TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
NatasNJ
Bone marrow lover!

Breaking Bad back in JULY for Season 5!

Don't have the article link but it was announced. Seems so close.
NatasNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
WhiskeyTango

This is the last season right?
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

I believe it is, yes.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Be assured that while it's the 5th season, there'll be a giant 8 month break in the middle.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
Don't have the article link but it was announced. Seems so close.
YAY! So thrilled for this to get back on my TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
Be assured that while it's the 5th season, there'll be a giant 8 month break in the middle.
Yeah with the extended season order to 16 episodes, they will definitely be doing this. It's not been officially announced but they practically said as much during the Paleyfest panel.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Posted 40 minutes ago:

Aaron Paul on 'Breaking Bad's' July return: 'wear your diapers'

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
Old 03-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #7
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

I follow Aaron on Twitter and he's been pretty vocal about stuff.

Aaron Paul ‏ @aaronpaul_8
Just read the first episode of breaking bad S5 and words can not express. **** is about to get crazy. Get ready my friends. Love you Vince!

The teaser alone in episode 1 S5 will have you screaming more then when someone got blown up last season.

Breaking Bad will return to your Television sometime in July. Make sure u wear your diapers because I'm pretty sure u will **** yourself.

http://twitter.com/#!/aaronpaul_8
Old 03-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #8
Hank
AC•FTW

Spoilerized to keep the Spoiler Nazis happy.. Like who would be reading this thread who hasn't already seen all of season 4?

Spoiler:
Maybe Gus isn't really dead?

Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #9
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Spoilerized to keep the Spoiler Nazis happy.. Like who would be reading this thread who hasn't already seen all of season 4?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
That's gonna leave a mark.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
Old 03-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #10
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
No way. These writers are far too awesome to pull a lame stunt like that!

Old 03-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #11
Hank
AC•FTW

Oh, I know.. I was really just joking around. The Vince Gilligan has confirmed, in fact, that "Paul is dead".
Old 03-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
danterner
Not it!

It's only a flesh wound...

I will make a wild speculative guess for the "teaser that have us screaming" (not spoilerizing, because I'm just guessing):

Members of Walt's family will die a violent death. Not sure who will go first. Maybe more than one person. But I'm pretty sure that by the end of the season most of his family, if not all, will be dead.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:

Last edited by danterner : 03-20-2012 at 03:16 PM.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #13
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post

I will make a wild speculative guess for the "teaser that have us screaming" (not spoilerizing, because I'm just guessing):

Members of Walt's family will die a violent death. Not sure who will go first. Maybe more than one person. But I'm pretty sure that by the end of the season most of his family, if not all, will be dead.
Well if the teaser is kind of like the ending of the show like they did with the plane crash thing.. then it very well could be something like that.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #14
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post

Greg
I'm pretty sure this is correct. We'll likely get 8 episodes this summer, and then 8 more episodes sometime in 2013.

In fact, Bryan Cranston was on Adam Carolla's podcast recently and said that he expected production to wrap in March 2013. If that's correct, then there's no way they're going to air all 16 episodes uninterrupted starting this July.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #15
NatasNJ
Bone marrow lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post

So you think a TEASER for the next season is going to show Walt's family die? So much for a teaser.

My prediction is a a bunch of cops, and action going on with the end result of the teaser HANK facing off with Walt as the BIG reveal of Heisenberg....

Seriously though as cool as that would be I would much rather be surprised and not know much of anything. Can't wait.
NatasNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #16
Fleegle
Chef-In-Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
So you think a TEASER for the next season is going to show Walt's family die? So much for a teaser.

My prediction is a a bunch of cops, and action going on with the end result of the teaser HANK facing off with Walt as the BIG reveal of Heisenberg....

Seriously though as cool as that would be I would much rather be surprised and not know much of anything. Can't wait.
By "Teaser", I think he means the very beginning of the episode, before the opening credits. He doesn't mean a teaser trailer for the whole season.
Fleegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #17
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleegle View Post
By "Teaser", I think he means the very beginning of the episode, before the opening credits. He doesn't mean a teaser trailer for the whole season.
Right, I mean the pre-credit scene before Episode 1 of the next season, which is what I think Aaron Paul was referring to as well.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #18
aRKade

I might as well pick up a case of adult diapers on my way home. I am practically peeing myself with excitement about Game of Thrones. Looks like it could time out that this season of GoT ends just before Breaking Bad starts up again. These next few months are gonna be awesome. God I love quality TV shows.
aRKade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #19
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRKade View Post
I might as well pick up a case of adult diapers on my way home. I am practically peeing myself with excitement about Game of Thrones. Looks like it could time out that this season of GoT ends just before Breaking Bad starts up again. These next few months are gonna be awesome. God I love quality TV shows.
This, this and this.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #20
Hank
AC•FTW

Found this pic on the AMC website.. (not a spoiler for Season 5 -- may be a spoiler for Season 4):

Spoiler:

Old 03-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #21
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

That's awesome. Thanks for posting, Hank.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #22
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Season 5 Promo/Cast pics

http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/br...ad/Season%205/
Old 06-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #23
steverm2

Quote:

Spoiler:
Me
steverm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #24
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I just began re-watching S4 (first time in HD!...wowza). S4 sure started out with a
Spoiler:
BANG

Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:46 AM   #25
marksman
ID-10-T

Looking forward to this.

This is a show that has maintained an amazing level it's whole run.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #26
Hank
AC•FTW

With the long wait for S5, and all the hype, and the absolute perfection of seasons 1 thru 4, I really hoping S5 doesn't fall flat. It really has A LOT to live up to... S4 is a really hard act to follow. It's really too bad that S5 is the last season. 16 episodes (over two years) isn't that much time to develop and explore the same kind of depth that S1-S4 had.

But I really hope I'm wrong.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #27
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
It really has A LOT to live up to... S4 is a really hard act to follow.
I think these were my exact words after season 3 and they managed to continue surprising and shocking me so I am no longer worried.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #28
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
I think these were my exact words after season 3 and they managed to continue surprising and shocking me so I am no longer worried.
Sure, but this is very different...

(Major S4 spoilers below):

(you have been warned, in case you're reading this in an email that doesn't hide spoilerized text... stop reading now!)

(Ok, don't say I didn't warn you.)

Spoiler:

With Gus dead and the superlab destroyed, and the Whites almost out of money, all they have is the car wash. Sure, Mike is a wildcard, and who knows, maybe Gus built a backup superlab that Mike's going to run now (were Gus and Mike lovers??)... but anyway, S3 left alot on the table to jumpstart S4. Now, it's kinda back to square 1. It's going to take time to get the meth production back up again (unless they use the Mexico lab) or build a new lab under the car wash. I was guessing that they take their skills and connections and do something different, like counterfeiting. Whatever happens, it's going to take time (episodes) to establish an entirely new setting/business/situation. And their time is very short.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #29
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Sure, but this is very different...
Don't see how it's "very different"....we've had MAJOR changes each season...nothing much less dramatic than what happened at the end of S4. I'm with photoshopgrl....NOT worried. It'll be fantastic.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #30
Hank
AC•FTW

I've really annoyed my g/f... we love BB as much as everyone else, and can't wait for S5.. but it starts on Sunday, July 15th -- when I'll be away at a conference... I'm making her wait to watch it until I get back on Tuesday. I'm not sure if she will wait that long!