TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
Dnamertz

Big Brother - ep04 - 7/19/2012

Wow, Willie sure seems to be in a bad spot for something he didn't even do. He wasn't mocking Will but now he is probably in the hot seat. This is a good example of how spreading rumors can turn nasty.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:22 AM   #2
jcondon

Except he did mock him.

I wonder if that was totally scripted. Similar story line in Glass house.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

LOL, it was not scripted.

But clearly Willie should have gotten rid of Carrotop when he could. He's the bigger threat. Bad game play.

And that's a pretty lame coach's twist.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #4
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Looks like Willie's inner Hantz showed up.

Think there's any validity to the coaches coming back as full players in the game? I'm hoping not. What an unfair advantage they would have being ineligible to be voted off directly until that would be implemented.

I also wonder if this new twist is designed to help Dan.

I'm liking this season so far.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #5
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I am not sure I understand how this twist is supposed to work. Do coaches have to agree to trade a player with each other?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
nyny523
Oy

I like the way they set this season up with the coaches. It makes it more difficult to decide who you want to root for.

For example, I really like Frank, but I hate Boogie.

What to do!?!?!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #7
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I am not sure I understand how this twist is supposed to work. Do coaches have to agree to trade a player with each other?
I imagine this will be a forced trade. So if Dan wins and he wants Frank, he gets Frank and Boogie would get whoever Dan gives him (well in his case there's only one houseguest).
Old 07-20-2012, 07:02 AM   #8
Byteofram
Survivor of C-bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I imagine this will be a forced trade. So if Dan wins and he wants Frank, he gets Frank and Boogie would get whoever Dan gives him (well in his case there's only one houseguest).
This is how I took it as well, except Frank isn't eligible.
Byteofram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #9
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondon View Post
Except he did mock him.
I think Willie is getting a bad rap. I didn't see anything anti-gay in what he did. He was quoting something Wil said and spoke in a voice that indeed sounded much like Wil's. People do impressions of other people when they repeat things they said all the time. That is the way Wil sounds after all. Frank blew it all out of proportion. And notice frank didn't object to it at the time Willie said it.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byteofram View Post
This is how I took it as well, except Frank isn't eligible.
Yeah, I know, it was the only houseguest name I could remember!!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #11
tiams

When Boogie exclaimed "Chilltown North" I gagged.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #12
jcondon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I think Willie is getting a bad rap. I didn't see anything anti-gay in what he did. He was quoting something Wil said and spoke in a voice that indeed sounded much like Wil's. People do impressions of other people when they repeat things they said all the time. That is the way Wil sounds after all. Frank blew it all out of proportion. And notice frank didn't object to it at the time Willie said it.
Frank did seem to have an expression when it happened. Like WTF. Perhaps Willie meant nothing by it. It's all part of the game. He mocked the guy and some believe it was because he was gay. Maybe it wasn't.

Willie does seem like he is playing weeks and weeks in advance and has a deal with everyone. He had a deal with Frank yet he put Frank up. He was telling some people to vote for Frank and some to vote against.

Wasn't Willie (and Britney) a bit over the top watching Ian on the HH TV and making fun of how weird he was acting?

I think he came on way to strong for week one. Perhaps he can turn it around and keep from going home next week. If not I think he brought it on himself and he seems like a bit of a tool.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #13
Dnamertz

Quote:
Except he did mock him.
Except he did not mock him. As tiams said, he was quoting him and in doing so he said what Will said in Will's voice...people do that all the time and it's not mocking or making fun of. If he was quoting a woman, he might have done it in a higher pitched voice...if he was quoting a man with a deep voice, he would have made his voice lower. It was not anti-Will (other than the fact that he did not like that Will wanted to take a 24 hour break) and it was not anti-gay.

Frank either doesn't comprehend what mocking is...or he intentionally smeared Willie's name to save himself, which is dirty.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #14
Jebberwocky!

How did I miss the twist??
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #15
jcondon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
Except he did not mock him. As tiams said, he was quoting him and in doing so he said what Will said in Will's voice..
Which is exactly what mocking means. He did it he got called out on it now he has to deal with it. Perhaps he meant no harm or offense. Wil took it as an offense.

Call it whatever you want Frank explained what Wille did. Wil took offense to it. Again all part of the game. Just as is making deals and stabbing people in the back.

http://dictionary.reference.com/brow...ng?s=t&ld=1087
Old 07-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #16
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebberwocky! View Post
How did I miss the twist??
It was right at the end, in the final segment after the HoH was decided and Julie went back to talk with the houseguests. Basically the winner of the coach's competition this week can either save one of their teammates or swap one of their team members for somebody else's.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #17
Jebberwocky!

Thanks.
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
andyw715

I thought Franks whole "Bully" argument was pretty band-wagon.
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #19
Dnamertz

Quote:
Which is exactly what mocking means.
No, that is exactly what "mimic" means. To mock means "To treat with contempt or ridicule". He did not appear to be doing it as a way to put Wil down, except to put down the comment itself.
Quote:
He did it he got called out on it now he has to deal with it. Perhaps he meant no harm or offense. Wil took it as an offense.

Call it whatever you want Frank explained what Wille did. Wil took offense to it.
As you said, if "he meant no harm or offense", then it can't be mocking. How can he be "called out" for something if he "meant no harm or offense"?

Wil didn't take offense to the comment, he took offesne to Frank's version of the comment...because it was described to Wil as being "mocked". He heard this 2nd or 3rd hand, he did not hear the comment itself...he only heard what Frank explained to him, and Frank painted it in a negative light.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #20
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

I think what Willie was making fun of was Wil's saying that he wasn't going to talk game for 24 hours. At the time, I thought that was a peculiar thing to say, seeing how that is all there is to do in the house besides eating and hanging around.

Frank is irked that Willie is being so two faced about nominating him.
I'm not going to put you up / puts Frank up
I am doing everything I can to get you the votes / splitting the votes

Frank knew that Willie was a hothead and pushed a few buttons. Then he tried to sit back and watch Willie self destruct. Of course he couldn't help but to yell a few things back, but other than that it was well played.

WTF was Britney thinking sharing her Coach theory with Willie. I suppose she was needing to talk to someone and Janelle was getting too buddy buddy with Dan, but why pick Willie.

I liked seeing the live Tweets at the bottom of the screen going into commercials.

Was the playmate who was on the block actually in the magazine?
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #21
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
WTF was Britney thinking sharing her Coach theory with Willie. I suppose she was needing to talk to someone and Janelle was getting too buddy buddy with Dan, but why pick Willie.

I liked seeing the live Tweets at the bottom of the screen going into commercials.

Was the playmate who was on the block actually in the magazine?
Brit thinks people actually listen to her thus her shock when she told Willie not to say anything about it and he did anyway.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #22
jcondon

Quote:
No, that is exactly what "mimic" means. To mock means "To treat with contempt or ridicule". He did not appear to be doing it as a way to put Wil down, except to put down the comment itself.

As you said, if "he meant no harm or offense", then it can't be mocking. How can he be "called out" for something if he "meant no harm or offense"?

Wil didn't take offense to the comment, he took offesne to Frank's version of the comment...because it was described to Wil as being "mocked". He heard this 2nd or 3rd hand, he did not hear the comment itself...he only heard what Frank explained to him, and Frank painted it in a negative light.
Read one line further down on the page I linked.

Regardless of what you want to call what he did he did it. And Frank did seem to react to it when Willie said it. It is hard to know exactly what someone intent is with comments or actions like that. Especially someone you barely know who lied to you 2 or 3 times in span of a week. And yes lying is part of the game but when you don't trust someone and they screw you over it makes it even harder to trust them or give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #23
Dnamertz

Quote:
Read one line further down on the page I linked.
OK, so there is a 3rd or 4th version of the definition that means "to imitate speech". We all know that the common usage of "mock" has a negative connotation. Shown by the fact that when Wil was told he was "mocked", he said "no one is going to make fun of me". You are right, no one except Willie knows whether he intented to make fun of him, but it's pretty clear that he wasn't talking like Wil to poke fun at him or put him down. Maybe Frank just misread the situation.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #24
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yes, I think Frank overreacted to Willie's imitation of Wil and his vote splitting strategy.
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #25
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLC View Post
Yes, I think Frank overreacted to Willie's imitation of Wil and his vote splitting strategy.
I'm in the camp that thinks that Willie was mocking Wil. I don't think Frank overreacted. He didn't flip out, he just told somebody else.

I give credit to the editors for probably making this a bigger deal than what it was inside the house.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #26
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Frank implied Willie had homophobic intent. Wil ran with it and played the victim. All the emotions are entwined with gameplay, so there was some overreacting.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #27
stellie93

Quote:

Frank either doesn't comprehend what mocking is...or he intentionally smeared Willie's name to save himself, which is dirty.
Maybe I'm remembering wrong....I thought that Frank wasn't actually there when Willie made the remark. Is it Joe--the cook, I think--who heard it and ran and told Frank, thinking he could use it to his advantage. Which he did.
So Frank was taking the other guys word for how "mocking" it was. Or maybe I have it wrong.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #28
jcondon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Maybe I'm remembering wrong....I thought that Frank wasn't actually there when Willie made the remark. Is it Joe--the cook, I think--who heard it and ran and told Frank, thinking he could use it to his advantage. Which he did.
Frank and Britney were there. Frank told Jenn and Joe first. Frank said Willie mocked his voice or a gay voice. And that he (Joe) might want to tell Wil. So Joe told Wil.

Just rewatched that part.

Anyway it will be interesting to see if Willie survives the week.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #29
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
I'm in the camp that thinks that Willie was mocking Wil.
In what way do you think Willie was trying to criticize the way Wil talks?
Old 07-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #30
verdugan

Quote:
In what way do you think Willie was trying to criticize the way Wil talks?
I didn't say criticize, I said mock. I don't think he criticized it.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote