TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
morac
Cat God

Season Pass question regarding duplicated channels

I have Comcast and for the longest time, they've duplicated a number of HD channels in the 200 and 800 range. The 200 range channels were there first so most of my season passes are on the 200 range channels. The duplicate channels have identical call letters and even tune the same QAM channels, they are for all intents and purposes identical.

My latest bill states they are removing the 200 range channels. I've switched most of the 200 range channel season passes over to the 800 range channel season manually, but there's some programs that aren't currently airing so I can't change them.

My question is what happens to the season passes on those channels if the channels go away? Will the switch over to the 800 range channels or just stay at the old 200 number? As I can create Season Passes on both duplicate channels, I'm assuming they won't automatically update, at least not without re-running guided set up. Is that correct?
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Jonathan_S

This isn't going to be very helpful.

At least at one time season passes were tied to the channel name (not the number). There was logic in the standalone TiVo to decide which of two station with the same name should be picked (primarily for cases where you got the same channel from an antenna and from your cable system)

If that logic is still there then your old season passes would work on the 800 range channels because you said the call letters are identical. But I don't know if that logic still exists on current TiVos. (That's the unhelpful part)

At worst the season passes will still exist and simply won't be associated with a channel number. That means they wouldn't record anything, but you'd still be able to see them to remember to update them later... Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
mattack

I wonder if you can redo guided setup AFTER the change is made, if they'll convert then...
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #4
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack
I wonder if you can redo guided setup AFTER the change is made, if they'll convert then...
That's my running theory, but I'm not sure I want to bother for a few shows. The change isn't supposed to happen till the end of August anyway.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
mattack

Well, personally, it would be very interesting to know.. Also, I forget, there's the "mini guided setup" that you can do that really only changes your selected channel group.. There's a semi-hidden way of doing that though.. Someone here probably remembers. It basically only redoes thee channel lineup part of guided setup.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote