd have an argument.
I agree but the right will complain they are forced to pay taxes for it even though they pay taxes for lots of things like roads and airports that they don't use.
__________________
I will never forget the face of my wife as I left to go the operating room to donate my kidney and give her back her life.
zalusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #77
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME
 
Jesda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Middle
Posts: 12,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
I agree but the right will complain they are forced to pay taxes for it even though they pay taxes for lots of things like roads and airports that they don't use.
Healthcare is a resource with unlimited demand. If you grant unlimited access, you're going to encounter a big problem with procuring adequate, high-quality supply.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:09 AM   #78
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME
 
Jesda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Middle
Posts: 12,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bars & Tone View Post
So then this is Mr. Sorkin's glib and sophomoric way of trying to explain why he has no intention of showing us any of what might be wrong with the other party?
Make no mistake, I'm not expecting anything remotely approaching a balance. I'd just like to see something, anything in that other pan of the scale.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
From a democratic point of view last year what news event stands out to be talked about. In 2011 where do you see the democratic machinery basically terrorizing the system.
I agree.


It's usually the party that's not in power that makes headlines because it's the opposing party's role to serve as a check on the party in power. As for "terrorizing the system" I don't understand what you mean, unless you consider staunch opposition to Democratic policies a form of terrorism?


I find myself quite 'party-less' as the GOP and DNC advance their destructive (but differing) agendas.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:04 AM   #79
RGM1138
I wanna Rock
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,484
This whole season reminds of the pilot of West Wing, when Moira Kelly drove her car up on the sidewalk to yell at somebody. I thought, if this is what the show is about, I'll pass. But, I stuck around and grew to love it. But again, caliber of talent makes a big difference. And I liked the characters.

But, the shtick they try to pull off in the ep is like something from I Love Lucy. Splashed by a passing bus. Really? Will casually rips out his IV? So believable. And the English girl is a twit.

Teenage wasteland, indeed.
__________________
Bob

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:23 AM   #80
inaka
Registered User
 
inaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 9,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bars & Tone View Post
So then this is Mr. Sorkin's glib and sophomoric way of trying to explain why he has no intention of showing us any of what might be wrong with the other party?
Make no mistake, I'm not expecting anything remotely approaching a balance. I'd just like to see something, anything in that other pan of the scale.
Glib and sophomoric?
You must be watching another show, or maybe this show just isn't for you.


If you don't want balance, but want a token gesture to highlight flaws of the other side, again, maybe you're missing the point of Newsnight 2.0. The falws of one side, according to the show, are so off-the-charts out there that there isn't the need for balance at all. Again, that's the show.
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:41 AM   #81
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME
 
Jesda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Middle
Posts: 12,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaka View Post
Glib and sophomoric?
You must be watching another show, or maybe this show just isn't for you.


If you don't want balance, but want a token gesture to highlight flaws of the other side, again, maybe you're missing the point of Newsnight 2.0. The falws of one side, according to the show, are so off-the-charts out there that there isn't the need for balance at all. Again, that's the show.
Let's be real here. This show is Sorkin's little soapbox.

It's entertaining and idealistic enough to keep me interested despite the lack of perspective and depth. Like a plot hole in a story, I roll my eyes at the flaws and let it go, remembering that it's just the political opinions and characterizations of a few writers and producers portrayed through the fictional universe of a group of journalists -- not a real news program.


It's entertainment. It's interesting and at times quite thoughtful, but it's still entertainment. Anyone can create a fictional universe that plays into their political and ideological preconceptions. Like a loaded question, it's best not to take them too seriously.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:58 AM   #82
inaka
Registered User
 
inaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 9,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
Let's be real here. This show is Sorkin's little soapbox.

It's entertaining and idealistic enough to keep me interested despite the lack of perspective and depth. Like a plot hole in a story, I roll my eyes at the flaws and let it go, remembering that it's just the political opinions and characterizations of a few writers and producers portrayed through the fictional universe of a group of journalists -- not a real news program.


It's entertainment. It's interesting and at times quite thoughtful, but it's still entertainment. Anyone can create a fictional universe that plays into their political and ideological preconceptions. Like a loaded question, it's best not to take them too seriously.
Not sure what the issue with any sort of lack of balance is then. It's their fictional universe, keyword fictional.

If you know it's entertainment, and it's a fictional universe that plays into their political and ideological preconceptions, then why expect otherwise that there should be balance, etc. when the ideology of both the writer and the characters is so clear?

Enjoy the show and take it for what it is. That's all I'm saying.
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:42 AM   #83
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME
 
Jesda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Middle
Posts: 12,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaka View Post
Not sure what the issue with any sort of lack of balance is then. It's their fictional universe, keyword fictional.
Because some perceive the bias as an affirmation of their version of reality while others perceive the bias to be an alternate reality. I suspect Sorkin hopes for more of the former than the latter.

Perhaps his expectation is that if he makes the show softer with relationship subplots that larger/wider audiences can relate to, he can get viewers to stick around and join his political bandwagon.

It's having the opposite effect for me. The relationship nonsense takes me out of the show while the more dramatic scenes with Waterston, Fonda, and Daniels convince me that Newsroom is worth tolerating all of the fluff and BS.

I'm about ready to start fast-forwarding though half the show.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #84
Beryl
Registered User
 
Beryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
I'm about ready to start fast-forwarding though half the show.
That's my way to do it now. Some shows are made for the DVR And streaming.
__________________
HD XL
Premiere
Roamio Plus
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #85
DeDondeEs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 14,770
The thing that was obvious to me in this show was that Sorkin was trying to get as much propaganda as possible since this is the last episode before the election. I will probably get a warning for writing a political post for what I just said, even though the majority of the posts in this thread are specifically debating voter ID laws. Putting all of that aside, I thought it was an OK episode.

They were all really banking that Leona and her son weren't going to open that envelope to see that was just a beef stew recipe. If someone were to black mail you like that, wouldn't you look in the envelope to see what was in there before you started debating it?
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #86
zalusky
Registered User
 
zalusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cupertino, CA
Posts: 3,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
The thing that was obvious to me in this show was that Sorkin was trying to get as much propaganda as possible since this is the last episode before the election. I will probably get a warning for writing a political post for what I just said, even though the majority of the posts in this thread are specifically debating voter ID laws. Putting all of that aside, I thought it was an OK episode.

They were all really banking that Leona and her son weren't going to open that envelope to see that was just a beef stew recipe. If someone were to black mail you like that, wouldn't you look in the envelope to see what was in there before you started debating it?
And that is the art of the bluff! To get somebody to fold because the risk of failure is far greater. A felony in this case. Of course we have hind sight because we know whats going on in London with News of the World.

As far as politics goes it is somewhat a reflection of the news business itself. This is a cable station just like Fox News and MSNBC are cable stations and they have the freedom to have lots of political spin. Why can't this cable station say what it wants.
__________________
I will never forget the face of my wife as I left to go the operating room to donate my kidney and give her back her life.
zalusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #87
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
And that is the art of the bluff! To get somebody to fold because the risk of failure is far greater. A felony in this case. Of course we have hind sight because we know whats going on in London with News of the World.

As far as politics goes it is somewhat a reflection of the news business itself. This is a cable station just like Fox News and MSNBC are cable stations and they have the freedom to have lots of political spin. Why can't this cable station say what it wants.
Of course they can say what they want. The argument is that they wanted to be Newsroom 2.0, reporting the news and be more like Murrow. In the end, so called Republican Will just about kills his own party. As a liberal, I loved it, but it was hardly any better than what Fox News does, and not what they supposedly set out to do. That's my only beef with the News part of the show. Watching this last episode I said to my wife, you know just about every southern, and plains state just turned off the TV.

Now, as for the relationship stuff. I felt it was weak and stupid and I agree it was as if these people were in high school. I never bought the Will / Mac relationship. I could NEVER see them together in a million years. Both pulled some petty crap to get under each other's skin. It was horrible. I HATE the Maggie love triangle with the two producers. Maggie might be the weakest character on TV, despite trying to show how strong she is. She spouts off about how she wants to be with one guy, and then when the guy she's actually with makes a gesture, she forgets all about everything she said. Terrible. I absolute HATE her character, and I liked it the first couple of episodes. And it's odd, Sloan may be one of my favorite characters on the show. I really think she's the strongest woman on the show, even though she kind of lets Will push her around some.

I'm back for season 2 though. The political stuff and the behind the scenes news stuff trumps the relationship stuff for now.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #88
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce
 
Robin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southwestern Virginia
Posts: 20,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flop
I believe voter fraud is greater than the 86 cases, but I have nothing other than anecdotal evidence to support this. I'm curious on your thoughts about requiring an ID. Do you think a few minutes spent to get an ID is too much to ask of someone who wishes to vote?
A few minutes? I recently renewed my license and it took at least three hours, and my station is as easy as it could possibly be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk
Where I live, unless you're paying cash you can't buy anything without an ID. I can't even buy popcorn in a movie theater with my credit card without showing ID. Can't even write a check to a retail store without ID.
The only time I ever need an ID for purchases is occasionally when traveling. Now it's only buying wine or beer at Target, since they have to scan an ID.

I literally cannot recall a time when I wrote a check to a retail store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco

I love the show but the women characters bother me. Sorkin needs a female co-author to write stronger women.
YES. This really grates on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
I rarely need ID either...the other day, I bought a ton of liquor and I'm now so old that they just asked me for my date of birth rather than asking for me ID.
I'm torn between being offended because it means I'm old and pleased because it's less hassle than getting out my ID. Which then makes me feel even older. My food lion receipts say "age verified visually". I suppose it's nice of them to not actually spell out "she's so damn old there was no contest."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138
Splashed by a passing bus. Really?
That was a wink to Sex and the City, it's part of the opening credits.
__________________
If you read my post and think "AYFKM? She's got to be joking." Then yes. I'm joking.

Last edited by Robin : 08-31-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #89
RGM1138
I wanna Rock
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post

That was a wink to Sex and the City, it's part of the opening credits.
It reminded me of the opening credits of Three's Company.
__________________
Bob

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #90
The Spud
Nick Danger, 3rd Eye
 
The Spud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 3,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
That was a wink to Sex and the City, it's part of the opening credits.
Wasn't the Sex and the City theme also playing during this scene? Not that I ever watched that show, but it sounded familiar.
__________________
XBox Live Gamertag - The Spud
The Spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |