TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
CynPiz

Improving Performance on My Premiere Elite

Hello - I recently posted some problems on the Premiere Forum but decided this really could be a more general issue.

I need advice on the best way to improve connectivity for HD streaming with Hulu, YouTube, etc on my new Premiere Elite.

I currently have a Netgear router that has a poor signal reach - I tried to replace it with no improvements - I believe my 2200 sq ft home is just too big and it doesn't help that I have a nice thick brick wall in our TiVO room...

Yes - I tried to get a better router and there was no signal improvement.

I now am thinking of getting an expander or a powerline ethernet expander or do you all just think I should connect TiVO directly to the router and figure out some other way to get my PC wired up at the other end of the house???

MY TV is so important to me but I'd had to lose performance on my PC
CynPiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
windracer
joined the 10k club

I have no experience with powerline adapters, but seriously look into MoCA. I use MoCA adapters on all my HD TiVos and am extremely happy with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
I have no experience with powerline adapters, but seriously look into MoCA. I use MoCA adapters on all my HD TiVos and am extremely happy with it.
Aren't you assuming that he has a cable outlet somewhere convenient to his router?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
jrtroo
User

No real need to cross post, though nice that you mention it. Linking to it would be even better.

MOCA seems to be your best case solution. It is a touted and well-regarded feature on the Elite- and is the same answer provided in the other thread.

Do you have a technical issue, or not understand what it is?
Old 07-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
jrtroo
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Aren't you assuming that he has a cable outlet somewhere convenient to his router?
Her other thread indicates that her cable modem and router are in close proximity. She was able to move them to increase signal strength marginally.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
CynPiz

Sorry jrtroo...I didn't know I could link to the other post...I'll just stay on the other thread LOL
CynPiz
CynPiz is offline   Reply With Quote