TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-13-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Big Brother - ep01 - 7/12/2012

I see there's a spoiler thread, but I don't know if it's for the entire season or After Dark or whathaveyou, so I'm starting up this season's first individual thread.

What do you think so far? Thankfully the returning guests thing is only in a coaching capacity. And I only remembered Janelle and Boogie by name. I had to see Dan and Brittney before I remembered them.

I hope that Survivor brother guy goes soon. I hate when people lie about their outside lives. And Dan made a good choice in eviction, Jodi seemed to be dead weight.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
2004raptor

First thoughts were what on earth do they think britney can do as a coach? Didn't she just ride on coat tails her season until the guys decided to get rid of her? But she is hot in a bikini so it's ok to have here there

I can't remember names yet but I'm hoping the flamboyant guy goes quick.

I haven't watched survivor in years so I don't know who the guy is that the house guests were referring to. But I don't really like the way the brother comes off.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I thought it was funny that Willie Hantz was recognized right away by the nerd, and then soon afterward by Boogie. He really thinks he can hide it? But he's safe for the first week.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #4
Shaunnick

So far I like the new cast. I am pleased to see my favorite BB player of all time Dan back in the house, but also disappointed in his crew. Those women do not look like they can win competitions or play a social game. I think Dan wil be first to go.

Oh, and kind of proud I guessed the shows one big twist:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...99#post9167999
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
Alfer
WOOSAH!

So far so good. Seems like a fun cast.

I sure would be pissed to be the first to go and you haven't even had a full day at the house.

Poor girl got picked last AND gets booted.
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

It is how Brit gave Willie the HOH so he could solidify his position in the house yet she was the only coach that was not shown discussing how Willie looks like Russell. I am fairly sure she caught on as well if she made that comment.

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #7
jcondon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones1023 View Post

I hope that Survivor brother guy goes soon. I hate when people lie about their outside lives. And Dan made a good choice in eviction, Jodi seemed to be dead weight.
Dan should have picked at least one guy for his team. Too many of the competitions require some sort of strength or size. Just as some comps are better suited for lighter smaller people.

I think it was stupid that guy tried to lie / hide who he was. There is a good chance if you are fan of BB you might also watch Survivor.

I thought it was interesting the guy from Naples lied about being unemployed at least one house guest thought he was not totally honest.

And the nurse (one of the two left on team Dan) said she was a teacher or something. Not really honest either. And she is working on two degrees.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I liked it quite a bit. It will be fun to see how things play out as the coaches try to get their players to the end.

I think Willie just needs to fess up. Enough people know about what his brother did, where he's from, etc to realize he wasn't going to hide it.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
pmyers

Screw you CBS for listing it as in HD on the guide data and for having it in SD. Is it really 2012?!? If they can film crabbing on the Bering Sea in HD they sure as H*ll can show this prime time major network show!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #10
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY

About the chick that got booted. I didn't like that she kinda spoke about her step kids like it was a negative. She also spoke about all these athletic things she does which if true good for her but she IS a plus sized woman sooooo...yeah.

I hope Willie puts up the first picks of Janelle and Boogies teams. That is what I would do. Get rid of the their main competition. Alot of ppl seem to not like Willie simply cuz he is Russell's brother. So there is no wonder why he tried to hide that.
No one said nothing about that woman claiming to be a teacher.
2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #11
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Screw you CBS for listing it as in HD on the guide data and for having it in SD. Is it really 2012?!? If they can film crabbing on the Bering Sea in HD they sure as H*ll can show this prime time major network show!
This. It's a joke. Is there anther network prime time show still filmed in SD? There probably is, but I can't think of one.

Anyway, I like it so far. The coach thing is an interesting twist, and outside of Janelle, I am ok with the coaches (I don't really mind her that much, but she comes off to me as arrogant...Boogie does too, but I'll fogive him because he was in Chill Town).

The challenge was funny. Laughed a lot.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #12
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
This. It's a joke. Is there anther network prime time show still filmed in SD? There probably is, but I can't think of one...
The bigger joke is that all the cameras are already in HD because After Dark IS AIRED IN HD!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I'd bet it has nothing to do with the cost of HD cameras but the difficulty of being able to edit together the show so quickly. The amount of data is orders of magnitude greater in HD than it was in SD. The crab fishing editors have months of leadtime to put together an episode.

I wonder if Glass House is only on once a week due to it being in HD.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #14
jcondon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
I'd bet it has nothing to do with the cost of HD cameras but the difficulty of being able to edit together the show so quickly. The amount of data is orders of magnitude greater in HD than it was in SD. The crab fishing editors have months of leadtime to put together an episode.

I wonder if Glass House is only on once a week due to it being in HD.
Which is what Indy said too in another thread.

I am fine with it. I rather watch this show 3 times a week in SD then watch Glass House in HD once a week.

Aside from HD/SD BB is much better show.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
pmyers

I'm hoping Glass House being a BB clone and in HD forces their hand.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #16
pmyers

Back to the show:

I love the coach idea but I would have preferred to bring back 2 coaches so they each have 6 people. Having only 3 players (2 now for Dan) to coach isnt very much.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #17
Azlen

I'm going to be curious to see if people stick to their teams or if other alliances form.
People may end up getting along more with people outside their team then on their team.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #18
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
I'm going to be curious to see if people stick to their teams or if other alliances form.
People may end up getting along more with people outside their team then on their team.
There is no incentive for the houseguest to stay with their teams so I would expect they don't....or at least they would smart not to.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #19
WhiskeyTango

I'm still not sure I fully understand how this is supposed to work. Was the captains picking the HOH/evictee a one time thing or is that every week? Will they always compete as teams or as individuals?
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #20
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
I'm still not sure I fully understand how this is supposed to work. Was the captains picking the HOH/evictee a one time thing or is that every week? Will they always compete as teams or as individuals?
The way I understand it is that each of the coaches now has 3 players (Dan is now down to 2) and that's set.

Everybody plays as individuals however and the individual who wins the $500k at the end also wins $100k for their coach.

Until there is a twist of course....
Old 07-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #21
jcondon

At the end of the show they said next week will be individual competitions.

It will be a strange dynamic. Will some team players setup unknown alliances with other teams? Or will two teams join up?
Old 07-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #22
dimented
Comfortably Numb

I would think the coaches would encourage their team members to form different alliances. That gives the coach the best chance to win 100k. Have your team on different alliances giving you a better chance when one of the alliances crumble. Don't want to put all of your eggs in one basket.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #23
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY

Is it possible to nominate someone from YOUR team?
2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #24
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappa77 View Post
Is it possible to nominate someone from YOUR team?
Yes. It is an individual game from now on. The teams only matter to the veterans.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #25
stellie93

I can understand Hantz trying to hide his identity, but why not say you're a nurse? I'd put that on a similar educational and financial level as a teacher. She didn't have to mention going for more degrees. She'll probably be tripped up at some point with some kind of medical knowledge, and then it will be a negative that she lied. They'll probably think she's a doctor.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #26
Cainebj

not sure why some reality shows think bringing back past contestants is a plus.

willy russell's brother?
i quit survivor because of russell hope i don't have to quit big brother because of his little brother.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #27
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
not sure why some reality shows think bringing back past contestants is a plus.
Not that I am a fan of it but people like familiarity. It's why sequels get made as well. Learning about someone new takes time, having someone you already know lets you skip that step.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #28
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
Not that I am a fan of it but people like familiarity. It's why sequels get made as well. Learning about someone new takes time, having someone you already know lets you skip that step.
the only problem with that is when they bring back people you couldn't stand and were happy to see go in the first place.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #29
vertigo235

Do the coaches participate in the comps?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #30
Shaunnick

No.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote