TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-24-2010, 03:05 AM   #1
yunlin12
Tivonation Citizen

How do you enter symbol on the slide remote

I thought the "Sym" button on the QWERTY keyboard would allow you to enter symbols on the remote, but when I use that in Tivo Search, it turns the top rows into numbers 1-0, and the rest of the alphabets don't do anything if I click "Sym" button 1st. I was trying to look for "$..! My Dad Says". I can still find it using "Dad Says", just thought it's odd that Tivo won't allow search by symbols.

I also tried it in Wishlist, editing wishlist names, and in that menu the "Sym" key does not do anything. So I guess I can't use any symbols in wishlist names.

In the sign-in screen for Youtube however it works to enter an email address as my account name.
Tivo S3 750GB (decommissioned)
Tivo HD 750GB (adopted by parents)
Tivo Premiere
Tivo Premiere XL
yunlin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
tootal2

You need to hold down the sym button while pressing the symbols you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunlin12 View Post
I thought the "Sym" button on the QWERTY keyboard would allow you to enter symbols on the remote, but when I use that in Tivo Search, it turns the top rows into numbers 1-0, and the rest of the alphabets don't do anything if I click "Sym" button 1st. I was trying to look for "$..! My Dad Says". I can still find it using "Dad Says", just thought it's odd that Tivo won't allow search by symbols.

I also tried it in Wishlist, editing wishlist names, and in that menu the "Sym" key does not do anything. So I guess I can't use any symbols in wishlist names.

In the sign-in screen for Youtube however it works to enter an email address as my account name.

tootal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
Barnabus

SYM key on Slide Remote

Is the SYM (Symbol) key on Slide Remote supposed to work in the SEARCH field (I am trying to enter a Season Pass like Mike & Molly)? I have tried everything...holding SYM key down while pressing the key I want, replacing batteries, re-pairing remote.....nothing works. When I try it -it comes up with numbers and not symbols. Called TiVo and chatted with 2 TiVo tech's-all 3 did not know......any help here please???
Barnabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
aaronwt
HD Addict

Symbols don't work for me in the search menu. But symbols aren't needed for a text based title is it? I've never even needed to enter any symbols when searching for a title. This was the first time I ever tried a symbol in the search field.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote