TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Weeds Season 8 (spoilers up to current episode)

I'm glad to see Nancy and the crew back for one last season. As much as I have grown to hate this show, I wouldn't have wanted to end the way season 7 ended.

I am rather surprised about Nancy's shooter. I certainly didn't see that coming. The kid only had like two or three scenes way back in season 1 or 2. It's too bad he failed. I kinda liked comatose Nancy. The only thing that would have made it better is her sister being in a coma with her.

The vagina weight had me laughing.

It was a pleasant surprise that they brought back the Little Boxes theme song. I missed it.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
heyitscory
Mooz is not a thing

For some reason everyone online has known it was him since the Episode aired last season. Wouldn't have guessed that.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

We were happy to see the show return also, despite the disappointments of the last couple seasons.

It was a nice touch to have the "Little Boxes" theme song to open the show again and the animation that went with it was very cute.

We'll hold on and see what happens when Nancy wakes up. It could be comedy gold or the wheels could fall off the bus completely. No telling which way it'll go.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
I am rather surprised about Nancy's shooter. I certainly didn't see that coming. The kid only had like two or three scenes way back in season 1 or 2. It's too bad he failed. I kinda liked comatose Nancy. The only thing that would have made it better is her sister being in a coma with her.
Could someone remind us who this kid was. I of course watched the flashbacks and kind of remember him but not very much. Who was he and what did Nancy do to piss him off so much that he would want to kill her?

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
Could someone remind us who this kid was. I of course watched the flashbacks and kind of remember him but not very much. Who was he and what did Nancy do to piss him off so much that he would want to kill her?
She married his father. The kid is her step-son from her second marriage. He probably blames Nancy for his father's death. Also, Shane bit him at a karate match.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
She married his father. The kid is her step-son from her second marriage. He probably blames Nancy for his father's death. Also, Shane bit him at a karate match.
Thanks, but could you or anyone else provide a little more details. Like when in the overall story line did this happen. Was Nancy still in her original house selling weed. Or was this after she torched the house and got into heaver trafficing? I do seem to remember Shane biting someone during a match, but I'm still having a problem remembering more of the specifics about the kid that tried to kill Nancy!

Gerry
Old 07-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Thanks, but could you or anyone else provide a little more details. Like when in the overall story line did this happen. Was Nancy still in her original house selling weed. Or was this after she torched the house and got into heaver trafficing? I do seem to remember Shane biting someone during a match, but I'm still having a problem remembering more of the specifics about the kid that tried to kill Nancy!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeds_(season_2)#Plot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s#Tim_Scottson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #8
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:

Gerry
It happened back in Aggrestic. I don't remember who killed the husband though. He was a DEA agent which she discovered at the end of season 1 I believe. He was killed in season 2.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
Gerryex

Quote:
It happened back in Aggrestic. I don't remember who killed the husband though. He was a DEA agent which she discovered at the end of season 1 I believe. He was killed in season 2.
OK! Now I remember. As soon as someone mentioned the DEA agent it started coming back to me. Plus I read the Wiki recap.

Thanks!
Gerry
Old 07-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
mooseAndSquirrel

That's how bad this show has gotten - nobody can even muster the energy to comment in a whole season thread. I don't know and don't care who the woman is with Silas. And there are all sorts of other random things going on. Shows really ought to know when to call it quits.
mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #11
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseAndSquirrel View Post
That's how bad this show has gotten - nobody can even muster the energy to comment in a whole season thread. I don't know and don't care who the woman is with Silas. And there are all sorts of other random things going on. Shows really ought to know when to call it quits.
This is the final season. It is terrible but I can't stop watching. I am hating this season a little bit less than two seasons ago.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #12
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

It does seem to suck less than the last two seasons did a couple episodes in.

meh
Old 07-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #13
mooseAndSquirrel

Quote:
This is the final season. It is terrible but I can't stop watching. I am hating this season a little bit less than two seasons ago.
I'm in the same boat. I don't know why I can't stop watching series once they go bad. I'd still be watching 24 if that was still on!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #14
Bob Coxner

I've seen every episode from every season and I still don't remember the kid who shot Nancy. I'm with everyone else here. I've hated it for the past several seasons but I keep watching. It's like we have so much time invested in it that we have no choice but to keep going till the end.
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #15
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
I've seen every episode from every season and I still don't remember the kid who shot Nancy. I'm with everyone else here. I've hated it for the past several seasons but I keep watching. It's like we have so much time invested in it that we have no choice but to keep going till the end.
When they revealed who he was in the season opener they showed a few shots of him. He was a very forgettable character and I don't think he had too many scenes. I remember his mother.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #16
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Although I have been largely agreeing with you, I thought last night's episode was actually quite good all around. Weeds does Roller Derby (with predictable results), Andy tries for fatherhood (with predictable results), Doug's business antics have grown increasingly entertaining, Nancy's attempts to be a good person (without really understanding what that means), "We've got to stop my son before he kills somebody. Else."

If they can keep this going (admittedly, at this point a pretty big "if"), they could be getting this train back on track.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #17
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
If they can keep this going (admittedly, at this point a pretty big "if"), they could be getting this train back on track.
Just as it pulls into the station one last time.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #18
markymark_ctown

not really digging season 8 now that we're 3 eps in. 13 episode season?
markymark_ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #19
redrouteone
This Space for Lease

Well I did get a chuckle with Doug crapping on his own paper.
redrouteone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #20
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Was the naked roller derby blonde "Sugar" (Jessica Kiper) from Survivor a few years back?

meh
Old 07-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #21
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Is Silas about to have a man on man experience????
Old 07-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #22
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Was the naked roller derby blonde "Sugar" (Jessica Kiper) from Survivor a few years back?
Yes.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0455993/

Ironically, she's also had a lot of issues with drug addiction. She was a patient on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. From the show info, her addictions include:

Alcohol; marijuana; cocaine (former user); opiates, particularly Vicodin; benzodiazepines including Valium and Xanax
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #23
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

She looked great. I would have volunteered to glue on all those little rhinestones. That was a scene made for HD.

My only complaint at that stage was Andy's long monologue. STFU already. I've hated him since his first appearance in season 1.

meh
Old 08-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #24
markymark_ctown

wow...this season sucks so far, but i'm riding out the remaining eps just to see it end.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #25
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

The primary suckitude this season is Andy. Seems like he has one of his pathetic long monologues every episode this years. STFU already you whiner.

meh
Old 09-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #26
redrouteone
This Space for Lease

Oh thank god only 2 episodes left. This season has been pretty bad.
redrouteone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #27
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

They are heading back to Aggrestic!!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #28
john4200

I think that should be in spoiler tags.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #29
markymark_ctown

who cares, just end it...
Old 09-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #30
mooseAndSquirrel

Naked Nancy is the only reason I endure, and there sure isn't much of that.