TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
Tony Chick

Upgrade Premiere to XL4 on T-W Cable

I currently have a basic Premiere with $12.99 monthly service and a cable card from Time-Warner that they needed to roll a truck to install. I've ordered an XL4 from Electronics Expo ($314) to replace it since I need more tuners and don't want multiple boxes.

Are they going to need to roll a truck again to move the cable card from one box to the other?, and will Tivo honor my $12.99 rate or will they try and bump me to something higher?

I guess there isn't much of a market for a used Premiere without lifetime service, I'll keep that in the garage as a spare.
Tony Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
mrizzo80

On the truck roll, no. They can do it over the phone. If first line support wants to send a tech, ask to talk to the next level support techs (my local TWC office calls them Level 3 I think).

Not sure on the pricing. Have you considered just getting lifetime for 399? Lifetime boxes have a lot of resell value. I went for Lifetime on my Woot Elite a couple weeks ago.
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
MeInDallas

Just put your cable card in the new Tivo and then call the cable card hotline to pair it up. The number for Time Warner cable card hotline is 866-606-5889.

Their hours are M-F 8am to 11pm eastern time. Sat & Sun 10am to 11pm eastern time.

It was a very simple process for me, and lord knows I've switched cards around enough for them to get sick of me by now. Sometimes the hold can be 10 minutes or more, and then sometimes they pick up right away. Depends on when you call I guess.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
Tony Chick

Awesome, thanks guys!
Tony Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

You can go to tivo.com and login to your account and simply swap out the service numbers.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote