TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
clherv

M-card, buy Tivo XL4, subscribe to Tivo

As told in my other posts of the past few months, I had DTV with Tivo, then switched to FIOS. I am using the just received FIOS $250 reward card to (help) purchase the Tivo XL4.

I have the physical FIOS M card, but not activated.

I also need to do the Tivo subscription.

What is the preferred order of these actions?

--extra question: Tivo warns that XL4 is digital channels only. I have been assuming that FIOS channels are all digital since they are all about fiber, and routers and such. Anybody know one way or the other?
clherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

FiOS is all digital, the XL4 will rock and roll on it
Old 08-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by clherv View Post
As told in my other posts of the past few months, I had DTV with Tivo, then switched to FIOS. I am using the just received FIOS $250 reward card to (help) purchase the Tivo XL4.

--extra question: Tivo warns that XL4 is digital channels only. I have been assuming that FIOS channels are all digital since they are all about fiber, and routers and such. Anybody know one way or the other?
Doesn't matter if they are all digital or not because any analog channels would simply be conversions of the equivalent digital channels. My cable company includes those analog versions so I can still use an S2 box as a spare recorder.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:

Should have addressed your initial questions. If you buy the box from Tivo you can set up the subscription (monthly or lifetime) at the same time. If you don't get the box from Tivo, then buy the box first and then contact Tivo about the sub.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
clherv

Thanks for the help. I ended up calling Tivo to ask some question as I was entering Fry's.
We picked up the box, and as I was purchasing, it seemed that I could not buy the Tivo warranty there--they had their own. Then, Tivo person answered the phone while we were at the counter and we set it up there.

Sadly it took quite some time to get the box set up, and a few calls to Verizon, but it is all good now.
clherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:26 AM   #6
PCurry57
Liberal Hippie Chick

This is why you should have bought it through Best Buy

Quote:
Thanks for the help. I ended up calling Tivo to ask some question as I was entering Fry's.
We picked up the box, and as I was purchasing, it seemed that I could not buy the Tivo warranty there--they had their own. Then, Tivo person answered the phone while we were at the counter and we set it up there.

Sadly it took quite some time to get the box set up, and a few calls to Verizon, but it is all good now.
Best Buy you can get a 4 yr Extended Warranty for the price of a TiVo 2yr Extended Warranty.
PCurry57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillevig View Post
If you buy the box from Tivo you can set up the subscription (monthly or lifetime) at the same time.
That's stated as if it's an option. It is not. When you buy a TiVo from TiVo, you MUST subscribe it during the purchase process or you will not be buying a TiVo from them.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #8
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
That's stated as if it's an option. It is not. When you buy a TiVo from TiVo, you MUST subscribe it during the purchase process or you will not be buying a TiVo from them.
I was just trying to put a positive spin on it.