TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
DAccardi
Tivo Special Member

Cablevision and Tivo regarding HD channels.

Cablevision has just launched the NFL Network on channel 150 in the NY/NJ area. If you use a regular cablevision box, channel 150 comes in HD. Not so on TiVo. Only in 480i. Will I have to cancel my tivo service and return back to a Cablevision DVR in order to get NFL Network HD? If that is the only way then I guess my 10 years of TiVo will come to an end . Anyone have any other info regarding this?
DAccardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
DAccardi
Tivo Special Member

Nevermind. I found it on my own. Channel 795. Only thing I love more then my tivo is the NFL.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
klj
Tivo Challenged

glad you found it but you would give up tivo because one station didn't come in hd?
klj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
jjd_87

They show 1 game a week. Usually not even a good one. I love football but you gotta get your priorities in order dude.
jjd_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
naich

Hey I had the same problem. Thanks! I love NFL Network and I was like... c'mon man! We finally get it after all these years and its SD!?
naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
DAccardi
Tivo Special Member

Cmon TiVo!!!! It's been 3 days now and you still dont know we got the NFL channel. That's ridiculous. "No information available" I have no idea what the hell is on NFL network. A Joe Schmoe should not be ahead of you on new channels coming up. Pretty pathetic!
Old 08-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
DAccardi
Tivo Special Member

RedZone channel is what its really all about and that comes with the NFL Network. Oh and yes, if we only got SD I would cancel TiVo. Its so limited in terms of on demand channels and they still have a few incompatible channels you just cant get with a TiVo box. So yeah I gave and am still giving them a long leash but they are far behind the times IMO. TiVo Suggestions is just about all TiVo has that seperates itself. My Xbox360 offers more in terms of on demand programming. That's sad.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:41 AM   #8
jjd_87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAccardi View Post
RedZone channel is what its really all about and that comes with the NFL Network. Oh and yes, if we only got SD I would cancel TiVo. Its so limited in terms of on demand channels and they still have a few incompatible channels you just cant get with a TiVo box. So yeah I gave and am still giving them a long leash but they are far behind the times IMO. TiVo Suggestions is just about all TiVo has that seperates itself. My Xbox360 offers more in terms of on demand programming. That's sad.
THAT'S WHY YOU HAVE A TIVO TO RECORD THE STUFF! I'll never understand what the draw is to On-Demand. Oh here use your DVR to watch a program that you can't skip the commercials in.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
compnurd

Quote:
Cmon TiVo!!!! It's been 3 days now and you still dont know we got the NFL channel. That's ridiculous. "No information available" I have no idea what the hell is on NFL network. A Joe Schmoe should not be ahead of you on new channels coming up. Pretty pathetic!
That could be a Cablevision issue... They need to tell Tribune who Tivo's gets it Guide info from about the channel and the change.. Then you will get it
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
DAccardi
Tivo Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjd_87 View Post
THAT'S WHY YOU HAVE A TIVO TO RECORD THE STUFF! I'll never understand what the draw is to On-Demand. Oh here use your DVR to watch a program that you can't skip the commercials in.

I get the feeling you don't understand alot of things....... Like I said Xbox has more on demand then tivo, Oh...and guess what? They're COMMERCIAL FREE. So if you think that's worse then recording something with commercials that you have to skip, you go ahead and think that. Have a great day kiddo!

Last edited by DAccardi : 08-22-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #11
jjd_87

Quote:
I get the feeling you don't understand alot of things....... Like I said Xbox has more on demand then tivo, Oh...and guess what? They're COMMERCIAL FREE. So if you think that's worse then recording something with commercials that you have to skip, you go ahead and think that. Have a great day kiddo!
And your paying for all those sources you superior mind you.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #12
DAccardi
Tivo Special Member

Crackle(free), Youtube(free), Netflix, EPIX, Hulu, HBO Go(Free for HBO subscribers), Manga(free), Zune MP, Vudu, ESPN3(free), Paramount Pictures, MLB.TV, NBC News(free), IGN(free), Syfy(free), Amazon VOD, CinemaNow, DailyMotion(free), Vevo(free) and the list goes on my friend, seriously.

Tivo needs to step up their game in terms of video on demand.

Better luck next time, have a great day kiddo.

Tell your football coach "Dana" I said hi.

Last edited by DAccardi : 08-23-2012 at 03:52 PM.