TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #31
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy
I thought the Warehouse premiere was weak, but the sound was distorted and AWFUL. .
God yes. Watched first two tonight. First was such a mess I thought my setup was screwed up.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #32
whitson77
Director Level

Really enjoying Alphas right now, this season started off really well IMO.
whitson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #33
Church AV Guy

I thought the second episodes of both shows were better.
Spoiler:
Artie is seeing the possible effects of his actions, and Steve has been brought back, with out permission (guesseed that).
I did not notice the sound this time as being distorted, so they must have fixed it. I wonder if they fixed it in any of the additional showings last week.
Spoiler:
The monster bit looked pretty much right out of a bad episode of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Cute, and could not be taken seriously.

Rosen will have to win back the trust of the enture team it seems. they need to keep a supply of pudding on hand for Gary, just in case. Oh, and someone needs to explain to him AGAIN the concept of privacy! Sheesh!

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA

Last edited by Church AV Guy : 07-31-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #34
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

I feel like an old perv saying this but Allison Scagliotti looked FINE last night om W13.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #35
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
I feel like an old perv saying this but Allison Scagliotti looked FINE last night om W13.
I totally agree.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Old 07-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #36
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

She looked terrible.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #37
DouglasPHill

In the first ep she looked terrible. Have not seen the 2nd ep.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #38
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Shows I tried and dropped:
Alphas
Being Human
Caprica
Eureka
Haven
Lost Girl
Merlin
Warehouse 13
Try the original Being Human on BBCA, it is 1000 times better than its SyFy cousin. At least the first three season were. This last season, not so much as 3/4's of the original had moved on and the actresss that plays Annie has now moved on also.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #39
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfreak View Post
Try the original Being Human on BBCA, it is 1000 times better than its SyFy cousin. At least the first three season were. This last season, not so much as 3/4's of the original had moved on and the actresss that plays Annie has now moved on also.
Yeah. The BBC version of Being Human is a really good example of a show that has stayed around too long after the use-by date, and is now mighty stale. It should have ended after season three. Season four was pretty bad, really, and I haven't seen season five. When Aidan Turner left, the show should have ended.

I don't think the US version has been as good, but it has been very consistent--so far.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #40
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Terrible how? Hair too dark? Too much makeup?
Old 08-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #41
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
I don't think the US version has been as good, but it has been very consistent--so far.
I watched two episodes and I thought the acting made the boys from Supernatural look like Oscar material in comparison. I mean, I thought it was right up their with Sharktopus in the bad acting department.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #42
zuko3984

Quote:
I totally disagree. I think the American version in much better then the BBC version. I might give in that the first few episodes of the BBC one were better but once the american version started to go in it's own direction it became much much better. And season 4 of the BBC version was horrible and unwatchabel for me. I can't even belive they are planning on doing a season 5.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
zuko3984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #43
zuko3984

Quote:
I watched two episodes and I thought the acting made the boys from Supernatural look like Oscar material in comparison. I mean, I thought it was right up their with Sharktopus in the bad acting department.
I guess we have different taste because i have to disagree again. I think the acting on the american version is much better then the BBC version. I thought the actor who played George on the BBC version was just terrible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #44
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuko3984 View Post
I guess we have different taste because i have to disagree again. I think the acting on the american version is much better then the BBC version. I thought the actor who played George on the BBC version was just terrible.
Of people who've seen both, you're the first person I've ever seen say they prefer the American version/American actors. You're probably the first person I've seen who didn't say the American version was BAD, not just that they preferred the BBC version.

Personally I think the actor who plays George in the American version (Sam Huntington) is actually one of the worst actors I've ever seen in a lead role.

Interesting viewpoint.

dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #45
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I think the American one has been on an upward trend, and the British one on a downward trend. To the point where the American one has become quite interesting, and the British one quite...not.

I probably wouldn't say the American version is quite as good as the British one was at its peak. But it's definitely gotten into the same league.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #46
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I think the American one has been on an upward trend, and the British one on a downward trend. To the point where the American one has become quite interesting, and the British one quite...not.

I probably wouldn't say the American version is quite as good as the British one was at its peak. But it's definitely gotten into the same league.
Yes, the last season of the BBC version definitely is below par; mostly because it's run about a season longer than it should have as a series, sicne just about every original cast member is gone. But the fair comparison really is more season-by-season, at least while the storyline is mostly identical. If/when they seriously diverge such comparisons will be more difficult.

dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #47
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
If/when they seriously diverge such comparisons will be more difficult.
So, basically, after about the first half of the first season?
Old 08-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #48
zuko3984

Quote:
Of people who've seen both, you're the first person I've ever seen say they prefer the American version/American actors. You're probably the first person I've seen who didn't say the American version was BAD, not just that they preferred the BBC version.

Personally I think the actor who plays George in the American version (Sam Huntington) is actually one of the worst actors I've ever seen in a lead role.

Interesting viewpoint.
I might be one of the few who thinks the American version is better but according to the discussion of season 2 of the american version plenty of people are enjoying it.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...ht=being+human

I feel that the BBC version started out really good and got worse as it went on with the latest season being unwatchable, while the american version seems to be getting better as it goes on which to me is the sign of a better show.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #49
zuko3984

Quote:
Yes, the last season of the BBC version definitely is below par; mostly because it's run about a season longer than it should have as a series, sicne just about every original cast member is gone. But the fair comparison really is more season-by-season, at least while the storyline is mostly identical. If/when they seriously diverge such comparisons will be more difficult.
Have you actually watched all of the american version because they went went in a totally different direction from the BBC version about half way through the first season and by the second season it has basically no story lines that resemble anything from the BBC version.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #50
Sadara
huh?

I'm watching Alphas regularly! We dropped WH13 at the end of Season 1. The effects where hideous! On our really nice HD TV it just seemed so bad... and totally unbelievable. We just couldn't get into it any more.
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #51
trainman
Nice to see you

Edited: Didn't see there was a specific thread created for this week's episode. Reposting over there...
Old 08-18-2012, 02:08 AM   #52
miller890

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation. Great series.
Comcast, all wired to 1GB
miller890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #53
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

We just got caught up on W13 and I forgot how fun it is. We laugh out loud (mostly at Pete) a few times an ep.

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #54
trainman
Nice to see you

Geishas and pregnancy on this week's "Warehouse 13"? I think the writers just have a long list of fetishes and are checking them off one by one. (And they appear to have suddenly realized that they may run out of "famous" people sooner rather than later, hence the couple of "regular person" artifacts involved in this one.)

Oh, and if anyone has a fetish for embarrassing product-placement dialogue, they definitely got to enjoy that, too.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #55
Idearat

The biggest laugh I had was having two actors from Psych on the same episode.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #56
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat View Post
The biggest laugh I had was having two actors from Psych on the same episode.
I guess the Vancouver folks were visiting Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Oh, and if anyone has a fetish for embarrassing product-placement dialogue, they definitely got to enjoy that, too.
"Look, it's got Pandora!"

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #57
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Geishas and pregnancy on this week's "Warehouse 13"? I think the writers just have a long list of fetishes and are checking them off one by one. (And they appear to have suddenly realized that they may run out of "famous" people sooner rather than later, hence the couple of "regular person" artifacts involved in this one.)

Okay, I laughed, but then went WTF? when have the agents ever gone had to go undercover as specific as they did to look like geisha gals. Usually they just step in, say they are special agents and grab the thing. I just dismissed that whole opening as fluff.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #58
DouglasPHill

Alphas is really different this season. I did not think it needed to be retooled and am not particularly fond of it now. Now there is this sinister guy that the boss is focused on every episode. Last year it was mostly solving the case of the week.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #59
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Okay, I laughed, but then went WTF? when have the agents ever gone had to go undercover as specific as they did to look like geisha gals. Usually they just step in, say they are special agents and grab the thing. I just dismissed that whole opening as fluff.
Well, they were in Japan.
US Secret Service probably doesn't have a lot of authority to just take stuff.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #60
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasPHill View Post
Alphas is really different this season. I did not think it needed to be retooled and am not particularly fond of it now. Now there is this sinister guy that the boss is focused on every episode. Last year it was mostly solving the case of the week.
It seems much darker than last season.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote