TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

Value Question?

I have a S3 TCD648250B with a new 1TB drive upgrade and PLS running like a champ. But I really need to upgrade to a Tivo S4 4 tuner. What is the value of my S3?
Surrealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
WhiskeyTango

Check ebay.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

yes was going to do that too Thanks I just trust the experts here to get me a good starting point. Thanks Again
Old 08-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
chiguy50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealone View Post
I have a S3 TCD648250B with a new 1TB drive upgrade and PLS running like a champ. But I really need to upgrade to a Tivo S4 4 tuner. What is the value of my S3?
Checking on recent actual sale prices for comparable units on eBay is a very good gauge of what you can reasonably expect to get. Depending on its actual condition (and the condition and reliability of the upgraded hard drive), I would estimate $250 to $300, most of which value is attributable to the PLS. However, the bottom line is that your unit is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

I recently sold my two S3HD's w/PLS for about $300 each to make room for a Premiere and Premiere Elite. They were in excellent condition, complete with shipping containers and all original accessories.

If you live in a metropolitan area, you could try posting on craigslist and/or an on-line classified ad service such as the local newspaper. I have had good luck with craigslist, but it sometimes takes a bit of patience.
chiguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiguy50 View Post
Checking on recent actual sale prices for comparable units on eBay is a very good gauge of what you can reasonably expect to get. Depending on its actual condition (and the condition and reliability of the upgraded hard drive), I would estimate $250 to $300, most of which value is attributable to the PLS. However, the bottom line is that your unit is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

I recently sold my two S3HD's w/PLS for about $300 each to make room for a Premiere and Premiere Elite. They were in excellent condition, complete with shipping containers and all original accessories.

If you live in a metropolitan area, you could try posting on craigslist and/or an on-line classified ad service such as the local newspaper. I have had good luck with craigslist, but it sometimes takes a bit of patience.
All very good advice and you are right it's worth whatever I can get.
Thanks Again