TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
sieglinde

Falling Skies - Young Bloods

Anyone still watching? I think the episode was interesting in both how the little kid is growing up and being pretty smart and brave and the glowing spikes on the other son. The daughter thing was sort of a waste of time.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I'm watching. But I will not watch it live next week. It drops to the "when I get to it" category after this episode.

I mean, seriously? All these adults let a bunch of 9 and 10 year olds decide to go brave it on their own? with a couple of 15 year olds making the decision for them? in what world would that happen? not this one!

And they left, just like that? no plan on how to meet up if they ever wanted to?

I'm so pissed off. I loved the first 2 episodes. But this one really pissed me off.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I mean, seriously? All these adults let a bunch of 9 and 10 year olds decide to go brave it on their own? with a couple of 15 year olds making the decision for them? in what world would that happen? not this one!
I was kind of shocked the little kids went back, considering how they all almost got screwed because their leader's inability to plan things out. I can see the daughter and boyfriend leaving on their own. I was kind of hoping the daughter would die.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
Ment

Hmmm...this season is experiencing the sophomore slump. Did they have changes in the writing team this season? Its like they got the directive from above to make this more like the Terminator franchise...more bullets more action..damn the plot holes.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieglinde View Post
The daughter thing was sort of a waste of time.
I've never liked "incredible coincidence as major plot point" myself...
Old 07-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Hmmm...this season is experiencing the sophomore slump. Did they have changes in the writing team this season? Its like they got the directive from above to make this more like the Terminator franchise...more bullets more action..damn the plot holes.
I believe someone mentioned BSG writers came on board.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #7
BradJW

Did I miss something? I thought Tom was working for Pope now. Did that change? Were those Pope's guys Tom was ordering around? Or did they just drop that storyline?
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #8
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJW View Post
Did I miss something? I thought Tom was working for Pope now. Did that change? Were those Pope's guys Tom was ordering around? Or did they just drop that storyline?
Yes, you did. You missed Pope resigning and leaving to be on his own. I think 1 guy (the black guy) left with him.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #9
robojerk

If the daughter loved her father in any way, I don't see how she could just abandon him like that. End of the world just happened, sisters are dead, mom died from lack of medication, incredible coincidence that both father and daughter are still alive, found each other.. Then she runs away with her new boyfriend, who seems like a nice guy, but conveniently to the plot of the episode, showed his leadership skills to be lacking.

I don't know if we as viewers were supposed to like the leader of this kid group. It seemed like he had no intention of joining this larger group of survivors, even though his new girlfriend's dad is amongst them. As the daughter was conversing with the dad and he walked in, his tone suggested that they were going to go back, and there was no discussion about what she wanted.
Then his totally botched rescue attempt. (anyone not see that one coming?)
I also found it odd he was only speaking Spanish to a group of the whitest kids ever. It could be that the casting people made a mistake by having only white little kids in their group, if not it suggests he made them learn Spanish to understand him instead of just speaking English to them.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #10
robojerk

From TV.com

Old 07-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #11
stellie93

I thought it was ridiculous that the Skitter factory wasn't any better guarded than that. How did the kids get captured in the first place?

So the brother didn't ask what happens when the implant glows? Do they communicate with him or what? Why doesn't anybody ask any questions?

I still like the show, though. Hard to imagine what it would be like to live a life like that. You'd probably do a lot of things we can't ever imagine doing.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #12
getreal
postcrastinator

I was distracted by the little kid covered in Skitter blood in one scene, and then wearing the same clothes, but washed and dried, in the next scene. How did he get his laundry done that quickly at a campsite? He should have had a costume change for the rest of the episode.
And the daughter reprimanding her Dad (the 'leader") over disrespecting her a-hole boyfriend? And Dad backed down and apologized? Ugh! I thiink the new writers are teenagers writing to their audience. The adults get people killed, but the wreckless teens are smarter? Right!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #13
cheesesteak
Meh.

I like this season more than last but parts of this episode were ludicrous. I knew the daughter wasn't going to stick around so I wasn't surprised that she left even though it was stupid. Her boyfriend was an irresponsible moron. What nitwit would follow him after his stupidity nearly got his child army and girlfriend skitterized?

The son and the hot blonde just need to go in the woods and do it and get it over with. The weekly flirting is boring.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:20 AM   #14
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
I also found it odd he was only speaking Spanish to a group of the whitest kids ever. It could be that the casting people made a mistake by having only white little kids in their group, if not it suggests he made them learn Spanish to understand him instead of just speaking English to them.
Maybe the skitters speak Spanish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
I was distracted by the little kid covered in Skitter blood in one scene, and then wearing the same clothes, but washed and dried, in the next scene. How did he get his laundry done that quickly at a campsite? He should have had a costume change for the rest of the episode.
And the daughter reprimanding her Dad (the 'leader") over disrespecting her a-hole boyfriend? And Dad backed down and apologized? Ugh! I thiink the new writers are teenagers writing to their audience. The adults get people killed, but the wreckless teens are smarter? Right!
There's a Korean laundromat next to the Korean grocer that Tom's group found. I think he also got a mani/pedi at the Vietnamese nail salon.

Man this show has taken a 180 from interesting to ridiculous in one season.

At least the skitter killing in the opening scene came in the daylight.

Next episode Doc and her assistant will both be pregnant so we can have a dual pregnancy story arc like Walking Dead's.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #15
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
Maybe the skitters speak Spanish?
No, the Skitters speak ENGLISH. The kids speak Spanish so the Skitters won't understand them.

It makes perfect sense if you think about it a little.

VERY little.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:14 AM   #16
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

OK, some of this is totally ridiculous. I agree. But yet, I find it all highly entertaining and this past episode was fun. I'll keep watching, knowing it's a fantasy world where ALIENS rule the earth, so I throw out a lot the "it makes no sense" stuff and just enjoy the ride.

The one thing that DOES bother me, is they never seem to be accomplishing much. But this week we got to see how the harnesses are done.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #17
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

wasn't it in the first 5 minutes where the 2 brothers were hiding behind a car and whispering while casing the Skitter safehouse? not 20 feet behind them were the bikes they came in? The ones that were stolen and driven off?

The Skitters didn't care about all that noise, as long as whisper when you talk
Old 07-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #18
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Interesting discussion here comparing S1 to S2. I gave up on S1 and canceled the SP after a handful of episodes. But, based on discussions and previews, I jumped in to S2 and am, for the the most part, enjoying it. Yes, there is great suspension of disbelief and many details that may not make sense, but, hey, it's sci fi...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #19
donnoh

I managed to watch this entire episode in about ten minutes, wearing out my 30 second skip button. IMO this show has gone from mediocre to bad with way too much drama and huggy, kissy scenes and not enough fighting the aliens.

And the scene where the boy was covered in skitter blood one minute and the next time we see him his clothes are clean, come on.
donnoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #20
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnoh View Post
And the scene where the boy was covered in skitter blood one minute and the next time we see him his clothes are clean, come on.
You're all going to feel so silly when it is later revealed that Skitter blood is composed of dry cleaning/vanishing ink solution.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #21
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
You're all going to feel so silly when it is later revealed that Skitter blood is composed of dry cleaning/vanishing ink solution.

Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #22
Timbeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnoh View Post
IMO this show has gone from mediocre to bad with way too much drama and huggy, kissy scenes and not enough fighting the aliens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote