TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
tomhorsley

I haven't enable network remote control?

I was just trying to use the TiVo phone app today, and it claims I haven't enabled network remote control on the box. The problem is that I *have* enabled network remote control, and I can even telnet to the tivo box from my desktop on port 31339 and get the prompt telling me the current channel, but my real phone and the android emulator both tell me I haven't enabled it.

I'm currently rebooting the TiVo just to see if that does anything.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I don't think I've done anything on my router to block traffic on my internal LAN.
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
tomhorsley

I guess rebooting the tivo fixed whatever the problem was. I can now connect from my real phone and from the emulator.
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

On some Linksys routers there's a re-occurring issue related to "multicast filtering" that will pop up if you have the Tivo wired and the remote app wireless, it runs for a while after reboots and then stops again.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
JoeTaxpayer

This issue took a router reboot and turn network remote off then on again.