TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
WVZR1

CBS EYE-lerts

Has anyone had any success subscribing to CBS EYE-lerts? I've attempted several times and it seems to error at the what channel?

http://www.cbs.com/eye-lerts/
WVZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
bmgoodman

I couldn't enter anything into the "Station you watch CBS on" field, but when I entered my Zip code, it populated that field with "WJZ". I don't know what that means, but I'm hopeful my Zip code alone will get me the data. In fact, I just got my first warning notice via e-mail and text message that this Sunday's line-up MIGHT be affected.

Now, not to hijack your topic, but I'd love a discussion of how we can use this information to automatically change our Tivo recordings in near real-time.

Honestly, I've just about written off any show CBS puts onto Sunday nights. It has not been worth the hassle.
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
lew

You can't automatically make changes. You get a text message. You could log onto tivo.com and pad your recording. It's a shame you can't use negative padding to delay the start time.

bmgoodman--Show you like. Pad it. Only an issue if you have limited hard disk space or if that means allocating more tuners then you have.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
NotNowChief
Addicted to TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgoodman View Post
I couldn't enter anything into the "Station you watch CBS on" field, but when I entered my Zip code, it populated that field with "WJZ". I don't know what that means, but I'm hopeful my Zip code alone will get me the data. In fact, I just got my first warning notice via e-mail and text message that this Sunday's line-up MIGHT be affected.

Now, not to hijack your topic, but I'd love a discussion of how we can use this information to automatically change our Tivo recordings in near real-time.

Honestly, I've just about written off any show CBS puts onto Sunday nights. It has not been worth the hassle.
Precisely why CSI Miami was cancelled this year. That was the final nail in the coffin.
NotNowChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgoodman View Post
I couldn't enter anything into the "Station you watch CBS on" field, but when I entered my Zip code, it populated that field with "WJZ". I don't know what that means
WJZ is the Baltimore station (13). In Northern VA you should really have WUSA from D.C. (9).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
WVZR1

Imagine that - it appears that after not working last year they've got it to what appears a "functional" state.

With the "new" format I also ended up with WJZ (13) when using my 25414 zip code but after using a known NOVA zip code 22180 I got the WUSA (9) which is what I actually receive CBS on here in the WV - Eastern Panhandle.

I expect it wise to go no further than zip code to populate the "station" and if it's NOT what you receive CBS on "rethink" the zip code.

CBS - Sundays are certainly a damned nuisance !
WVZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
bmgoodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR1 View Post
Imagine that - it appears that after not working last year they've got it to what appears a "functional" state.

With the "new" format I also ended up with WJZ (13) when using my 25414 zip code but after using a known NOVA zip code 22180 I got the WUSA (9) which is what I actually receive CBS on here in the WV - Eastern Panhandle.

I expect it wise to go no further than zip code to populate the "station" and if it's NOT what you receive CBS on "rethink" the zip code.

CBS - Sundays are certainly a damned nuisance !
I tried 22180, but I still got WJZ.
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

HALP!!!! I need to punch CBS in the EYE Alerts!

I need to punch CBS in the EYE Alerts!

Because of this thread, I foolishly subscribed for Text message Eye Alerts. Now I can't stop the texts!

I keep replying with STOP. The Alerts keep coming. I just sent them feedback on the web site.

I don't have unlimited messaging so each alert is costing me, I think 50 cents. The same for all my STOP messages! (I've reconsidered it but I refuse to pay $240 a year for a feature I don't use. I have Google Voice for texts.)

Anybody have any ideas? I heard of one lawsuit that cost the spamming company big bucks.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote