TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
getreal
postcrastinator

True Blood 504 - "We'll Meet Again" 07/01/12

So Pam's bond with Eric is broken, and Alcide is Sookie's new "man".
Glad they offed the little boy vampire. I am liking the Sanguinistas storyline and the notion that some of the vampires personally knew the guys who wrote the Bible and that you can't believe anything they wrote. LOL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
I am liking the Sanguinistas storyline and the notion that some of the vampires personally knew the guys who wrote the Bible and that you can't believe anything they wrote. LOL!
Bear in mind, that's the Vampire Bible (the one they keep reading from), not the Christian one...
Old 07-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I was also glad the kid got staked. I was actually rooting for it as the guy walked around the table.

So, what is the deal with a maker's bond? Eric released Pam, what does that really mean? He can't force her to do anything anymore. Wouldn't that be a good thing for Pam?
Old 07-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

My one problem with this season is the Iraq storyline. It's like it belongs in another show, I can't see any connection between it and anything else that the other characters are going through.
If anyone can relate this storyline to the rest of the show, please let me know.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
Shaunnick

It's funny, I hear people complain about the fact there are two many supernaturals in this show, and the one plotline that has no (apparently) supernatural element is the one everyone is bored with. But I have to agree, the Terry/Arlene storyline is completely pointless.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbobo View Post
My one problem with this season is the Iraq storyline. It's like it belongs in another show, I can't see any connection between it and anything else that the other characters are going through.
If anyone can relate this storyline to the rest of the show, please let me know.
I feel the same way about the Sanguanista storyline.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
ronsch

So, who released Edgington?
Old 07-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

We still don't know how Russell got out. Very curious. I was surprised that Eric's "sister" really was a sanguinista; I thought she was just faking it to keep Eric alive.

In some vampire stories if you stake a vampire then all its progeny are automatically killed; that would be a good reason to let go of them. But I don't think that's true of this vampire universe as we've seen lots of vampires staked and no one's mentioned it. However, there is a bond between maker and progeny that allows the maker to know about the well-being of the progeny, and maybe other things. Presumably once they sever their tie these bonds no longer exist. For a powerful maker like Eric I can see why Pam wouldn't be so happy about losing that lifeline/protection.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
Beryl

Quote:
... Alcide is Sookie's new "man".
Glad they offed the little boy vampire.
Sookie doesn't deserve Alcide but I've been waiting to see more of him and I tired of that vampire brat in that second episode.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #10
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Sookie doesn't deserve Alcide but I've been waiting to see more of him
You could go see Magic Mike
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsch View Post
So, who released Edgington?
Didn't Eric say only 4 people knew: Eric bill Pam and Alcide? Why haven't they "asked" Alcide yet?
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Isn't Alcide the one who told them Russell was loose?

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #13
getreal
postcrastinator

And how would Alcide have known that Russell was loose?

Unless Debbie Pelt told Alcide that she dug up Russell, before she lost her mind (amongst the splatter all over Sookie's kitchen cabinets and floor).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #14
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
And how would Alcide have known that Russell was loose?
Some random human discovered the hole that Russell had been buried in (I think it was a parking garage?) and called Alcide (because he was involved in the construction somehow) and he came and saw it and that's how he found out.

There was a scene near the end of last season where Alcide and the human were walking through the garage to the hole and the dialogue was exposition for the above.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #15
ihatecable
Crazy Collies

On the funnier side o the show. My favorite part was when Deputy Jason & Sheriff Andy get kicked out of the Fairy Club by a couple of Fairy bouncers. Kind of hard to live that one down,lol
ihatecable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #16
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Isn't Alcide the one who told them Russell was loose?
FWIW, I think Alcide can still be compelled by vampires to do/forget things. If true, another vampire could have suspected Alcide of knowing something and gotten the info from him, then made him forget the whole compell thing.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #17
aindik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Bear in mind, that's the Vampire Bible (the one they keep reading from), not the Christian one...
I thought they were going back and forth between the two.

Having no background in the Christian bible, I wasn't sure. So, this woman who seduced both Erik and Bill (John the Baptist's behead-er, I think it was - she had a name but I can't remember it), is she someone from the real New Testament or the Vampire bible?

I'm still not sure Erik's "sister" isn't just trying to protect him.

Obviously I know nothing about warewolf psychology, but if it's anything like human psychology, what Alcide is doing with Sookie makes no sense. Debbie's dead, what, a week?

Can someone explain who the people were that Sam discovered shot dead, who he met in his bar earlier?

I feel like sometimes when this show introduces characters, it's not clear enough whether these are people we should know or not.
aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #18
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
Having no background in the Christian bible, I wasn't sure. So, this woman who seduced both Erik and Bill (John the Baptist's behead-er, I think it was - she had a name but I can't remember it), is she someone from the real New Testament or the Vampire bible?
New Testament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salome

Quote:
According to Mark 6:21-29 (Salome is not mentioned by name in this passage so reference is incomplete), Salome was the stepdaughter of Herod Antipas. Salome danced before Herod and her mother Herodias at the occasion of his birthday, and in doing so gave her mother the opportunity to obtain the head of John the Baptist. According to Mark's gospel Herodias bore a grudge against John for stating that Herod's marriage to her was unlawful; she encouraged Salome to demand that John be executed.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #19
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Can someone explain who the people were that Sam discovered shot dead, who he met in his bar earlier?
Last season, we saw Sam in something of a "shapeshifters' support group". It was four people who were all shapeshifters who would hang out together and talk about their experiences and difficulties growing up shifter, and then they'd all shift into ponies or whatever and go on a run together.

This group is where Sam met the hottie shifter with the werewolf daughter.

The two people you are asking about were the other two people from the group.

They were mostly inconsequential since the whole point of the group (from a narrative perspective) was just to get Sam and the girl together, so that's why you never saw them again until their redshirt appearance in this episode.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #20
ihatecable
Crazy Collies

Also an interesting Biblical point (no pun intended) when they guy walking around the table (i forget his name) was talking about the stake he had in his hand was silver tipped from Judas's 20 silver pieces and made from the tree that Judas hung himself
ihatecable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #21
busyba
The Funcooker

Old 07-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #22
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatecable View Post
Also an interesting Biblical point (no pun intended) when they guy walking around the table (i forget his name) was talking about the stake he had in his hand was silver tipped from Judas's 20 silver pieces and made from the tree that Judas hung himself
Don't short-change Judas! His price was 30 pieces of silver.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #23
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatecable View Post
(...) the stake he had in his hand was silver tipped (...)
I was surprised that it managed to kill the vamp kid, being silver-tipped and all.

Vampires are obviously constrained by magical laws (as opposed to purely physical ones), but I thought it had to be a wooden stake or beheading to cause the "blood-splatter" event. If the stake was silver-tipped, didn't that violate the rules?
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #24
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Well, it was a WOODEN stake with a silver tip...

I assumed that the silver adds to its potency, not detracts from it. We know silver is very harmful to vampires...
Old 07-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #25
Amnesia
The Question

Yeah, but you can't kill them with a silver stake to the heart, can you? It would hurt, sure, but would it "splat" them?
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #26
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
Yeah, but you can't kill them with a silver stake to the heart, can you? It would hurt, sure, but would it "splat" them?
He didn't give the kid just the tip. He went all the way in, so the wood did eventually make contact with the heart.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #27
busyba
The Funcooker

And now people are checking to make sure they didn't accidentally click into the Sandusky thread...

Old 07-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #28
busyba
The Funcooker

Too soon?

Old 07-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #29
LlamaLarry

Not for me!
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #30
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
I'm still not sure Erik's "sister" isn't just trying to protect him.
Well, she knew who the real sanguinista traitor was. She's trying to protect Erik, obviously, but she does appear to really be part of the movement as well so she's not just trying to protect him.

Quote:
Obviously I know nothing about warewolf psychology, but if it's anything like human psychology, what Alcide is doing with Sookie makes no sense. Debbie's dead, what, a week?
Alcide has been in love with Sookie almost since they first met. And Debbie was a hard woman to love. But you're right, it seems a little fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
Too soon?
For me, it will always be. But I can deal.