TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-24-2006, 02:23 PM   #1
Gospel

New use for the live buffer! US Football!

Hi all,

I have come up with a new use for the Live TV buffer. I have my TiVo hooked up via S-Video directly to my secondary Dell monitor. I am watching the Texas A&M vs Texas football game. I don't like how ABC covers the Aggies (A&M). So, I like to listen to the audio on AM radio on the Aggie Football Network. So, I went to the radio station's web site and started the streaming audio. However, the audio is lagging by as much as 10 to 20 seconds.

This amount of delay is annoying to see the play then 10 seconds here the play call. What to do? Pause the game long enough for the audio to catch up. It took a couple more quick pauses to closely sync the video to the audio. It is working pretty good.

Hope this helps someone,
Steven
Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
rambler

We need the opposite for when radio is ahead of the tivo!
rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
gastrof
Look 32' in reverse

Location: We would like tin but for the golden glade. Do not take risks that you cannot return to the encapsulation. Margaret has not the stranding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler
We need the opposite for when radio is ahead of the tivo!
You mean you haven't figured our how to get your TiVo to display video before it's broadcast?
Old 11-24-2006, 10:21 PM   #4
btwyx
Substantive Member

Or plug your radio into your TiVo (audio only) and use it to delay the audio, if you can also watch live TV.
btwyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:37 PM   #5
bilbo

Wink put your radio about 2 miles away and turn it up

you could always put your radio about 2 miles away and turn it up real loud. that would be a good ten second delay, right? the speed of sound is about 0.2 miles per second, so that should work.
bilbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:21 PM   #6
GoHokies!
O2->CO2 Converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo
you could always put your radio about 2 miles away and turn it up real loud. that would be a good ten second delay, right? the speed of sound is about 0.2 miles per second, so that should work.
Brilliant!!!

We routinely do this to sync up the evening news between the S3 (OTA HD) in the living room and the S2 on the wire in the kitchen. Never thought about doing it with internet radio.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GoHokies! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #7
agredon

I remember back when I had Satellite, there was a large enough delay that I could turn on the same show in the living room (Antenna) and in my room (Satellite) and when I would hear the one in the living room come back from commercial, rush to my room and get there right as that one came back from commercial.
agredon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
pteronaut
Registered Snoozer

Holy thread bump Batman!

How was this thread not in the Archive already?
pteronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #9
I WANT MORE

Been doing this for years with D*/Tivo and SiriusXm.
I WANT MORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #10
celtic pride

i used my onkyo 809 av receiver to get internet radio a couple times last year to listen to the celtics radio announcers while watching a game on nba league pass when the celtics were on the road and i didnt want to hear the other teams announcers. trouble is i couldnt do it all the time, and yes i also had to pause my tivo to line it up to the tv broadcast ,i thought it was to much trouble though. in the end i went back to watching just the tv broadcast because i couldnt be there to watch live all the time.
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote