TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-13-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
micrgay

PC not showing up in "Now Playing" list

Hi all - my computer isn't showing up in the Now Playing list anymore. I recently got a new router and I changed the IP address in the Tivo accordingly. I installed the newest version of Tivo Desktop (2.5.1) and still nothing. I've checked the Windows Firewall and everything is good there. I can view all the programs on the Tivo from my computer. The tivo just cant see the computer for some reason. When I select the Music, Photos & more.. then select the IP address it says "Server Not Found" pls help
micrgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
windracer
joined the 10k club

Double check that all of the ports necessary are open in Windows Firewall:

http://tivosupport2.instancy.com/Lau...C-8FC6D408B5A7

Also, under TiVo Server Properties, check the Access Control tab and make sure your TiVo is listed (and authorized).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:06 AM   #3
rbprescott

I also cannot see my PC. I recently purchased and installed TiVo Desktop Plus 2.6.1. I have 2 Series 3 TiVo's, one wired and one wireless and run Windows XP. I have successfully transferred files from both TiVo's. Neither one shows the PC. I have Zone Alarm installed, which I disabled. I do not use the Windows Firewall. Per TiVo's suggestion I unstalled TiVo Desktop Plus, ran Desktop Cleaner and reinstalled TiVo Desktop Plus, still to no avail. Any thoughts?
rbprescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #4
rocko
Cuckoo for TiVo

Make sure you have at least one recording (or shortcut to a recording) in your My TiVo Recordings folder. If this folder is empty your TiVos will not "see" the computer.

P4XL x 2 - Lifetime
P - Lifetime
HD - 1TB WD10EVVS - Lifetime
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:22 AM   #5
rbprescott

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocko View Post
Make sure you have at least one recording (or shortcut to a recording) in your My TiVo Recordings folder. If this folder is empty your TiVos will not "see" the computer.
I had one shortcut to the folder that is in My TiVo Recordings folder which has the recordings. Just to duble check following your suggestion I moved one recording to the My TiVo Recordings folder and still no luck.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:59 AM   #6
rocko
Cuckoo for TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbprescott View Post
I had one shortcut to the folder that is in My TiVo Recordings folder which has the recordings. Just to duble check following your suggestion I moved one recording to the My TiVo Recordings folder and still no luck.
Some type of firewall, either hardware or software, is interfering, then. I know this isn't much help but that's all I got.

P4XL x 2 - Lifetime
P - Lifetime
HD - 1TB WD10EVVS - Lifetime
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #7
wscannell

Do you have more than one active network connection on your computer. You may need to select the proper network connection to make it work. Right click on the TiVo icon in the systray and select TiVo Server Properties. You should find a way to select the proper network adapter.
wscannell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:30 PM   #8
rambler

Update your Windows Certificate for TiVo Desktop.

Tivo didn't tell you about this? Me neither!!!

See the threads in the Home Media section of this website - here's one:

http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...d.php?t=390214
rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #9
rbprescott

I would like to thank all those who tried to help me out with my problem of "Not being able to see my PC on my TiVo". After talking to TiVo support twice and posting on TiVo Comm - no success. Well this AM I noticed that there was a TiVo icon in my systen tray and there was a yellow circle and 2 lines in it. I right clicked it and it said that my TiVo Desktop Server was off. I turned it on and voila my PC showed on my TiVo and I listed the shows that were on my PC. Will wonders ever cease?
Old 12-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
UNOwens

Something else to try, for those who are still having trouble.
When we ordered our Tivo, we did it online and there were some glitches. When my CC expired (months later) we found out that there were several accounts under our names. The Tivo rep merged the accounts and voila, PC showed up with no problems.
UNOwens is offline   Reply With Quote