TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-11-2012, 04:02 AM   #1
Warren
Wild Hair

HDMI stops working

I got my refub TiVo Premiere today. I hooked it up with an HDMI cable I already had hooked up on the tv. As the unit is booting up the "Please Wait" and "Almost There" screens show. But when it changes after that my TV just says "Invalid format".

I don't have a real HD signal going to the tivo. I have a HD antenna but its really weak.

Is this a problem with the TV a setting I can change on it or is this a problem with the HDMI output
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
bshrock

The DVR is probably set to a resolution you TV can not display. There is a button on the front of the Premiere that controls the output format press it to cycle through the formats.

See Setting the video output format on a TiVo Series3 or Premiere box at TiVo.com

Or the DVR may just be going into standby. press Live TV or TiVo on the remote.
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
Warren
Wild Hair

Well i changed the HDMI cable by just switching what was plugged in to what. I also changed it so that I could have the HD menus even If i don't have a HD source. I also selected all the viewing types (480i and 720p etc) SO the new tivo is now plugged up to a HDMI and it's working.

Now the problem I am having is getting the two tivos to talk to each other.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Now the problem I am having is getting the two tivos to talk to each other.
What is the other Tivo? By "talking together" I assume you mean seeing each other in the "Now Playing" list. You need to go to Tivo.com and make sure that the little boxes are checked next to each Tivo. If you have changed the TIvo name, then it needs to be restarted to get the name communicated to the network. That's after the Tivo has been forced to do a daily call to get its new name. Restart both boxes separately and see if that helps. You can also run something like Tivo Dektop, kmttg, or pyTivo to see if they can see both Tivos on the network.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
Warren
Wild Hair

I had it working yesterday before I went to bed. But now half a day later it stopped working. I have checked all the boxes on tivo.com and I named them Old Tivo and New Tivo. the old one shows the name for the new tivo but the new one still shows dvr-xxx for the old one. I am having trouble getting the old on to connect to the internet now. DCHP server problem.

Last edited by Warren : 07-12-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I had it working yesterday before I went to bed. But now half a day later it stopped working. I have checked all the boxes on tivo.com and I named them Old Tivo and New Tivo. the old one shows the name for the new tivo but the new one still shows dvr-xxx for the old one. I am having trouble getting the old on to connect to the internet now. DCHP server problem.
Some Tivos don't like to use DHCP. Try putting in a fixed IP address.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:28 AM   #7
Warren
Wild Hair

I don't know I woke up tonight and it's working again.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #8
dlfl
Cranky old novice

I've heard of power-cycling devices to solve problems but in your case it looks like "sleep cyclling" the operator does the trick.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
bshrock

I have solved many problems while in sleep mode. That is what told my X-Boss... He did not buy it <grin>.
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote