TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-15-2013, 02:35 AM   #1
lgwalker

Problem w/ TiVo G adapter after update

Hi All

TiVo just updated my Premier box and restarted the guided setup. When it gets to network hookup my only choices are ethernet, TiVo wireless N adapter or phone. Phone and ethernet are not possible and I have the TiVo wireless G adapter AG0100. Am I missing something here or can I really not use my G adapter with this latest update?

So right now I'm totally TiVo-less and totally ticked

Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks
Lynn
lgwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:40 AM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgwalker View Post
Hi All

TiVo just updated my Premier box and restarted the guided setup. When it gets to network hookup my only choices are ethernet, TiVo wireless N adapter or phone. Phone and ethernet are not possible and I have the TiVo wireless G adapter AG0100. Am I missing something here or can I really not use my G adapter with this latest update?

So right now I'm totally TiVo-less and totally ticked

Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks
Lynn
So it launched into Guided Setup without you telling it to do so?

When you say TiVo updated your Premiere box, do you mean you physically exchanged it, or just that they sent some new software over the internet to it?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
lgwalker

It was a software update over the internet and yes it went to guided setup without me telling it to. I even tried unplugging the box but when it rebooted it still went right to the guided setup.
lgwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

Was there a lineup change at your cable company? It could be that the lineup you were using no longer exists and that's what triggered the forced GS.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
sandycityscott

Wireless N Adaptor Bricked after update

My wireless N adaptor would no longer connect after the upgrade... I reset the adaptor and tried to log into it at 192.168.10.1... but it's not home. Won't connect via WiFi Protected setup either. Appears to be bricked.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:00 PM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

The N adapter is just a wifi bridge right? How could the software update brick it?
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
Coffee

Yea the Premiere DVR will currently not locate a wireless G adapter in guided setup. There is no way to force it to work. I don't think that was intentional and if there's an update fix for it, it'll probably take a few months. It's best to find an ethernet solution for that for now. Ethernet is a LOT better of a connection in all cases anyways.

MoCA and https://www.google.com/#q=ethernet+o...erline+adapter these devices are considered ethernet connections as far as the Premiere unit is concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
The N adapter is just a wifi bridge right? How could the software update brick it?
There's no reason to think that is the case. I'm not aware of any problems with the N adapter. There was probably a different issue that prevented the N adapter from being seen on the computer. That's very easy to do. Some things that block N adapters from being seen on computers are:
1) antivirus programs blocking it
2) computer is set to wireless and did not automatically switch to ethernet when it found an ethernet connection
3) network cable is not attached properly between the adapter and the computer
4) the computer is asking you if this "new" network is a home/public network and you're not answering the question
5) problem with the ethernet port
6) something about the browser is not able to access that IP address
7) your PC has the same IP address

In any case, if your computer can access the internet while attempting to set up N adapter, there is no way your computer will be able to access the N adapter.

Last edited by Coffee : 11-17-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote