TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
catfan64

New DVR showing up in Now Playing

I have 2 premier's, and an older series 2, all connected to my network. My series 2 dvr is named "Series 2", and shows up in the Now playing list on both my premier's. I just installed KMTTG, and and have upoloaded a few recordings from the series 2, to my pc. Now, on both my premier's, in addition to the "series 2" dvr showing in my now playing list, there is also a "DVR-4298" which has all the same shows, that my series 2 does. Is this normal?
catfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
lrhorer

No, but I've seen it happen before. Reboot all three TiVos and then restart kmttg. That should fix it.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
catfan64

That did the trick. Thanks
catfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:58 AM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfan64 View Post
I have 2 premier's, and an older series 2, all connected to my network. My series 2 dvr is named "Series 2", and shows up in the Now playing list on both my premier's. I just installed KMTTG, and and have upoloaded a few recordings from the series 2, to my pc. Now, on both my premier's, in addition to the "series 2" dvr showing in my now playing list, there is also a "DVR-4298" which has all the same shows, that my series 2 does. Is this normal?
I'm assuming the TiVo Service Number for the S2 ends in 4298?

TiVo's been having something going on lately where owner assigned names, the ones you go to their website to do, have been "forgotten" and the default ones are showing up instead.

A few days ago it happened to my S3 for the second time since the first of the year.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote