TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
atotten

Angry Did not get closing ceremony!

All - so disappointed that my Tivo did NOT record the repeat of the closing ceremony of the XXX Olympics that came on around midnight EST. When I looked at the recording history the msg said that Tivo encountered an unexpected conflict. I had nothing scheduled for that time slot and in the history nothing showed up as a conflict. Did NBC somehow block DVR recording of the ceremony? I had no problems recording other Olympic events.
I have FIOS service.
So sad because a quick search seems to show no repeats of the closing ceremonies.
atotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
klj
Tivo Challenged

the gods were looking out for you
klj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
taronga

Even if you had recorded the first broadcast you'd have had problems. My recording was missing the first ~12 minutes. Then NBC cut it off right after the flame was extinguished to 'treat' us to a preview of "Animal Practice", so the final performances including The Who aired sometime later. But I always planned on downloading the uncut BBC version so I'm not upset.
taronga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #4
mattack

Argh, the Who did actually play? I thought they wouldn't, since they had some other band do Pinball Wizard (fairly decently, IMHO). I did download the recording to computer because a few of the songs were actually complete (I like Bob Costas, but I hope someone spazzed at him partway through since he seemed to stop talking over the music fairly quickly).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:44 AM   #5
tootal2

I recorded it fine. not happy that nbc cut out the who
tootal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #6

There is a torrent available if you still want to watch it.
9300170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
chimerax

I also scheduled my TiVo to record the Olympics closing ceremony but NBC cut away to air a new sitcom. Almost every newspaper has covered the last minute act by NBC that has left every ardent sports lover fuming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9300170 View Post
There is a torrent available if you still want to watch it.
I am eager to watch the closing ceremony and it would be helpful if you post the torrent link.
chimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
bobfrank

Quote:
Originally Posted by taronga View Post
Even if you had recorded the first broadcast you'd have had problems. My recording was missing the first ~12 minutes.
NBC had a 90 minute show preceding the Olympic telecast called something like "Olympic Gold." The closing ceremony started about 10 or 15 minutes before 8:00. So it wasn't your TiVo's fault.

Bob
bobfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #9
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfrank View Post
The closing ceremony started about 10 or 15 minutes before 8:00. So it wasn't your TiVo's fault.

Bob
I didn't realize that. My recording started with the London 2012 logo and "welcome to the closing ceremony..." then went to the ceremony with a Michael Caine countdown 5-4-3-2-1, so it seemed like it was the beginning.