TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
jdgarrido
JD305

Android Bar file for Playbook

For those with Blackberry playbooks below you will find the link to a converted bar file. Thanks goes to kn0ff from the crackberry.com forums for converting it. I have used it a little and it seems to run good.

Have fun.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3e9roqsb6oczsrf

Last edited by jdgarrido : 01-06-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: added link
jdgarrido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
ghgrossman

Anyone else having issue using the Tivo App for Android on the Poaybook? In my case, the application runs, allows sign in, and function correctly in "Away" mode. Unfortunately, it will not find my DVRs through use of the network remote connectivity enabled on both Series 3 and Premiere DVRs. All devices are connected to the same home network/router. Anyone out there stalled at this point or found a resolution? Many thanks for any help!!
ghgrossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
colforbin13

Nice, I was planning on trying to convert this myself, but never got around to it. Can't wait to try it when I get home.
colforbin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
colforbin13

Ok, I gave it a shot and I'm having the same problem of it not finding any DVRs on the network. I've got the app on my iPod Touch, and it connects to my Premiere fine, so it's not the network. I guess it must be something with the way the network works through the Android App Player. Perhaps this will be fixed when the final version of OS 2.0 comes out in a couple weeks?
colforbin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
Bulldawg9908

Same problem here. Works fine in away mode, and it is very convenient for scheduling recordings while I'm watching. Much better than my.tivo.com.

But, it does not find my TiVo, so I can't access all of the features.

edit: It works fine on my wife's Android phone, so the configuration is all correct. Just the app won't work right on the PlayBook.
Bulldawg9908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
rcobourn
Registered Snoozer

In my experience the app can rarely find my TiVos while running natively on an android phone or tablet, so this may not be anything special due to running on the Playbook.

Last edited by rcobourn : 02-03-2012 at 11:14 AM.
rcobourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
ghgrossman

BAR file for Tivo for Android v1.6 (released 6-021-2012)

Anyone located a converted APK file for newly released version of Tivo for Android (v.1.6.6)??
ghgrossman is offline   Reply With Quote