‘Real World’ star Joey Kovar dead at 29

http://www.suntimes.com/14553861-761...ead-at-29.html

Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of consecutive
days I've stayed alive. - George Carlin - 1996

1 TiVo Series3 / 1 DTV H24 / 2 DTV HR24
ncsercs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
tiams

Sad, but not surprising. I watched his season of The Real World and his season of Celebrity Rehab.

The thing I remember most about him on Celebrity Rehab was him bawling his eyes out about how his mother RUINED his life because she wouldn't buy him contacts in 6th grade and he had to wear glasses. What kind of monster is she?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

I don't think I was back watching Real World when he was on.

S2 526 HR - Lifetime
Premiere XL4 300 HR - Lifetime

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:56 AM   #4
theraven146

Did you guys know that he entered 30 day rehabilitation for Drug and Alcohol abuse during the Real World season? The paper also reported that both of Kovar’s parents “struggled with drug and alcohol abuse.” It is really difficult to lead a normal life when both the parents are struggling with drugs. It had to have an influence on him.
theraven146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
crowfan
The Dude abides

I quit watching The Real World right around that season, but I did see that season. It's really sad, though I can't say I'm surprised. I remember thinking that he was a real mess while watching that season. That environment can't have helped him much either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
crowfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
sburnside1

If I recall right, he was only 6 weeks out of rehab before entering the Real World: Hollywood house. I only remember because I was thinking the casting director had to be a dbag to put that much temptation in the face of a recovering addict that was fresh out of rehab.
sburnside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
crowfan
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven146 View Post
Did you guys know that he entered 30 day rehabilitation for Drug and Alcohol abuse during the Real World season?
Wasn't that addressed directly, sort of a "plot point" on the show? I seem to remember that. He left and came back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
crowfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #8
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburnside1 View Post
If I recall right, he was only 6 weeks out of rehab before entering the Real World: Hollywood house. I only remember because I was thinking the casting director had to be a dbag to put that much temptation in the face of a recovering addict that was fresh out of rehab.
The way I remember it, he had never been to rehab before Real World. But RW has certainly cast people they knew were unstable. The current season has Brandon who had only been sober a few months before starting the show.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote