TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-11-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
bearbig

Volume

I have a TIVO HD and the volume from it is very much lower than that of the TV and my Direct TV TIVO. I use the volume settings suggested in the FAQ pages. It has always been like this , but it is now more noticable with a new TV.
Any ideas?

Thanks
bearbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbig View Post
I have a TIVO HD and the volume from it is very much lower than that of the TV and my Direct TV TIVO. I use the volume settings suggested in the FAQ pages. It has always been like this , but it is now more noticable with a new TV.
Any ideas?

Thanks
You probably mean that you have to crank up the TV volume more than you used to when watching the Tivo with the old TV. The Tivo volume is just a constant output and I have seen the level be noticably different from different model Tivos. As long as it is sufficient to drive the amplifier input of your TV I wouldn't worry about it. If, on the other hand, you now have to crank the TV volume up to very high levels, then I'd first try the Tivo back on the old TV. If it seems ok there, then try swapping to a different set of TV inputs.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #3
Fiosman

I have the same problem, its just the way it is on my unit
Fiosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #4
bearbig

I don't like and my wife hates it as my hearing is going so according to her I have it at painful levels.
I guess I wasn't clear on my first post. The volume issue was the same with the old analog TV, but minimally acceptable as it had better speakers than the new TV.
bearbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

It's normal for HD sources to be at a lower average volume level than SD sources, to allow for a wider dynamic range.

I recommend setting "Settings -> Audio -> Sound Effects Volume" to "Low", if you haven't already. Other than that, I'm not really sure what the problem is, much less what you could do about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote