TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
bgburges

Newbie - Premiere 4 records random shows

I just installed 2 Premiere 4 Tivos this weekend. They are connected to the internet via MOcA. I came home from work and noticed 2 red leds were on indicating it was recording2 shows. The wife tells me 1 or 2 of them have been off and on all day. When i look at MyShows there is nothing unusual there. There is nothing in the ToDo list to record. I scan through the guide and found a random show recording on a channel that we dont even receive on cable, black screen. Cancelled the recording and it went away... This is only happening on one device.

Any one have any ideas?
bgburges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
NotNowChief
Addicted to TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgburges View Post
I just installed 2 Premiere 4 Tivos this weekend. They are connected to the internet via MOcA. I came home from work and noticed 2 red leds were on indicating it was recording2 shows. The wife tells me 1 or 2 of them have been off and on all day. When i look at MyShows there is nothing unusual there. There is nothing in the ToDo list to record. I scan through the guide and found a random show recording on a channel that we dont even receive on cable, black screen. Cancelled the recording and it went away... This is only happening on one device.

Any one have any ideas?
Sounds like you need to update your channel listings, and the DVR seems to be recording what is called "TiVo Suggestions".
TiVo HDXL
TiVo HD
Retired: TiVo Series 2 ST, Philips Series 1 HDR212
NotNowChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
jrtroo
User

Some love suggestions (me) as great indicators of things you may want to watch. They use THUMBS to establish things you may enjoy. Always easier to go here instead of surfing. They do not impact your season passes, and do not take up space in your meter.

Some don't like them and thus turn them off.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #4
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Some love suggestions (me) as great indicators of things you may want to watch. They use THUMBS to establish things you may enjoy.
Or more importantly don't enjoy. Although the Thumbs-up button is essential to seed the Suggestions list, the Thumbs-Down button is what really acts most effectively as a garbage filter.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:46 AM   #5
Arcady
Stargate Fan

Yes.

One of my boxes decided that I wanted to watch every cartoon on boomerang and nick and cartoon network. A thumbs-down on about 12 of them made it stop doing that almost immediately.
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote