Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #61
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
She works for Madrigal and she is the one that provided Gus with some of the chemicals he needed. She's afraid that with the DEA closing in, and her boss providing full cooperation, it's only a matter of time before they find out she is involved. So she decided to eliminate all possible ties.
She should have hired a Terminator.

I thought the opening scene was torture.

Walt is creepy as hell towards Skylar. I almost like her now.

Hail Hydra!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #62
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
Did Aaron Paul do an amazing job after emptying the Rumba or what? Not to mention, he's sounding a lot less like the doofusy kid, the opening phone call barely sounded like Jesse at all.
Aaron Paul slayed me right there. That was some of his best acting to date in just that one scene. I'm now more convinced than ever that this show needs to end with Jesse putting a bullet in Walt's head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
And was it just me, or when the guy (I think it was Hank's boss) was talking about Gus doing all he was doing and nobody noticing what was right in front of them, it sure looked like Hank was replacing "Gus" with "Walt" in that scenario and starting to look at things differently.
YES! The camera zoomed right in on his face. I'm sure it's at least crossed his mind at this point. How could it not? Even if he doesn't want to believe it. The signs are all there if he really looks. The change in Walt is palpable.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #63
ElJay

The automatic flush as the guy fell off the toilet really had me laughing.
ElJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #64
DeDondeEs

After watching the episode, I now have a hankerin' for Franch dressing.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:43 AM   #65
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Hey, AMC, drumming into your audience WHO IS WATCHING that they can't watch AMC on Dish makes as much sense as the MPAA telling the captive audience who bought movie tickets not to steal the movie.

Get it? Dish subscribers who can't get AMC aren't going to see your message that they can't watch AMC.
There's still benefit to AMC to discourage anyone who may be considering switching from their current provider to Dish Network.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:15 AM   #66
BitbyBlit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
And was it just me, or when the guy (I think it was Hank's boss) was talking about Gus doing all he was doing and nobody noticing what was right in front of them, it sure looked like Hank was replacing "Gus" with "Walt" in that scenario and starting to look at things differently.
I actually had just the opposite impression, that Hank had no clue. I thought that scene was more a nod to the viewers than an indicator of Hank's thought process. They were showing us Hank listening to his boss (or I guess ex-boss) describe exactly the situation he was in without him even realizing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseAndSquirrel View Post
Yep. OMFG.

I loved that scene. The Germans, the sauces, the red toilet on auto flush.

Wow, what a PITA these threads are becoming.

I knew Walt wouldn't throw away the Ricin. I wonder how and when that's going to come back.
I thought it was a great scene too, but I'm not sure what you mean by "are becoming". There was a discussion last year about how realistic the IRS investigation was, and for that plot point I was actually one of the defenders. But these types of discussions are nothing new.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #67
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrouteone View Post
... One thing I did not like was the suicide by AED scene.
AED = Auto-Erotic Defibrillator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
Did Aaron Paul do an amazing job after emptying the Rumba or what? Not to mention, he's sounding a lot less like the doofusy kid, the opening phone call barely sounded like Jesse at all.
Jesse has been clean & sober for a while now, and has grown/evolved through his intense life experiences since working with Mr. White. That would explain his different sound.

Quote:
Walt played that off really well. He spent the whole day turning the place upside down with Jesse, acting like he was truly helping to find the cigarette. And then at the end of the day, just in passing, he says, "What the hell is that thing?" as if he has no idea what it is. The way he did that it gave Jesse no way to question whether Walt planted it there.
Thanks for explaining the obvious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:47 AM   #68
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal

Jesse has been clean & sober for a while now, and has grown/evolved through his intense life experiences since working with Mr. White. That would explain his different sound.
True and his house is now neat enough that he can use a Roomba. Except for the stray pair of panties, it is immaculate.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #69
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I just loved that he had a Roomba. I wonder if he has visited that thread here on TCF and UMF'd

betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #70
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Since I just started watching BB a month ago, many of the scenes are fresh in my mind. The scene at the end with Skyler is a callback to a scene very early in season 1 (also the last scene in an episode) where Walt gets frisky with her in exactly the same position and she responds with excitement and one of those "wow, where did this come from, take me you big strong man" kind of reaction.

I thought it was an excellent callback to show how much things have changed.

The scene with Hank, Steve (?), and their boss is really what is so great about this show. It's slow paced, almost relaxed, and simply brilliantly human.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #71
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I just loved that he had a Roomba. I wonder if he has visited that thread here on TCF and UMF'd
We actually saw that roomba before, sometime early last season.
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #72
johnmoorejohn

I hate to be one of 'those' over analyzers, and not that it really matters, but I thought most encryption methods could be broken, given enough time.

Also, does anyone find it odd that Hank seemed so 'on to' mike. Yet no one is following him around?
johnmoorejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #73
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmoorejohn
Also, does anyone find it odd that Hank seemed so 'on to' mike. Yet no one is following him around?
I thought about that. The same for Jessie. They all meet up so casually and Hank doesn't appear to know.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #74
johnmoorejohn

Also, due to my poor memory, I do not know the full state of Walt and Sky's relationship right now.

Can someone do a quick recap? Whom should be angry at whom? Who owes the other anything? Who was the last to wrong the other? Why are they able to even be in the same bed?
Old 07-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #75
johnmoorejohn

Also, I love the 'nod' to ketchup, and how it is time tested, and always sufficient.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #76
SeanC
ECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmoorejohn View Post
I hate to be one of 'those' over analyzers, and not that it really matters, but I thought most encryption methods could be broken, given enough time.
It depends on how it was encrypted, and how much processing power you are going to throw at cracking it.

I'm not that up to date on encryption myself, but I believe that it is pretty easy for the layman to have his HDD encrypted so that even if the NSA wanted to crack it it would take years, and maybe many many years.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #77
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Given enough time, sure. But there are some encryption methods that, given current computer processing power, would take longer than the anticipated age of the universe to decrypt.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #78
mooseAndSquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
I thought about that. The same for Jessie. They all meet up so casually and Hank doesn't appear to know.
Same with the phone calls. But it appears to be hubris.

I liked Mike's use of his granddaughter's toy.
mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #79
johnmoorejohn

I thought mike would shoot the guy's eye out through the peep hole.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #80
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
She should have hired a Terminator.
She could get in touch with Michael Westen (Burn Notice), I believe he knows one.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #81
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
I'm now more convinced than ever that this show needs to end with Jesse putting a bullet in Walt's head.
And a few minutes later, someone comes up behind Jesse and drags a knife across the front of his throat, blood spurting everywhere. Turns out to be one of the people from Jesse's addict group that Jesse sold drugs to.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #82
tiams

Burger Matic is a reference to Home Fries, a Vince Gilligan movie.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #83
Gerryex

I missed the part where it was revealed that the laptop was encrypted. Was the HDD taken out of the laptop and analyzed? Could someone remind me where and how it was stated that the laptop was encrypted.

Thanks,
Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #84
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

Hank mentioned it in a conversation with the other DEA guys, fairly early in the episode. I think he said that sabotaging the laptop didn't do anyone any good, since the hard drive was encrypted and he thought they'd never break it.
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #85
Dawghows

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Jesse has been clean & sober for a while now, and has grown/evolved through his intense life experiences since working with Mr. White.
I absolutely LOVE that after everything they've been through together, Jesse still always addresses Walt as "Mr. White."
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #86
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
... does anyone find it odd that Hank seemed so 'on to' mike. Yet no one is following him around?
I see that as Hank's police interviewing style. He acts quiet and casual at first in order to disarm the interviewee, and then when their guard is down (or up), he pulls a Columbo and throws in some crucial fact that throws them. He could be faking some of it, but there's a basis in facts he's uncovered.

I really like Hank. I don't think he's considering Walt at all, at this point, but he'll put one and one together eventually.

I foresee the final scene of BB to be Hank having cracked the Heisenberg case and taking Walt into custody.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #87
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhenry View Post
Hank mentioned it in a conversation with the other DEA guys, fairly early in the episode. I think he said that sabotaging the laptop didn't do anyone any good, since the hard drive was encrypted and he thought they'd never break it.
THANKS!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #88
tgrim1

Quote:
She works for Madrigal and she is the one that provided Gus with some of the chemicals he needed. She's afraid that with the DEA closing in, and her boss providing full cooperation, it's only a matter of time before they find out she is involved. So she decided to eliminate all possible ties. First, she tried to get Mike to do it, and then when he wouldn't, she hired someone else. And there's no doubt that when Mike or Chris were finished with the list, she would have hired someone else to take them out, thus eliminating everyone from the list.

Unfortunately, she didn't count on a) the DEA being able to trace the money trail so quickly, and b) Mike being such a badass.

Yes, the camera zoomed in on Hank and we're supposed to think that Hank is starting to realize that Heisenberg could be anyone, even people close to him. It's only a matter of time before Hank figures it out. I think we all knew that's where things were headed.
Quote:

I think that statement by Hank that he took a peek was to hint to us that he seen some of the videos.
tgrim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #89
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrim1 View Post
I think that statement by Hank that he took a peek was to hint to us that he seen some of the videos.
No. He said he got his hands on it before ABQ PD and it was all encrypted so there was nothing they could get off it.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #90
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrim1 View Post
I seriously doubt that. If there were videos on that laptop, it sure as hell wouldn't have been left in the evidence room. Hank said something like "before APD got the laptop at Fring's place, I took a peek, and it was all encrypted, so it's not like we would have gotten anything off of it anyway".

No way he saw any video. It's not like he's Dexter saving it for his own personal vigilante justice. If he saw any video, he would have arrested Walt, Jesse, and/or Mike immediately.

Try my new
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote