TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
DonB.
Love My TIVO !!

New added channels not populating the GUIDE !!

OK, this morning I realized that Comcast had added HD channels to our channel lineup which is included in our HD package so I went into settings and added a check mark to those new channels, I then did an online update to get the guide to update. I still do not see any guide info, either online from my TIVO account listing, nor on the premiere unit either, I do have a cable card and the channels do come in, it has been about 1 1/2 hours now, still says no guide info, is this normal ?? I know with my series 2 unit, it says housekeeping when I am updating channels, this unit does not say that, so I am not sure it is updating or not. I can always manually record a show my wife wants for now, but just want to make sure it will populate sooner or later, any info on this would be greatly appreciated TIA
DonB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
sharkster

I've had it happen before where either Tribune Media added the channels, and changed others, before the change actually happened (extremely frustrating!), OR they were not sent to Tivo as soon as the changes happened.

I have found that either filling out the form on the Tivo website or calling and reporting the information makes it get fixed mucho pronto.

Sometimes the problem will resolve itself within a couple of days but I tend to get impatient about that and they've (Tivo) been very helpful to me in the few times I've had to deal with this.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB. View Post
OK, this morning I realized that Comcast had added HD channels to our channel lineup which is included in our HD package so I went into settings and added a check mark to those new channels, I then did an online update to get the guide to update. I still do not see any guide info, either online from my TIVO account listing, nor on the premiere unit either, I do have a cable card and the channels do come in, it has been about 1 1/2 hours now, still says no guide info, is this normal ?? I know with my series 2 unit, it says housekeeping when I am updating channels, this unit does not say that, so I am not sure it is updating or not. I can always manually record a show my wife wants for now, but just want to make sure it will populate sooner or later, any info on this would be greatly appreciated TIA
Yeh this does happen occasionally when the channels are added before the new guide info gets to you or i have had it happen vice versa... Got an update with new channels but they didnt actually start working for 2 weeks
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
DonB.
Love My TIVO !!

Took your advise and used support online, and it seems like I have to use the guided set up again, because we are on the new Digital plan now, so i will do that again when I get home tonight.
DonB. is offline   Reply With Quote