TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
Lakertime

Tivo Toshiba SD-H400 stopped receiving from cable box

I've had this tivo set up for years without any issues until about a week ago it just suddenly stopped working. I have the toshiba brand tivo series 2 hooked up by s-video from the cable box to the tivo and svideo out to the tv. The error I'm getting is no signal, check cable box in.

The troubleshooting I've done is check the cable box directly to the tv which is fine, and the tivo out to the tv is fine because I can watch old shows and see tivo central. So, I think I've narrowed it down to the connection from the cable to the tv. I've tried instead of svideo just regular rca cables and that doesn't work either.

Any suggestions or anyone know anything that may have changed without my knowledge that would effect it. I'm on time warner cable with a motorola digital cable box. Thanks
Old 11-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
dwit

Someone in the Toshiba forum recently posted about this same issue, on 2 units. may be somewhat unique with Toshiba hardware. I think there were other posts in that forum for the same thing. don't know if anyone was ever able to resolve.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...09#post8782209

I always wondered if Tivo had some kind of "kill signal" for the Tivo Basic machines. Mine bit it 3 years ago.
Toshiba sdh400 r.i.p.
dwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
dz2k

did you find a solution? i know that tivo must continously connect to the service in order for you to see a cable tv picture.

Last edited by dz2k : 08-11-2012 at 02:08 PM.
dz2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
unitron

If your S-Video cable between a satellite or cable box and the TiVo goes bad, and you try the yellow composite video RCA jack instead, the TiVo doesn't know to look at that jack for incoming video, it's still looking on the S-Video jack until you re-do setup.

And yes, S-Video cables can go bad just sitting there, as unlikely as it seems to you and seemed to me until it happened.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is online now   Reply With Quote