TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
michael1248

"Blinking" My Shows List

When I delete a show after watching it to the end, the list portion of the "My Shows" screen blinks once or twice. The rest of the display stays constant. Strange.

When I delete a show from the list itself, it deletes slowly, but there is no "blinking" of the list itself.

Slightly annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?
michael1248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
moyekj

Yes, I've seen this several times now with 20.2 software, always after deleting a show in HDUI. I think part of the reason for it is updating the "space available" number after deleting a show. Recently though I couldn't stand using the HDUI anymore and switched back to SDUI and haven't seen the issue again in SDUI My Shows page.
I also see it in ToDo screen (which is SDUI screen no matter which UI you use). In fact I had one case when the whole ToDo screen was blinking in 1 sec intervals for about 1 minute before it stopped. If you just sit on ToDo screen for a while you will notice periodically some flickering of the screen.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
innocentfreak

I have seen the blinking on My Shows and same thing it always happens after I delete a show like it is redrawing the screen twice.

The other spot I saw something similar was the TiVo Suggestions page. Mine got struck redrawing the bottom of the list several times and the shows would keep scrolling like I was hitting something or deleting multiple shows quickly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
rainwater

This is not new with 20.2. It has done this since the inception of the HDUI. It redraws the screen twice on a delete.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
This is not new with 20.2. It has done this since the inception of the HDUI. It redraws the screen twice on a delete.
It is definitely new what I am seeing. I have used the HDUI the entire time and didn't see this before.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
It is definitely new what I am seeing. I have used the HDUI the entire time and didn't see this before.
It may be different now. But the list always flashed twice on delete since the first Premiere release. I haven't noticed the exact behavior with 20.2 but it sounds similar.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
It may be different now. But the list always flashed twice on delete since the first Premiere release. I haven't noticed the exact behavior with 20.2 but it sounds similar.
Then it must of flashed twice so fast it couldn't be seen on mine because I never saw it. I would delete a show and go right to the next show. I never saw my screen flash after deleting a show. Maybe this is why I never felt the UI was as slow as people were complaining about.

Now I delete a show and the background pops in with no show list, and then the background pops again and the list of shows appears. Sometimes the show is there with the X showing it is being deleted and other times it is gone. There is also a noticable delay before the list of shows appear. It almost looks like you are watching a slide show with a black frame between the redrawing of the background. Or like you started to go into My Shows, and started to exit only to go back in.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #8
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Then it must of flashed twice so fast it couldn't be seen on mine because I never saw it. I would delete a show and go right to the next show. I never saw my screen flash after deleting a show. Maybe this is why I never felt the UI was as slow as people were complaining about.
It may have to do with whether the available space indicator is shown but I've been annoyed with the flashing of the list on deletions since I got my original Premiere.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #9
moyekj

Deleting with HDUI is very painful. I can count 1 potato, 2 potato, 3 potato ... 6 potato before the X goes away. Under SDUI it deletes much faster. That's the kind of thing that drives me away from HDUI still - basic tasks such as deleting shows or looking at show details are just too painfully slow in HDUI still.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
michael1248

I couldn't help but notice in the last few days that when I delete a program and try to start another one from the "My Shows List" (usually the morning news shows) my TiVo is unresponsive to my play command. Even though I seem to be hitting play during the "Blink" and see the unit's yellow light indicate it received my command...nothing happens.

If I wait a second for the blinking to stop, I can start another program with the play command with no problem.

I've decided to start blinking myself to get in sync with my TiVo!
michael1248 is offline   Reply With Quote