TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
CharlieC

TIVO Website - Billing History

I'm trying to access my billing history on TIVO's website but when I click on that link, a blank page is returned - completely empty except for a title which states BILLING HISTORY. When I contacted TIVO about this they told me it was either a problem with my computer or browser. I tried accessing the page on 3 different pcs, using 2 different browsers (Firefox & IE), as well as an Android device and all of them respond the same - nothing is returned on the page. TIVO insists it's my error - anyone have success getting this page?
CharlieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Also blank here..
it's clearly them.

The Order History item one step below does work
Old 07-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
cannonz

Don't know if it's because I only have lifetime on acct I get---Sorry, you are not the billing contact for this DVR, so you cannot view billing history for this DVR.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #4
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Just tried it and it works fine for me. It can take a minute to build the list.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
dwit

Works fine after the DVR is selected.

When I select a unit, it displays the history.
Toshiba sdh400 r.i.p.
dwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonz View Post
Don't know if it's because I only have lifetime on acct I get---Sorry, you are not the billing contact for this DVR, so you cannot view billing history for this DVR.
If you got your TiVo from another TiVo account that did pay TiVo for the service, than that is the response you would get.

Last edited by lessd : 07-31-2012 at 01:42 PM.
lessd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:12 AM   #7
theraven146

I just knew that billing history could be viewed in Tivo website. I got to know how this is done and tried it myself. It worked well for me. I guess your problem could be because of an Internet issue. Did you try it in other IP addresses?
theraven146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
CharlieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwit View Post
Works fine after the DVR is selected.

When I select a unit, it displays the history.
On what screen are you seeing a DVR unit to select? All I see is a BILLING HISTORY listing to select on a side menu.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #9
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

This is what I get on the Billing History screen, AFTER I clicked on the "Billing History" from the left side menu.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tivo.jpg (12.6 KB, 130 views)

~~~~~

Old 08-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #10
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post

This is what I get on the Billing History screen, AFTER I clicked on the "Billing History" from the left side menu.
Not at all what I get

Attached Images
File Type: jpg billingsm.jpg (36.3 KB, 135 views)
Old 08-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #11
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
Not at all what I get
Do you have cookies enabled on your browser?

~~~~~

Old 08-09-2012, 05:12 AM   #12
CharlieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
Not at all what I get
That's exactly what I see - no DVR to select - and I DO have cookies enabled. In fact - looking at the list of cookies for TIVO.COM, there are a number of them listed.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #13
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Do you have cookies enabled on your browser?
yup indeed I do, and I checked in IE and got the same result, my IE runs clean with no plug ins.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:15 AM   #14
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

What about Java?

~~~~~

Old 08-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #15
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

I found that the billing history won't let me see info if the box was originally bought by someone else.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillevig View Post
I found that the billing history won't let me see info if the box was originally bought by someone else.
is the box now in your name on your account?
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #17
BrianCT

I am having the same exact problems; I've tried 4 different browsers, still blank.
BrianCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #18
CharlieC

Quote:
What about Java?
Yes, Javascript is enabled.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #19
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41 View Post
is the box now in your name on your account?
Yup, but it tells me that I'm not the account holder of record. It does that for all five boxes that I bought used and they are all on my account. I'm assuming that the "account holder of record" is the original purchaser. Maybe it works differently if the boxes are monthly but mine are all lifetime.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #20
lessd

Quote:
Yup, but it tells me that I'm not the account holder of record. It does that for all five boxes that I bought used and they are all on my account. I'm assuming that the "account holder of record" is the original purchaser. Maybe it works differently if the boxes are monthly but mine are all lifetime.
Not only does the TiVo have to be in your account but you must have paid for the TiVo service in that account, than the billing should show up. If you purchase a Lifetime TiVo from a 3rd pty and xfer that TiVo into your account the billing info. will not show up.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #21
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
Not only does the TiVo have to be in your account but you must have paid for the TiVo service in that account, than the billing should show up. If you purchase a Lifetime TiVo from a 3rd pty and xfer that TiVo into your account the billing info. will not show up.
That's what I figured. Someone originally told me to check the billing history when I asked if there was any way to determine which boxes would qualify me for the MSD.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #22
lessd

Quote:
That's what I figured. Someone originally told me to check the billing history when I asked if there was any way to determine which boxes would qualify me for the MSD.
You don't have to be the person that paid to get MSD, your account will show you if MSD can be used, one simple way is to log into your TiVo account and try buying a new TiVo, you will be given a Lifetime price, if that price in $399 you have MSD if the price is $499 you don't have MSD on that account. (You don't have to complete the purchase of course)

Old 08-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #23
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
That was me, and I was ass-u-ming that all your Tivos were originally purchased by you.
I didn't think about used Tivos bought from a 3rd party as being part of the equation.

The billing history works for me, but all my Tivos were originally purchased/activated by me.

Maybe that's the factor here? If you only have Tivos that were bought from a 3rd party on your account, you won't have a billing history to display, therefore the page is blank (missing the 'select DVR' dropdown)?
That's the only thing that would make sense to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #24
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
That was me, and I was ass-u-ming that all your Tivos were originally purchased by you.
I didn't think about used Tivos bought from a 3rd party as being part of the equation.

The billing history works for me, but all my Tivos were originally purchased/activated by me.

Maybe that's the factor here? If you only have Tivos that were bought from a 3rd party on your account, you won't have a billing history to display, therefore the page is blank (missing the 'select DVR' dropdown)?
No Tivo's on my account that were ever activated by someone else, all were purchased by me and activated.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #25
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
You don't have to be the person that paid to get MSD, your account will show you if MSD can be used, one simple way is to log into your TiVo account and try buying a new TiVo, you will be given a Lifetime price, if that price in $399 you have MSD if the price is $499 you don't have MSD on that account. (You don't have to complete the purchase of course)
Quote:

I know that I currently have at least one Tivo on my account that qualifies me for the MSD because I was able to take advantage of a special offer to get a Premeire. The problem is that I have a large collection of older boxes, many of which will eventually be sold or given away so it would be nice to know if there is a particular one that I need to keep. Ironically, I originally qualified for the MSD when I registered a pair of S1 boxes on my account. I've since sold those boxes but the new owners declined to transfer them. For what it's worth, the last time I called Tivo I asked if the CSR could tell me which boxes qualified me for the MSD and he said he thought they all did but had nothing definitive that he could point me to to prove it.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #26
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:

Except that that issue was covered in the first few responses to the OP.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #27
BrianCT

Anyone have better luck, I still am having issues seeing only the blank page.
BrianCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #28
oinkaroonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianCT View Post
Anyone have better luck, I still am having issues seeing only the blank page.
I have a deactivated S2 and a lifetime HD. I get a blank page because there's no recent billing history. I paid for a month on my S2 in 2010 when its 3-year contract was up because I hadn't deactivated it, but apparently Billing History only shows more recent billings.

I don't get a Please select prompt because I have only one active box.

My Order History page shows me everything, though: Purchase of my S2 in 2007, purchase of my HD in 2009, and warranty replacement of a bad remote in 2010.
oinkaroonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #29
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oinkaroonie View Post
My Order History page shows me everything, though: Purchase of my S2 in 2007, purchase of my HD in 2009, and warranty replacement of a bad remote in 2010.
I didn't purchase my Tivos from TiVo, so the only things in my Order History are a pair of IR blasters and a couple of misc. swag items.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #30
b_scott
TiVo Fan

not working today, nor the credit card info. Chat said there is a site issue.
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote