TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
aindik

True Blood S05E10, 8/12/12

I thought this was better than prior weeks, but I still don't care about the authority and their whole story doesn't make sense. All these vampires joined the authority with the intention of waiting around until the leader could be overthrown? And is Salome powerful enough to overthrow it without Russell, and if so why would she involve him? He clearly doesn't believe in their fundamentalist agenda.

Bill was watching the scene with Erik, his sister, Godrick, and Lilith. He knew the latter two weren't there because they didn't show up in his view on the screen. Does that mean they're a hallucination and, if so, it looks like Bill wasn't surprised by that.

Jessica knows fundamentalism when she sees it. I assume she, Sam and Luna will team up to overthrow the Authority, along with possibly Erik. I still think he's faking it.

Was the vampire on the other side of the contract with Sookie's ancestors the same one who Sookie saw when she saw her parents' murder?

I liked Hoyt's goodbye.
aindik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
john4200

Yes, Warlow killed Sookie's parents and made the deal with her ancestor to get the firstborn female Fae to the family. The question is, why would Sookie's ancestor make such a contract? What did she get out of the deal?

When I first saw the scene with Godric appearing and Bill in the surveillance room, I thought that Godric was a hologram that Bill was controlling. But as it went on, I don't think so -- it seems like Bill was just watching, since he did not "see" Godric and Lilith. But Eric and Nora both saw the same Godric and Lilith visions, so obviously it was "real" in some sense (perfectly synchronized hallucinations seeming extremely unlikely). If it wasn't a hologram, and it was a "real" vision, then it seems that the so-called Lilith blood allows vampires to see (and hear) visions of their ancestors. Some have theorized that the Lilith-blood is actually fairy blood. If so, this would be a new side-effect of fairy blood (allowing vampires to see their ancestors).
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
getreal
postcrastinator

I was noticing that they shot Anna Paquin above the waist, or she would be hiding her baby bump with a pillow while dressed in un-sexy PJs. Apparently she has recently birthed twins. I would also guess that the writers added the Ifrit storyline in order to give other characters more to do and Sookie less air time as her body changed throughout the shooting schedule.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
nexter

Russel carried it with that little speech and throwing Salome against that pillar, I knew the time was coming when Russel would be back to his oldself, I just kinda wish he would have killed someone to make a bigger statement. ^^
nexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
danterner
Not it!

I really enjoyed Russell's accent shift this episode (it started last episode, when he threatened the pack master. He dropped the southern twang and spoke in a threatening eastern european accent - I wasn't sure what it was at the time, or even if I had heard right since it was just one sentence, spoken quietly). This episode, it was much more evident. During the scene when he was grandstanding on the table, he dropped the southern accent entirely and was speaking in the same accent. I'm guessing Romanian, or something along those lines. Who knows; could be Transylvanian I love the idea that his current persona is just an affect and a ruse, and that now we are starting to see the "real" Russell Edgington.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
tiams

Looks like Andy is going to be the father of a half-fae baby.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
I was noticing that they shot Anna Paquin above the waist, or she would be hiding her baby bump with a pillow while dressed in un-sexy PJs. Apparently she has recently birthed twins. I would also guess that the writers added the Ifrit storyline in order to give other characters more to do and Sookie less air time as her body changed throughout the shooting schedule.
I had no idea! that explains the PJs (I remember thinking she looked "fat" under there).
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I had no idea! that explains the PJs (I remember thinking she looked "fat" under there).
I stand corrected. Apparently she is still pregnant with twins, but hasn't birthed them yet.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #9
Queue
UnbowdUnbentUnbrokn

I was wondering how long it would take Russell to bring up Sookie.

Do we know how old Roman was? Russell took him out and Russell is 3000. Eric is 1000. Salome is around 2000.

Do you think we'll find out who turned Mike (the coroner)? Think that had something to do with Warlow?
Queue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #10
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queue View Post
Do you think we'll find out who turned Mike (the coroner)? Think that had something to do with Warlow?
Seems unlikely. Warlow probably wanted a live female fairy, but Mike would have killed her.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queue View Post

Maybe Warlow is back and he turned Mike?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #12
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Maybe Warlow is back and he turned Mike?
I thought he was turned as part of the authorities new requirement to bolster their (vampire) numbers, and has nothing to do with Warlow.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #13
Queue
UnbowdUnbentUnbrokn

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
I thought he was turned as part of the authorities new requirement to bolster their (vampire) numbers, and has nothing to do with Warlow.
I didn't even put that together with Mike being turned. But that sounds more likely.
Queue is offline   Reply With Quote