TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
MighTiVo
TiVotarian

Netflix disappeared

All my family calls on me when they need TiVo help, imagine my surprise when a family member called to ask about Netflix not being on their now playing list or in the Find TV, movies, and video list then when I pulled up my TiVo to walk them through trouble shooting, mine was gone too.

Interestingly when I went to Find -> browse->available from, Netflix was there. But choosing Netflix did nothing or popped back into main menu.

We both had the same issue/resolution, so here it is in case it helps you.

We went to Settings and Messages ->Settings->channels-> video provider list

but the list was empty!

We exited the menu and came back several times and it finally showed our our selection. Just in case it helped we unselected Netflix and selected it back, but that may have not been necessary. When we returned to Now Playing and search Netflix, was back and the available from icon worked.
MighTiVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
MighTiVo
TiVotarian

Looks like this is similar
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=475567
MighTiVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
javabird

Interestingly, I just cancelled my Netflix account, and even though I've DE-selected it to show in the Now playing list, it is still there.
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
kbschmude

Netflix dissapeared

Thank you very much for this post. We spent the last 2 days wondering what was wrong. Netflix used to be under "Find Tv, movies & videos" but it disappeared a couple days ago. Netflix would show up when I did a search for a show but when I clicked on the Netflix icon, it would just return to the menu. I went to "settings and messages" then "settings" , "channels", "video provider list", and Netflix was already checked. I unchecked it, backed out of the menu, went back in and re-checked the box. When I returned to "find tv, movies & videos" Netflix was there! Everything works fine, including playing Netflix shows from a search. Thanks again!
kbschmude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #5
Joe01880
I love my TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbschmude View Post
I went to "settings and messages" then "settings" , "channels", "video provider list", and Netflix was already checked. I unchecked it, backed out of the menu, went back in and re-checked the box. When I returned to "find tv, movies & videos" Netflix was there! Everything works fine, including playing Netflix shows from a search. Thanks again!
I followed your instructions with the same results and now Netflix, Hulu and Blockbuster (I had lost them all) are back.
Thank you!

Roamio Pro- $99 yearly grandfathered MSD
Premiere- 2TB w/PLS
TiVo HD- 2TB w/ PLS For Sale $350
Series 2- Just sittin around
DVR40- yours if you want it
Connected via Ethernet
FiOS

Joe01880 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
misterjim

Video Provider?

I too have lost Netflix from my Tivo HD's Now Playing list, but I can't follow the instructions in this thread. I don't have a "video providers" entry in settings-->channels. All I have is channels. Any suggestions? It takes forever to get to Netflix through the Video On Demand menu.
misterjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjim View Post
I too have lost Netflix from my Tivo HD's Now Playing list, but I can't follow the instructions in this thread. I don't have a "video providers" entry in settings-->channels. All I have is channels. Any suggestions? It takes forever to get to Netflix through the Video On Demand menu.
Reboot your Tivo (unless you've already tried that).

Navigate to Netflix via the VOD menus and make sure the option to show Netflix in the NPL is enabled. If it's already enabled, disable it, and then re-enable it.

That's all I got.

Edit: Just thought of something else though it may not have any effect. Go to your online Netflix account and deactivate all of your devices. Reactivate your Tivo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!

Last edited by steve614 : 07-06-2012 at 05:57 PM.
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote