TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Beryl

True Blood S5E03 - Whatever I Am, You Made Me *SPOILERS*

Thoroughly enjoyed

- Pam's flashback - never thought about the fate of aging prostitutes.
- Tara in the tanning bed (that was a first) - Pam had better get on her "maker" job
- Jason finally getting a clue - pedophile teacher turned him out?
- Vampire Salome - I didn't learn about that in Sunday School
- Linda Purl added to the cast

Tired of
- Sookie - isn't she supposed to be the main character?
- Sam - he was OK when his brother was alive
Old 06-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

That was about as boring an episode of True Blood as I ever remember seeing. Enough with the long lingering looks already.

And I don't want Jason to suddenly grow up. No! No! No! Bad Jason!

Don't really care about:

(x) Vampire Tara (although she has potential, I just know it)
(x) Emo Alcide
(x) Possessed Lafayette
(x) Private Terry and what happened "that night" in Eye-Rack.
(x) Studmuffin Sheriff Andy

Flashback with Eric and Pam is fun, but it was jarring to have Bill and whatshername show up. You'd think we would have had some hint over the last 4 seasons that Eric and Pam had met Bill in the past.

Loved "the new Nan."

Oh well, hoping for mo/better next week.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
SoBelle0
What's next?

Loved the "new Nan," as well. He's going to be just perfect!!

And, I also agree - why is this the first time we're learning that Eric and Pam had previously known Bill, and it seemed as though Eric and Lorena were quite familiar with one another... just seemed odd.

I had expected Pam to wake up and realize that she needed to 'train' Tara after her first dream... not wait until Tara actually needed her. At that point, I knew she'd be perturbed, which is totally Pam-like. I thought these flashbacks were also showing that Eric is true to the vampire life, and Pam would likely emulate that and the respect that it deserves when it comes to new vamps.

Why didn't we get to see any of the sex? Come on! Eric and Salome, Eric and Pam, Jason! We got nothing.

I really enjoyed seeing Andy and Holly being happy. They're cute together, and it is good that someone's got something positive happening in their life.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
Gerryex

I thought it was a pretty good episode! I too think the "new" Nan is going to be very interesting.

I still am having a hard time with the Authority thinking Bill and Eric are part of the anti-mainstreaming movement. Yes, they may have screwed up their handling of the witches but they both have always shown their desire to coexist with humans. And yes, Eric's "sister" (I keep sister in quotes as I'm not sure exactly what their relationship, if any, is) did confess to being anti-mainstreaming saying that "mainstreaming is an abomination" but again why does that tie into Eric and Bill?

Still a great show!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
...And yes, Eric's "sister" (I keep sister in quotes as I'm not sure exactly what their relationship, if any, is) ...
I believe they are brother/sister because they both had the same maker: Godreich.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I believe they are brother/sister because they both had the same maker: Godreich.
Agreed.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
Shaunnick

Eric and Pam and Lorena and Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Flashback with Eric and Pam is fun, but it was jarring to have Bill and whatshername show up. You'd think we would have had some hint over the last 4 seasons that Eric and Pam had met Bill in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle0 View Post
And, I also agree - why is this the first time we're learning that Eric and Pam had previously known Bill, and it seemed as though Eric and Lorena were quite familiar with one another... just seemed odd.
Eric has been Sheriff of Louisiana for a few decades, and Lorena was a couple of hundred years old. I don't think it is all that surprising that a vampire would come to know all the vamps in his "territory" over a period of time. As to them knowing each other over the years and not mentioning it, I don't think it has been relevant up to this point. I don't really think it is relevant now, just something the writer's tossed in. It does not bother me though.
Shaunnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I know, it's just a goofy show, but it felt like a Jetsons/Flintstones crossover.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
OK! That makes sense . . . well, at least sense in the True Blood world of vampires, fairies, werewolves, shape-shifters, witches, etc!!!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
mrdazzo7

I'm actually liking the season so far...all of the characters have been splintered off in their own story-lines for so long that it's nice seeing them come together in different ways again... I like the complex interactions among everyone...

Lafayette and Sookie struggling to cover up Debbie's murder, Tara going to Sam for help, the realization of why Jason is the way it is and Jessica trying to help him through a dark time, Pam remembering Eric's speech about the responsibility of being a maker then knowing she's gonna have to go save Tara, Alcide realizing Sookie killed Debbie... It's a lot more character driven which I'm into.

Does the Authority guy still think Bill and Eric were part of the movement though? I Thought they were comfortable that they weren't against mainstreaming, but they still needed to be punished for what happened with the witches (as well as blowing up main street, the hotel massacre, etc), and their penance is to find and bring down Edgington. I didn't think he still suspected them of being Sanguinista (or whatevs).

I wonder who the guy was the Jessica ran after? I'm guess he's a fairy? That's another thing I like about this show, they always find ways to bring characters into other story lines (assuming that's what he was, which I'm guessing based on his "16 sisters" comment, the fact that he smelled so good to Jessica, and the fact that he made her want to go bang Jason)

I did laugh when Andy told Holly that facebook took the picture down already--how the hell did he get in touch with someone from Facebook? It's f'in impossible! hahah
Old 06-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
I wonder who the guy was the Jessica ran after? I'm guess he's a fairy? That's another thing I like about this show, they always find ways to bring characters into other story lines (assuming that's what he was, which I'm guessing based on his "16 sisters" comment, the fact that he smelled so good to Jessica, and the fact that he made her want to go bang Jason)
Definitely a fairy. I can't remember if it is the same fairie Sookie saw a few times at the hotel (was he killed?).

But that was the fairy field where Jessica found his car and smelled him. Where Andy had sex with that fairy. Hey, maybe he is Andy's half-fairy son (all grown up timewarp-like)?

Last edited by john4200 : 06-25-2012 at 11:07 PM.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #12
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Who was the vampire tech girl who strapped up Bill and Eric? She looked SO familiar, but I just can't place her...
Old 06-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #13
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Who was the vampire tech girl who strapped up Bill and Eric? She looked SO familiar, but I just can't place her...
It wasn't Tina Majorino was it?

Big Love, Veronica Mars

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #14
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post

Big Love, Veronica Mars
Yup, Tina was kind of reprising her 'Mac' role from VM.

BTW, you know there is nothing much to watch on TV when TCF has three True Blood episode threads going at the same time!
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #15
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
I wonder who the guy was the Jessica ran after? I'm guess he's a fairy?
If you stayed for the end credits, his character is called "Faerie Claude".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #16
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
Thanks!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #17
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Definitely a fairy. I can't remember if it is the same fairie Sookie saw a few times at the hotel (was he killed?).

But that was the fairy field where Jessica found his car and smelled him. Where Andy had sex with that fairy. Hey, maybe he is Andy's half-fairy son (all grown up timewarp-like)?
So why wouldn't Jessica recognize the smell as similar to Sookie's? She should have know "what" he is, right?

I, for one, hate the "new Nan". The Old Nan loved to suck the blood from the inside thighs of pretty girls. Since the new Nan is also gay, I just don't want to see that!

I thought Pam was a lot older. I assumed she had been turned 300 years or more ago. Certainly before Bill since I thought she was stronger (i.e. older). I also don't get why Eric didn't know Bill. Wasn't Bill turned after fighting in the civil war (on his way home)?
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #18
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
So why wouldn't Jessica recognize the smell as similar to Sookie's? She should have know "what" he is, right?
Well, Sookie's not pure-blood (or anything near it...one grandparent, isn't it?). Maybe the fairy-stench in her blood isn't strong enough to be smelled through all that skin and stuff.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #19
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I thought Pam was a lot older. I assumed she had been turned 300 years or more ago. Certainly before Bill since I thought she was stronger (i.e. older). I also don't get why Eric didn't know Bill. Wasn't Bill turned after fighting in the civil war (on his way home)?
Bill was turned at the end of the Civil War. Apparently Lorena kept him all to herself and never taught him much about the vampire world as he attempted to kill a much older and stronger vampire with abandon. Again I go back to my earlier post, Eric was and has been sheriff of his part of Louisiana for some time, he knows who all the vamps are in his community but did not know Bill, which suggests to me Lorena kept him hidden away.
Shaunnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #20
ihatecable
Crazy Collies

loved the training bra comment,lol
ihatecable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #21
mwhip
All better

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Yup, Tina was kind of reprising her 'Mac' role from VM.

BTW, you know there is nothing much to watch on TV when TCF has three True Blood episode threads going at the same time!
So that is what happened to Mac from VM....she is now a vampire!

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #22
getreal
postcrastinator

The first time we met Eric, he had long hair. Now he is clean cut in the flashbacks. ???
And couldn't the makeup dept. give Bill his old sideburns from S01 & S02 for the flashbacks? Doesn't seem like a lot of trouble for the sake of continuity.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #23
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

That seems to be a trope of shows with immortal protagonists...apparently, supernatural union rules allow them only to do flashbacks from eras when they have the same hairstyle as they do in the present.

Imagine all those periods in history when Eric had a beard, but they can't show them until modern Eric grows one!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #24
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
we used to be friends a long time ago...
Old 06-27-2012, 06:02 AM   #25
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Right now, Jessica and the Rev are the only characters I am remotely interested in. How they could make present day Eric so dull is amazing to me. Flashback Eric is so much better. Lafayette who used to be my favorite of them all has just turned into a whiny little bitch.

It'll never pile up on the DVR because of Mrs. S's love of Eric, but jeez, let's get going! Russell, heal and get back RFN!!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #26
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Soze View Post
Right now, Jessica and the Rev are the only characters I am remotely interested in.
I could watch an hour of Jessica every week! She is ridiculously hot in this show!

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #27
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I could watch an hour of Jessica every week! She is ridiculously hot in this show!

Old 06-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #28
Lillian Nyx
Queen of Swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
She was also a young FBI agent on Bones.
Lillian Nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #29
Lillian Nyx
Queen of Swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed

- Pam's flashback - never thought about the fate of aging prostitutes.
- Tara in the tanning bed (that was a first) - Pam had better get on her "maker" job
- Jason finally getting a clue - pedophile teacher turned him out?- Vampire Salome - I didn't learn about that in Sunday School
- Linda Purl added to the cast

Tired of
- Sookie - isn't she supposed to be the main character?
- Sam - he was OK when his brother was alive

I wonder if the writers are going to pursue this - that Jason has so much meaningless sex because he was molested?

Last edited by Lillian Nyx : 06-28-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Lillian Nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #30
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Nyx View Post
I wonder if the writers are going to pursue this - that Jason has so much meaningless sex because he was molested?
No way.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote