TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
chrisbac
Master of my domain

Odd TiVo Slide problem

I have the TiVo Slide and it was working great. Then suddenly it stopped working. Strangely, the QWERTY keyboard part is working, but the main TiVo remote buttons do not seem to get through. Also, when I disconnect the BT receiver from the TiVO, the main buttons still seem to send the bluetooth signal. I thought the remote reverted to IR when the BT dongle was not connected. Does this mean the remote has become paired with some other device? I tried to "globally" reset the remote then repair it, but the pairing process does not really seem to follow what was described. When I put the remote in pairing mode, it comes off quickly without the dongle entering pairing mode. This seems wrong, but I cannot figure out what other device the remote may be pairing to.

Please help.
Thanks
Chris
Old 04-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

The Slide is partly Bluetooth and Part InfraRed. When you press a button, either the red or the blue lights up. The red is InfraRed function, and the blue is Bluetooth.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
chrisbac
Master of my domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
The Slide is partly Bluetooth and Part InfraRed. When you press a button, either the red or the blue lights up. The red is InfraRed function, and the blue is Bluetooth.
Yes, that is why I am confused. It ought to use the IR (red light) when the BT dongle is not connected (thus the remote is not connected via bluetooth) but is still lights blue. My understanding was that the main buttons could use either BT or IR, but the keyboard needed BT to work. Well the keyboard is working fine, but the main keys are not.

Any hints?
Old 04-10-2011, 01:58 AM   #4
Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbac View Post
It ought to use the IR (red light) when the BT dongle is not connected (thus the remote is not connected via bluetooth)
I just unplugged the dongle on my Slide after reading your post and pressed a main button, it went right to IR mode (red light). Then I plugged the dongle back in and it went to BT mode (blue light), with the same button press.
Resist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #5
chrisbac
Master of my domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resist View Post
I just unplugged the dongle on my Slide after reading your post and pressed a main button, it went right to IR mode (red light). Then I plugged the dongle back in and it went to BT mode (blue light), with the same button press.
Yes, and that was my experience until now. So it seems the remote it paired with something else (or the remote is just very confused, but I did globally reset it). Is it possible for the keyboard to be paired proper;y but no the TiVo buttons? The keyboard is working properly.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Is the warranty period over?
Do you recall if the remote has been dropped?

I wonder if the connection between the base and slide has become severed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
chrisbac
Master of my domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Is the warranty period over?
Do you recall if the remote has been dropped?

I wonder if the connection between the base and slide has become severed.
Could be, but would the light on the slider still light if it got severed? Seems it would not get power. Or maybe not all the lines were severed.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
TerpBE
Go Terps!

My slide had a similar issue, and luckily it was within 90 days of purchase. I called Tivo and tried a couple of troubleshooting procedures, which didn't help anything. They sent me a replacement at no cost.
TerpBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #9
JeffRapp

I had the exact same problem. At first, resetting the remote would fix it, but it got progressively worse up to the point where it would no longer sync with the BT receiver. The blue light would just blink. Remove the batteries, let it set overnight, put them back in. Blink.

Ended up getting a warranty replacement from TiVo.

(p.s. they didn't ask for the original back, nor did they ask for a receipt. just sayin' )
JeffRapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
aprigliano

I have posted what the problem probably is a possible fix on this thread...

showthread.php?t=470600

Hope this helps!
aprigliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:42 AM   #11
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprigliano View Post
I have posted what the problem probably is a possible fix on this thread...

showthread.php?t=470600

Hope this helps!
This new user is a keeper, but since they don't have enough posts for links to work (anti-spam feature), here's a link directly to their excellent post.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...77#post9147977

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is online now   Reply With Quote