TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
TheOneKEA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 14
Question TiVo Stream works now, but the streaming part doesn't...

A while ago I posted this thread where I lamented my inability to get my Stream working on my network. Well, to make the long story short, I got bitten by the OpenWRT firmware I was using - I wasn't able to set up the DHCP server on my wireless router to send DHCP leases where the configured default gateway wasn't the router itself. I eventually gave up on that route and configured an ultralight DHCP server on my firewall, and after a few netfilter/iptables rules changes, the Stream grabbed a valid DHCP lease, connected to the TiVo Service and reported via the sysinfo page that it was working normally. A few pokes later and the TiVo apps on my iPhone and iPad were all set.

Now, the problem seems to be that the Stream can't actually stream anything to my iDevices - when I set up the apps the devices complained that the stream test wasn't working, and actually trying to stream something also failed with an error message. Since my original thread was sent I've since divided my LAN so that the wireless side is now isolated from the wired side with an additional NIC in my firewall. I placed the TiVo and the Stream on the wireless side to minimize the firewall changes that I would have to make, so the magical mDNS/multicast-foo that I wrestled with before should be flowing freely around the wireless network. Has anyone else run across this particular streaming problem yet, and if so, how did you fix it?


EDIT: The download functionality appears to be working a little bit, but it is EXTREMELY SLOW. I started a download of a one-hour show to the TiVo app on my iPad and the download is inching along at a snail's pace. I had expected the transcoding and download to go much faster than this; I knew it wouldn't be in one-quarter time, but it appears to be going slower than real-time. A portion of the details from the Clients page says:

Target Bitrate: 1240000
Encoding: 960x540 H.264 High Level 4.1

EDIT 2: Sorry for the forum spam - the problem was that the device's internal clock was wonky and it hadn't completed its first firmware update yet. After forcing a service call and restarting the Stream after it completed a firmware update, the Stream now works perfectly and will stream a 30min show at standard quality in less than 15 minutes!

Last edited by TheOneKEA : 12-27-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: DERP, update the software
TheOneKEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |