TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
AZTECF

Premiere stuck in a loop

Bought a premiere with lifetime on ebay, got it today and started the guided setup, it got to the point where it was loading guide information and looked like it had finished.

Then it went to the welcome screen and went thru the start up and ended back on the beging of the guided setup.

it lets you get part way thru the setup and reboots again, not always in the same place.

Any ideas?

Thanks Jeff
AZTECF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
AZTECF

I am using the unit OTA only, I have made it to "Getting Program info" as I post this.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
AZTECF

Well it finished the getting program info and then all the front lights blinked and it went to the welcome screen, then almost there just a few minutes more and back to the guided set up.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivosupport_jacob View Post
Hello AZTECF,

The TiVo Premiere could be trying to download the Fall update 20.2.2, which can take a very long time.

I would be able to tell if this is the case with your TSN or TiVo Service Number (15 digits).

Do you mind sending me a PM with your TSN?

If the issue continues for 24hrs+, try completing the Guided Setup with an incorrect Zip Code. Once it's finished, repeat the Guided Setup with the correct Zip Code.

Please continue to update as applicable.

Thanks!
-J
Just how incorrect does the zip code need to be?

I could change the fifth digit in ours and still wind up with the exact same channels.

(fortunately I don't have a Premiere, so I'm just asking to better understand what the problem is, and for the benefit of S4 owners who might not realize they need to try a zip that's way, way out of town, if indeed that's necessary)

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote