TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
afranz

manual programming entries being changed

Hello,
a few times now a manually entered recording was changed to the same show on a different channel and time. I record the Daily Show on Comedy Central from the HD channel not on the first but the second showing and enter these manually. When I go back and check my upcoming recordings I find, and this happens only with the Daily Show, these recordings to be changed to the non-HD channel at the first showing of the show. It's just annoying because now I have to reprogram and delete these entries.
Anyone an idea what this could be ? As I said it happens only with the Daily Show and about once every other month.
afranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
jrtroo
User

What about just unchecking the SD channel version? What shows up under the recording history and To Do list when this happens?

Do you have suggestions turned on? I'm wondering if its trying to record both- your manual recording for the later time and a suggestion on the earlier one.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
afranz

changed the to-do list

Thanks for the reply, it simply moved the recording from the HD to the non-HD channel at the different time.
afranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
jrtroo
User

if the tivo did this, the "to do" list should indicate some notes- what do those say?

Season passes are channel specific, the tivo does not care if sd/hd for them (a comcast dvr, for example, may prompt to ask if you want the HD version of a show, Tivo does not have those links).

A cancelled recording will indicate a reason in the recording history, and the scheduled show should as well.