TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #1
lessd

New offer from TiVo on the TP-4/PLS $549.99

A friend of mine has just a Series 3 (TiVo-HD) on his account and just received an offer for the Series 4 4 tuner with Lifetime service for $549.99, the offer is on the TiVo main screen with a tel number to call to order the package.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
Greeby
Clueless Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
A friend of mine has just a Series 3 (TiVo-HD) on his account and just received an offer for the Series 4 4 tuner with Lifetime service for $549.99, the offer is on the TiVo main screen with a tel number to call to order the package.
That so needs to pop up on mine.....
Greeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeby View Post
That so needs to pop up on mine.....
I have seen it on mine, too, but I also got an email a few days ago. Try calling TIVO.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
jboy

Quote:
Does your friend have a lifetime subscription on the Series 3?

I ask because I do not and they are offering me the option of transferring my service with it's discount (7.99/mo) from my series 3 to a series 4 + free Moca if I buy a XL4 for 399. But, I have not received the lifetime offer.
jboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboy View Post
Does your friend have a lifetime subscription on the Series 3?

I ask because I do not and they are offering me the option of transferring my service with it's discount (7.99/mo) from my series 3 to a series 4 + free Moca if I buy a XL4 for 399. But, I have not received the lifetime offer.
Yes he has Lifetime on the Series 3

Old 04-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #6
farmermac
Super user

i have 2 tivo hd's with lifetime and never got the email. I just called TiVo and mentionned a "friend" forwarded me this email promo and I asked if i could take them up on it since my "friend" wasnt interested. They were happy to oblige. Score
Old 04-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
Teeps

Quote:
Well, what's the number?

Last year I got an XL4 for 349 w/year sub and $99 life time add to my S3.
So, by all means anyone interested should call TiVo and ask; all they can say is no...
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
MPSAN

I believe it is 877-614-4777.

The one thing I keep having an issue with is that TIVO claims in the ad on all 3 of my THD's that it is $200 off. I even get that in their email offers to me. They say $200 off. These ads REQUIRE that you already can get the discount, so Lifetime is not $500 but $400 anyway. So, this is NOT a $200 savings but a $100 savings.

I wonder if this $549 offer for a P4+Lifetime is as good as it gets, or can we expect even better on Mothers Day/Fathers day?
Old 04-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
farmermac
Super user

I think it is as good as it gets. This offer isn't on the front page for everyone but only supposed to be for select customers.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #10
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmermac View Post
I think it is as good as it gets. This offer isn't on the front page for everyone but only supposed to be for select customers.
This is why I say that it is NOT $200 off but $100 off!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
farmermac
Super user

I agree but to be fair it's a great value. $200 off if you're not a TiVo customer is even better value.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmermac View Post
I agree but to be fair it's a great value. $200 off if you're not a TiVo customer is even better value.
...but if you are NOT a TIVO customer you do NOT get this deal. That is why I say that there is no case where this offer is $200 off!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #13
farmermac
Super user

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSAN View Post
...but if you are NOT a TIVO customer you do NOT get this deal. That is why I say that there is no case where this offer is $200 off!
Oh. Haha you are right. TiVo marketing at work.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #14
fahtas

Until they fix this problem with the Premier 4 randomly not tuning, I wouldn't trade in my trusty Tivo HD!!!! Please Tivo, fix this bug!!
fahtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #15
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSAN View Post
you could be a TiVo customer that doesn't currently have an MSD qualifying unit
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #16
tivoboy

Man, I so want this. Still in my 30 day period. Maybe they'll hook me up with lifetime.
tivoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #17
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahtas View Post
Until they fix this problem with the Premier 4 randomly not tuning, I wouldn't trade in my trusty Tivo HD!!!! Please Tivo, fix this bug!!
Is this on all P4's or is it on systems with a TA?

Last edited by MPSAN : 04-09-2013 at 04:07 PM.
MPSAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #18
tivoboy

Man, I so want this. Still in my 30 day period. Maybe they'll hook me up with lifetime.
tivoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #19
Johnwashere

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahtas View Post
What issue is that?? I've had a Tivo HD and now have a premier and Premier 4 and don't have any tuning issues...
Johnwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #20
fahtas

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=476691
It has a 12 page discussion 4 topics below this one. I love tivo and have 3 of them but there is a serious problem with the s4. my sister bought an s4 too and has the same problem where the tuners randomly stop tuning any channels. you need to pull the plug to make it work again. Tivo said it's the cablecard but I switched a working cablecard from my tivo hd and it happened again. I have fios so its not a tuning adapter problem. If anyone from tivo is monitoring this, please pm me.
fahtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #21
mattack

Sounds like it could be a signal STRENGTH problem. Too weak *or* too strong.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #22
grubbscd

I chatted with Tivo and then called the 877 number above. Both said because I already have a premiere (2 tuner, 75 hour) that they couldn't do this deal for me. I couldn't seem to talk them into it. I currently have 3 tivo HD (1 with lifetime), 1 premiere and 1 S2 with lifetime. Let me know if anyone has an argument that works. I mentioned I wanted to get a 4 tuner version to use with the new mini, but that didn't work. Best they would do was the $50 March mayhem coupon so $349 for the hardware and $400 for the PLS. (MSD discount)
grubbscd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #23
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubbscd View Post
I chatted with Tivo and then called the 877 number above. Both said because I already have a premiere (2 tuner, 75 hour) that they couldn't do this deal for me. I couldn't seem to talk them into it. I currently have 3 tivo HD (1 with lifetime), 1 premiere and 1 S2 with lifetime. Let me know if anyone has an argument that works. I mentioned I wanted to get a 4 tuner version to use with the new mini, but that didn't work. Best they would do was the $50 March mayhem coupon so $349 for the hardware and $400 for the PLS. (MSD discount)
Did you ask to speak to a supervisor? With all that hardware a super may help. One of them sure helped me even after a salesperson said that a supervisor would only do what the salesrep could do.!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #24
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubbscd View Post
I was about to call, but all I have is a measly Premiere 2. I guess there's no need.
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #25
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispitude View Post
I was about to call, but all I have is a measly Premiere 2. I guess there's no need.
Give them a call as they want you to upgrade. Since you do not have a Premiere it should work...if not ask to speak to a supervisor.