TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
abefroman

Does ESPN-3d work with Tivo (Comcast)?

Does ESPN-3d work with Tivo (Comcast)?Does ESPN-3d work with Tivo (Comcast)?

I called them and they said the 3d channels won't work with a Cable Card, however the guy didn't exactly seem like he was Albert Einstein either.

Can anyone confirm or deny if it will work? Specifically with Comcast as my cable provider.
abefroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
t1voproof

Yes, they do work. I had to call a couple times to get someone who understood. Tell them you need the "3D Technology Fee." There is no additional charge for it. I believe you need Digital Starter or higher.
t1voproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
jrm01

It does work, but I wouldn't call Comcast for any "Fee". You do need to ask them to activate 3D however.

It may have been Albert Einstein, remember he once said "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.".
jrm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
SQUIDWARD360

It's pointless to call Comcast unless you have a lot of patience. I do not. I was able to receive Xfinity 3d on the Tivo and ESPN3d on a Comcast box. Then I moved within the same county. I still receive Xfinity3d on the Tivo but ESPN3d no where. I tried calling and then they told me 3d is not available where I live. I told them I already had Xfinity 3d. Then they said I would need to pay an activation fee. I refused. So then they went through the usual and magical signal sending that does nothing. Their only solution was to send a technician. I'm not taking a day off for something they can fix over the phone. The only thing a technician does is call back into their technical support and they fix it over the phone. So I just gave up.
SQUIDWARD360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm01 View Post
It may have been Albert Einstein, remember he once said "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.".
Sounds apocryphal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
awsnyde

"Sounds apocryphal."

Not only does it sound apocryphal (one of my favorite words), it sounds like exactly the opposite of something Einstein would have said, unless it's being quoted out-of-context where the in-context quote means something entirely different than a simple reading would indicate.

"...I wouldn't call Comcast for any 'Fee'."

LOL
awsnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
styre

Guess I got lucky. It only took one call. The CSR did say they do not get too many calls for it. There should be no activation fee.
styre is offline   Reply With Quote