TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Bachelor Pad 3 Entire Season *Spoilers*

Figured there probably won't be much discussion week to week plus IIRC this show has a very short run so might as well combine it all into one thread.

I am surprised Chris paired up with Blakely. Chris seems mature for his age yet Blakely immature.

Also the twins, ugh, hate that they somehow went to the same University I did. The twins were also on Jersey Shore, in Italy. I can't wait for them to go next as I don't really like them.

I don't pay attention to the strategy and numbers of the game, I just like the drama. If Swat voted with the fans would it have mattered next week or will the vets just run them over (assuming the vets stick together)

S2 526 HR - Lifetime
Premiere XL4 300 HR - Lifetime

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

In the middle of watching, well behind live TV. It's interesting that Erica Rose knows Kalon.

Donna's hilarous. The reactions from some of the alums about the fans coming on the show was pretty funny too. Ed's drunk antics were pretty hilarious. I didn't really watch Jillian's season. Was he like that on her show?

Finally done watching. Dave openly saying his plan was really dumb. Too bad Paige is gone. She's kinda cute and I would've much rather her stay than stupid Erica. I'd forgotten that Jamie is actually pretty attractive.

Is it me or Blakely a control freak?

The bit at the end of Chris yawning and taking Kalon's Porsche was awesome.

Last edited by cwerdna : 07-24-2012 at 01:02 AM.
cwerdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einselen View Post

I don't pay attention to the strategy and numbers of the game, I just like the drama. If Swat voted with the fans would it have mattered next week or will the vets just run them over (assuming the vets stick together)
If Swat had voted with the fans, Erica would have been gone. But without some vets voting with the fans they would not have had the numbers to do anything.

Usually on reality game shows, Big Brother for instance, I hate when they bring back players that have already played the game. Bachelor Pad is the opposite; I don't think I like the new players.

Poor Blakeley. In the opening she said she just wanted a friend and those girls, Jaclyn, and whoever, were so mean! They are just awful human beings.

funny recap:
http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/bachelo...on-3-premiere/
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
Jebberwocky!

How many freakin shows has Erica been on?

This show is a train wreck - good stuff.
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #5
mattack

Blakely is the one everyone hated that was kept until the end on Emily's Bachelor season, right???

Oh, and -- THEY GOT RID OF THE HOTTEST ONE!!! (Yes, the "girl next door" look is better than the bimbo look.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Wow Ed was drunk yet again. The editors did a great job tonight, good job with David on the date with Blakely. I almost, just almost, thought he had a chance to win the rose from her then the editors did a great job making the twins seem super annoying, I am sure they were, but all the fighting squeals all together as voiceovers when they were not facing the camera was very well done.

S2 526 HR - Lifetime

Old 08-01-2012, 01:02 AM   #7
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Great stuff! Agreed that the editors did a great job. The twins and their bickering was hilarious.

Chris and Blakely's partnership is pretty weird and awkward to say the least. Man, Jamie is pretty hot.

I'm surprised that Stagliano likes Rachel. There are so many hotter women in the house. They did a great job w/his date and Donna.

Ed is just a crackup when he's drunk. I wonder if Sarah and Ed will be able to patch things up.

I can't believe anyone would like that d-bag Kalon. Perhaps the filming was done before Lindzi had any idea about what kind of guy he was on The Bachelorette? Maybe if she sees the eps, she'll change her mind.

Last edited by cwerdna : 08-01-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #8
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Wow. Nobody watching? The was funny how Chris threw in that bit about getting into your nut sack and how he fooled everyone into thinking he was a wax figure.

That was so funny that Kalon got paired w/Erica. Ed was funny, yet again. Man, I'd hate to be partners w/Blakely. She's just a control freak, as usual.

Jamie was looking hot at always. Never noticed until now that Jaclyn has nice legs.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Here's the weird thing about Bachelor Pad. I didn't like Blakely on The Bachelor, like her here. I thought Chris was an OK guy in The Bachelorette, cannot stand him here.

This must have started shooting immediately after The Bachelorette. I'm convinced Chris is taking his anger toward Emily on these women.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #10
Jebberwocky!

I saw this on Team Chris' facebook page.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #11
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Here's the weird thing about Bachelor Pad. I didn't like Blakely on The Bachelor, like her here. I thought Chris was an OK guy in The Bachelorette, cannot stand him here.
Weird indeed. I really don't like her at all on Bachelor Pad. It'd be a nightmare to be partners w/her.

Re: Chris, I don't really watch The Bachelorette anymore, but yeah, he does seem kinda scummy in Bachelor Pad. But then again, it seems to be part of his strategy. Some people do what they gotta do to win.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Pretty tough episode for Jamie to watch from home. Being humiliated like that is pretty awful. But in the end Chris was actually pissed Blakely stayed. So I'm not so sure why Jamie was so upset. It's not like she saw how it transpired.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:48 AM   #13
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Yeah, Jamie will probably be ever more mad at Chris after seeing the ep and how he totally used her and wasn't interested in her. Poor Jamie.

Jamie really liked Chris and she was just blindsided by Sarah spending the night w/Chris and having a great time. Jamie kept believing that Chris picked Sarah to go on the date to try to ease things over w/Blakely.

Blakely still sucks. I can't stand how she's she tries to control Chris.

Too bad Jamie lives on the other side of the country from me. She's quite hot, most of the time.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #14
tiams

Quote:
Pretty tough episode for Jamie to watch from home. Being humiliated like that is pretty awful. But in the end Chris was actually pissed Blakely stayed. So I'm not so sure why Jamie was so upset. It's not like she saw how it transpired.
God, poor stupid Jamie. I think she was so upset because she was so clueless about the reality of the situation. She really thought Chris was "protecting" her. I cringed every time she said something needy to him in bed like "do you really like me"? "Did you like me from the beginning"? She has some self-esteem or emotional problem of some kind. She was excited for him to come home from his date so she could tell him it was all clear for them to be together. Her behavior makes me think of the way a stalker would have a totally unrealistic fantasy that the relationship is two-way. Of course Chris isn't innocent though. He responded to her neediness by telling her what she wanted to hear instead of the truth and he spent a lot of time being physically intimate with her. You just can't do that to a woman.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #15
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Is there a reunion episode? Would love to see Chris get his from all the women.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #16
Sadara
huh?

There was nothing on one night and I caught the last episode. Wow.... talk about some serious drama. I was mesmerized!! lol

Chris is a snake... Jamie is stupid.... Blakely is crazy..... and I think I missed too much of the rest of the episodes to have any opinion about anyone else.

Good stuff, better than I thought it would be.
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #17
tiams

Quote:
Is there a reunion episode? Would love to see Chris get his from all the women.
The final episode brings everyone back to decide on the winners. So he should get it then.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:51 AM   #18
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadara View Post
There was nothing on one night and I caught the last episode. Wow.... talk about some serious drama. I was mesmerized!! lol

Chris is a snake... Jamie is stupid.... Blakely is crazy..... and I think I missed too much of the rest of the episodes to have any opinion about anyone else.

Good stuff, better than I thought it would be.
Yah. ABC sure knows how to cast them.

I wouldn't say that Jamie's stupid, but she was definitely gullible and Chris' behavior was just extremely shady. Jamie was just in lust over Chris and believed what she wanted to believe.

I'd imagine that Chris will end up being one of the most hated folks in Bachelor Pad history and will be harassed and taunted in public for years to come.

BTW, was Ed a crazy drunk in Jillian's season or is it just a Bachelor Pad thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
The final episode brings everyone back to decide on the winners. So he should get it then.
Yep.... unless he weasels out and doesn't show up.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #19
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

It was good to see Mike get the boot. He was getting a bit too cocky. It was a bit obvious that he and Erica were the ones who would be going home. I know that people can't stand Chris, but think about how boring the show would be without him. The show needs a villain-type.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #20
Jebberwocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb08 View Post
It was good to see Mike get the boot. He was getting a bit too cocky. It was a bit obvious that he and Erica were the ones who would be going home. I know that people can't stand Chris, but think about how boring the show would be without him. The show needs a villain-type.
yea, I've been avoiding the fact that Chris is a family friend because he is playing a totally different game on BP than he did before.

But I must say that his move lat night was brilliant - and I liked it that Mike gave him props for it.

I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #21
Shaunnick

I have been loving this season. I don't get the Chris hate. He is on there to have a good time and make some money. So what if some women get that hearts trampled? Did these ladies really think they would find true love on reality TV (a complaint I have about all the bachelor shows even though I watch them). What he did last night had my stomach aching from all the laughter. When he pulled aside Tony before Tony gave out the rose was something out of college football.

The other team's kicker is about to kick the game changing field goal and you...CALL TIMEOUT.

Total mind ****.

I think the twist on the lady deciding what guy goes home was all a setup to save Chris by the produces, but I don't mind. More Chris Madness! MOAR!
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #22
nmiller855

I'm tired of seeing Erica Rose on so many reality show. She is an embarrassment to the Houston area & Calon is the same for the Dallas area.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #23
Jebberwocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
I'm tired of seeing Erica Rose on so many reality show. She is an embarrassment to the Houston area & Calon is the same for the Dallas area.
me too and I've only seen her on two!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #24
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Chris was brilliant in bringing in Erica to the voting room, however I do wonder how much of this was "suggested" by the producers. It seems like the rules were changed to keep Chris in the house, not that I mind, he will cause drama and good TV.

S2 526 HR - Lifetime

Old 08-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #25
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Can't believe Mike lasted as long as he did. Didn't he win last year?!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:02 AM   #26
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Man... I thought this ep was going to be pretty ho hum. That sure changed near the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
Yeah, Erica sucks. I'm glad generally glad she's gone but she does provide some entertainment when she's on BP.

Those were pretty brutal things to say to Stagliano, on the way out. Ouch!

Kalon still sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einselen View Post
Chris was brilliant in bringing in Erica to the voting room, however I do wonder how much of this was "suggested" by the producers. It seems like the rules were changed to keep Chris in the house, not that I mind, he will cause drama and good TV.
Yeah, this is definitely a first. I wonder if more of this will happen in the future and whether it'll continue to be allowed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
I have been loving this season. I don't get the Chris hate. He is on there to have a good time and make some money. So what if some women get that hearts trampled? Did these ladies really think they would find true love on reality TV (a complaint I have about all the bachelor shows even though I watch them).
I do get the Chris hate. I don't like him for what he did to Jamie.

Heh, about the hearts getting trampled. Hmmm... I feel bad for Jaclyn too because of how she got blindsided by Ed.
Quote:
Can't believe Mike lasted as long as he did. Didn't he win last year?!
He did. But he claims that this time, he's on for the dating and not for the $.

Last edited by cwerdna : 08-22-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #27
tiams

That was a good episode! Chris is a total jerk but I didn't mind seeing him stay because he is good TV. And it's fun to see a total jerk get his in the end. Having a good time is fine, but purposefully leading on three different women and convincing them you have feelings for them just so you can sleep with them is

Speaking of good TV - Erica Rose!!! What's up with her gavel? I never saw whatever season she was on.

Poor little Michael. "This isn't going well. This isn't going well at all." At least he didn't try to lie to Erica when he got caught.

Hey Chris, when adult men start yelling "I'm a grown ass man!" they sound like children.

I knew the overnight date was going to be the Turtle Wax!!!!

The date in the middle of a closed down highway bridge was cool!!! It was like dinner after the apocalypse.

Chris pulling Tony outside just as he was about to give out the rose was a repeat move. He did the same thing to Emily when he was afraid she was going to make a decision he wouldn't like.

Chris Harrison asks in his blog:
If I’d told you before this season started that Kalon would be the good guy and Chris would be one of the most hated, would you have believed it?
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/08/21/ch...sode-5-blog-2/

I wish Rachel had decided to walk out with Michael so that Erica Rose would have stayed!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #28
mattack

Quote:
The date in the middle of a closed down highway bridge was cool!!! It was like dinner after the apocalypse.
What bridge was that? Was it the one Tony Scott jumped off of?

(come on, I'm not the only one to have thought of that?)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #29
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Speaking of good TV - Erica Rose!!! What's up with her gavel? I never saw whatever season she was on.
She had ambitions to become a judge. I think she did get her law degree. It's mentioned on her LinkedIn page and elsewhere.

She used the clear gavel before this season of BP, possibly the previous one.

She first was on Prince Lorenzo Borghese's season of The Bachelor and she really sucked on that season.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #30
tiams

I am amazed that she has a law degree.