TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-23-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
Ocean

Question Pixelation on 101, T17 - What's the cause?

I'm running a DSR7000 that has 6.3e, and I'm noticing a lot of pixelation on certain channels (such as Weather Channel, and Comedy Central), which are all running on 101W, Transponder 17.

Other channels don't seem to be affected, or if they are, it's barely noticable - but on these channels, there is regular pixelation, day and night, rain or shine. I'm getting 90/90 for signal strength on 101/17, even during times of pixelation.

Is there a problem with the sat feed, or is this a 6.3e issue? Or something else?

Any help would be appreciated!
Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:10 AM   #2
John T Smith

See if reading these messages helps
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=318681
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=333631

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
John T Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by John T Smith

Thanks for the references, John. I looked them over and did some more research - I find myself at a bit of a loss, though, because selective pixelation problems seem to be attributed to both a defective tuner, as well as to the 6.3e software.

Even if I troubleshooted this and localized it to a particular tuner - if 6.3e is causing pixelation problems for some users on Tuner 2, how can I know whether the true cause is hardware or software?

Obviously, I would prefer not to junk the unit needlessly, when waiting for a software update is all that was necessary.
Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
debsmusings

Comedy Central Pixelation Issue

I am searching through the TIVO forums for problems with Comedy Central HD pixelation issues.

Are you still seeing pixelation issues on Comedy Central? I am researching this issue that I have been seeing for over a year and am trying to see if I can document other problems in the TIVO community.

I use FIOS and regularly have pixelation problems with The Daily Show, Colbert Report and TOSH.0
debsmusings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
litzdog911
TechKnow Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsmusings View Post
I am searching through the TIVO forums for problems with Comedy Central HD pixelation issues.

Are you still seeing pixelation issues on Comedy Central? I am researching this issue that I have been seeing for over a year and am trying to see if I can document other problems in the TIVO community.

I use FIOS and regularly have pixelation problems with The Daily Show, Colbert Report and TOSH.0
Most of the folks here don't have HD Tivos since DirecTV & Tivo only just recently launched the THR22 HD Tivo. But I can tell you that I don't have any pixelation issues with Comedy Central on any of my DirecTV HD Receivers/DVRs. Your problem may be a FIOS issue.
HR10-250 HD DVR 400GB (v6.4a)
H21-200 HD Receiver
R10 DVR 160GB (v6.4a)
litzdog911 is offline   Reply With Quote