Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #121
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I think the watch stands out because it is a big purchase. Most people would consider a $5000 watch extravagent. Hank doesn't know about the medical bills and I don't know he knows how much the car wash was and the cars were explained as leases.
It's also easy to hide a watch under a sleeve or jacket if Walt was concerned about it being to "showy". I think Heisenberg has it out flaunting it on purpose.

Much like when he was drunk and telling Hank that Gale is not the Heisenberg he was looking for. Dropping little hints to either taunt Hank or deep down he wants to get caught to end the insanity.

eta: or a third option -- to drop so many hints and *still* outsmart Hank. Hiding in plain sight.

Last edited by Hank : 08-14-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #122
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
I forget, when Walter and Skylar laid out that lie about Walter's "gambling problem", was it just a cover to help explain away the purchase of the car wash, or did they include that they were also helping to pay for Hank's medical bills too?
Both.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #123
pmyers

Quote:
I forget, when Walter and Skylar laid out that lie about Walter's "gambling problem", was it just a cover to help explain away the purchase of the car wash, or did they include that they were also helping to pay for Hank's medical bills too?
Hank does not know that Walter and Sylar paid his medical bills but his wife knows and they used the car wash and the blackjack money to explain the money to her. Hank just knows about the car wash.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #124
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
Both.
Not correct (as far as Hank is concerned).
Old 08-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #125
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
It's also easy to hide a watch under a sleeve or jacket if Walt was concerned about it being to "showy". I think Heisenberg has it out flaunting it on purpose...
totally agree
Old 08-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #126
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Not correct (as far as Hank is concerned).
Ah, you're right. I forgot that Marie hadn't shared the financials with Hank.

/
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #127
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
It's also easy to hide a watch under a sleeve or jacket if Walt was concerned about it being to "showy". I think Heisenberg has it out flaunting it on purpose.

Much like when he was drunk and telling Hank that Gale is not the Heisenberg he was looking for. Dropping little hints to either taunt Hank or deep down he wants to get caught to end the insanity.

eta: or a third option -- to drop so many hints and *still* outsmart Hank. Hiding in plain sight.
I think the third option. His ego is in play. Drop the hints, flaunt and still have Hank running in circles.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #128
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

How ironic that they went with an extremely complex plan to avoid killing potential witnesses (train engineer and conductor), then "had" to kill an innocent boy who became an eyewitness...

Last edited by Bierboy : 08-14-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #129
Gary McCoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
How ironic that they went with an extremely complex plan to avoid killing potential witnesses (train engineer and conductor), then "had" to kill an innocent boy who became an eyewitness...
They went to that much trouble to hide the fact that a crime had been committed, and keep the heat off completely. I think the kid could have been dealt with without killing him, and I think even Mike has qualms about killing kids.

But let us not forget, all three main characters are multiple murderers, distributor/manufacturers of methamphetamine, and generaly people you would be lucky never to meet. Walt was once a "good guy", but he may be the worst because he voluntarily decided to pursue meth manufacturing and is trying to manipulate the others.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #130
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary McCoy View Post
They went to that much trouble to hide the fact that a crime had been committed, and keep the heat off completely. I think the kid could have been dealt with without killing him, and I think even Mike has qualms about killing kids.

But let us not forget, all three main characters are multiple murderers, distributor/manufacturers of methamphetamine, and generaly people you would be lucky never to meet. Walt was once a "good guy", but he may be the worst because he voluntarily decided to pursue meth manufacturing and is trying to manipulate the others.
Both Walt and Jesse were upset with Todd pulling the gun out and just shooting the kid. Maybe in the long run, Jesse and Mike would be more upset than Walt, who was okay with poisoning a little boy.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #131
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
I thought it was a cover for paying Hank's medical bills. ??
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #132
Hank
AC•FTW

I find it very hard to believe that Hank doesn't know that Walt and Skylar were paying his medical bills. Where does he think all that money came from? Insurance? He's a detective, he's smarter than that to just take Marie's word for it.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #133
pmyers

Quote:
I find it very hard to believe that Hank doesn't know that Walt and Skylar were paying his medical bills. Where does he think all that money came from? Insurance? He's a detective, he's smarter than that to just take Marie's word for it.
He thinks his insurance covered all the costs which it would have, just not to the level of good care that he got. I don't find that hard to believe at all.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #134
CraigK
(unspecified)

"Flynn" seems to be making a comeback.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #135
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
We scoured and haven't found it so far. It could be outside the fence or under the deck, but so far we haven't spotted it. I refuse to mow until I find it. It's jungle out there.
Metal detector?
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #136
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoelH View Post
924.something (3, I think) and he rounded it up to 925 to account for spillage and what's left in the hose (I think I remember that correctly - I'm sure someone will chime in to tell me I'm wrong.).
I think the precise number was something like 906 and Walt rounded up to an even 920.
Quote:
The gambling excuse came up in S2 and S3. The car wash purchase wasn't even contemplated until S4. I think the gambling excuse was still used to explain how they had the money to purchase the car wash, but the car wash was not the original reason for the gambling cover.
Quote:
Hank had insurance through the DEA. He thought it covered everything.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #137
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
Why wouldn't he think the insurance covered it? He had no idea it was a point of contention.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #138
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Why wouldn't he think the insurance covered it? He had no idea it was a point of contention.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Marie told him work was covering everything. And I'm sure Hank doesn't want to think about it. He definitely seems like the type to compartmentalize.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #139
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

I don't even think it's him not wanting to think about it, it's just him not thinking about it. In my house I handle all the insurance and bill paying. My husband would have zero clue about something like this.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #140
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ

Hank had insurance through the DEA. He thought it covered everything.
ok then, it sure seems like a smoking gun if Hank ever finds out about it.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #141
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion The Imp View Post

Does anyone get that feeling that Hank knows about Walt already?
Absolutely not. Hank does not even suspect Walt has anything to do with Heisenberg. Yet.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #142
Hank
AC•FTW

Surfing around Youtube, I found this 31 minute "Breaking Bad Behind the Scenes" video. It's from Season 2, so it's pretty dated, but it does have lots of interesting background info.

Breaking Bad - Behind the Scenes
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Old 08-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #143
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank

ok then, it sure seems like a smoking gun if Hank ever finds out about it.
nah,I think it would get written off as more from the gambling winnings.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #144
Rob64

I don't like looking at the previews for the next show but
Spoiler:
I'm guessing the hand being buried in the dirt for next weeks show was Todds. He fits Mikes definition of a loose cannon and I don't even think Mike would have shot the kid.

Rob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #145
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob64 View Post
I don't like looking at the previews for the next show but
Spoiler:
I'm guessing the hand being buried in the dirt for next weeks show was Todds. He fits Mikes definition of a loose cannon and I don't even think Mike would have shot the kid.
BUT, I think they want us to believe that...
Spoiler:
it's the spider kid...

Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #146
Hank
AC•FTW

Concerning next week...

Spoiler:
I think they keep Todd to replace Mike. Clearly he has some street smarts and has no qualms about killing people. Besides just being a helping hand, something tells me that Todd knows a lot more about the meth/drug market/scene than they think.

I'd guess the hand is Lydia's.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #147
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
... Besides just being a helping hand, something tells me that Todd knows a lot more about the meth/drug market/scene than they think.
I unspoiled this excerpted quote because it isn't a spoiler.

I'm not getting that impression about Todd. He works for the fumigation company and is a thief. And now we have seen that he carries a concealed weapon and has no qualms about murdering a child without warning. I see him as a gangster/thug who wants to be part of a ruthless gang of criminals. But we haven't seen any foreknowledge of the drug business. Walt brought him in on this caper as a labourer in a train robbery. I was surprised at how much was revealed to him. It should have only been on a "need to know" basis.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #148
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Until Todd killed the boy, I was thinking he might be an undercover agent.

boy, was I wrong!
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #149
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
Until Todd killed the boy, I was thinking he might be an undercover agent.

boy, was I wrong!
I was actually thinking the same..
Old 08-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #150
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
I unspoiled this excerpted quote because it isn't a spoiler.
Some people get their panties in a bunch about talking about what might happen in future episodes. I don't, but I've been chastised at for not spoilerizing such talk in the past.