TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
tiams

The Glass House S1E3 OAD 7/2/12

Glad no-strategy guy is gone. I really hope the Crazy woman(Robin?) comes back from limbo.

I'm pro-gay marriage but I resent Jeffrey wanting to make America's vote on a mindless, purely for entertainment, reality show into a referendum on a political/social/religious issue.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
jcondon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Glad no-strategy guy is gone. I really hope the Crazy woman(Robin?) comes back from limbo.

I'm pro-gay marriage but I resent Jeffrey wanting to make America's vote on a mindless, purely for entertainment, reality show into a referendum on a political/social/religious issue.
I said the same thing last night when watching the show. I would have probably voted the woman out he was fighting with. Till he made it a political.

I hope he goes soon too.

I dislike Robin and blonde that are both in limbo so which ever goes is fine with me.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
Shaunnick

I'm done.

I wanted to like the show, and I made it through the first two episodes with some interest, but I could not focus on it at all last night and by the time the episode was over I could not remember anything happening other than the political fight.

Sadly, I didn't care I could not remember.

Big Brother starts next week, so I think I will be fine. Good luck to those still watching this show.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I think the show really needs more air time to be more interesting. It seemed like everything was rushed. They didn't even show what the choices were for some of the items in the competition. It just felt like they were trying to cram too much stuff into the show.

Also with showing so little of it on TV and online, the show is really susceptible to "manipulation" by the editors. A single comment edited into the show's hour could drastically change viewers votes.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
jcondon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
I'm done.
Since it is summer and there isn't much on we are hanging in there for now. Certainly looking forward to BB though.

But if this show were to be canceled after this season we wouldn't miss it.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

I really like Erica's boobs.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
justen_m

Vote for me, because of my sexual orientation, and vote her out, because of her religion.

Jewish circuit going to explode!!!!!!
justen_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:09 AM   #8
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Hmmm... I was going to ask whether this ep was worth watching as I missed it. I forgot that I hadn't seen a season pass for this show.

I only realized after watching my recording of the Bachelorette.
cwerdna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #9
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by justen_m View Post
Vote for me, because of my sexual orientation, and vote her out, because of her religion.

Jewish circuit going to explode!!!!!!
Yeah, this episode annoyed me. I kind of liked Jeffrey until this episode, now I despise him. I'm generally pro gay-marriage but I don't think this should have anything to do with this show. I mean which is worse, his disrespect of her religious beliefs or her disrespect of his right to decide on his own sexual orientation. Equal in my book. The fact HE made it such a big issue is what annoyed me. While I disagree with her beliefs, at least she wasn't shoving them down anyone's throat.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Yeah, this episode annoyed me. I kind of liked Jeffrey until this episode, now I despise him. I'm generally pro gay-marriage but I don't think this should have anything to do with this show. I mean which is worse, his disrespect of her religious beliefs or her disrespect of his right to decide on his own sexual orientation. Equal in my book. The fact HE made it such a big issue is what annoyed me. While I disagree with her beliefs, at least she wasn't shoving them down anyone's throat.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #11
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
Also with showing so little of it on TV and online, the show is really susceptible to "manipulation" by the editors. A single comment edited into the show's hour could drastically change viewers votes.
There is no way any America's vote could be fair because of the edit. I often ff through BB after dark each day and am amazed how often "mortal show edit enemies" are often chatting it up like the best of friends in the real time version. A 15 minute disagreement with the proper edit can be made into a much bigger deal than it was.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #12
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I mean which is worse, his disrespect of her religious beliefs or her disrespect of his right to decide on his own sexual orientation.
Did you mistype? You realize being gay isn't a choice, right?
Old 07-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #13
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones1023 View Post
Did you mistype? You realize being gay isn't a choice, right?
In her mind it is. So if that's how she's looking at it, it's no different than his religious intolerance toward her.

And yes, I know it's not a choice.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #14
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Well I'm going to Godwin this episode thread. Jeffery was being a downright Nazi on this subject. "You vill agree wis me on Gay Marriage or der vill be consequences!"
Old 07-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #15
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
I think the show really needs more air time to be more interesting. It seemed like everything was rushed.
This! I feel I am missing so much but watching line is not an option because last I checked it is all at random times, plus I watch and listen to most of my entertainment (even morning radio) time shifted or On Demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dancing View Post
There is no way any America's vote could be fair because of the edit.
This is true too. I could already see how the producers are editing people certain ways to try to influence America and it is probably working.

S2 526 HR - Lifetime
Premiere XL4 300 HR - Lifetime

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #16
tiams

It said on the website that America's vote only helps determine who gets voted off. So really votes mean nothing and the producers pick who they want.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #17
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
It said on the website that America's vote only helps determine who gets voted off. So really votes mean nothing and the producers pick who they want.
They use the votes to indicate who will make the ratings better, that's it. Very very sad.

I couldn't believe what a Nazi Jeffrey became... she's right that they have to agree to disagree. She was very honest about how she felt, how she voted, etc, and didn't appear to be making a big deal out of it. He's a funny guy but needs to go.

I agree that the show feels rushed. We don't get to see a lot of the "America decides" things. The only one we saw this week was the mittens, and that was because of the killing flies BS. I think the show is content to do 10 things and show us the one that is "interesting".

Come join us <dates TBD>!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #18
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
I couldn't believe what a Nazi Jeffrey became... she's right that they have to agree to disagree. She was very honest about how she felt, how she voted, etc, and didn't appear to be making a big deal out of it. He's a funny guy but needs to go.
I disagree with you. While Jeffrey should've been more calm/phrased things better, I agree with him that there's no "agree to disagree."

I bet a lot of people in the 60's used to say "let's agree to disagree" about civil rights for blacks.

But enough about politics. Back to the episode:

Whoa, that lady (Robin?) is crazy! What was up with the phrases whe wrote on the inside of the pockets of her jeans? And all that cleaning?
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #19
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
Whoa, that lady (Robin?) is crazy! What was up with the phrases whe wrote on the inside of the pockets of her jeans? And all that cleaning?
I think you answered your own question.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #20
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
I think you answered your own question.
Part of me hopes she comes back just to see what else she does.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #21
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post

I disagree with you. While Jeffrey should've been more calm/phrased things better, I agree with him that there's no "agree to disagree."

I bet a lot of people in the 60's used to say "let's agree to disagree" about civil rights for blacks.

But enough about politics. Back to the episode:

Hmmmm... so there's no "you have your beliefs, I have mine, and neither of us will change our mind"? Isn't that what "agree to disagree" means?

And how does politics get wrapped up in this? It has nothing to do with politics.

Come join us <dates TBD>!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #22
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
Hmmmm... so there's no "you have your beliefs, I have mine, and neither of us will change our mind"? Isn't that what "agree to disagree" means?

And how does politics get wrapped up in this? It has nothing to do with politics.
I promise this is my last post on this since we're veering off topic.

Andrea can believe whatever she wants. I am not saying she is wrong/right in her beliefs. Jeff's (and my) point is that passing laws that limit gay marriage is wrong.

In other words, if gay marriage was legal and Jeff would still give crap to Andrea about believing that, then I would be agreeing with you. But right now I can't.

Go ahead and believe whatever you want, as long as that doesn't result in discrimination of other people.