TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Husker Mike

Transfer Show "from beginning" not working?

I have 2 networked Tivos - a new Premiere XL and a Series 2. When I transfer any show from the Series 2, I select to transfer it "from beginning". And yet - the show appears on my Premiere XL with only the part that I haven't watched yet. Only half of the show is there on the green play-bar at the bottom of the screen. Clearly this is not working properly, correct? Has anyone else seen this behavior?
Husker Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
lpwcomp

Probably have seen it. That would explain why I didn't get the beginning of part one of "Treasure Island" when I transferred it. I thought I had screwed up.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Probably have seen it. That would explain why I didn't get the beginning of part one of "Treasure Island" when I transferred it. I thought I had screwed up.
Same with me, have to rewind the show first before xfer i guess.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
supasta

When I used to transfer between two TiVo DT units, I would always have to make sure to press Live TV on the unit I was transferring from. If I were to simply start watching a show, press pause, and walk into the other room and select transfer from beginning on the other TiVo, it would behave exactly as you describe. I found that the show I was looking to transfer from the beginning (or in some cases, transfer at all) could not be paused on the screen.
Now, I have since recently changed my setup from two TiVo DT units to a single Premiere, and therefore cannot reproduce.
It may be the case being that you are transferring from a Series 2.
Worth a try, or at least something to exclude.

XBOX LIVE: fiftyfootfang
supasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by supasta View Post
When I used to transfer between two TiVo DT units, I would always have to make sure to press Live TV on the unit I was transferring from. If I were to simply start watching a show, press pause, and walk into the other room and select transfer from beginning on the other TiVo, it would behave exactly as you describe. I found that the show I was looking to transfer from the beginning (or in some cases, transfer at all) could not be paused on the screen.
Now, I have since recently changed my setup from two TiVo DT units to a single Premiere, and therefore cannot reproduce.
It may be the case being that you are transferring from a Series 2.
Worth a try, or at least something to exclude.
In my case, both source and destination are Premieres. Latest occurrence source TiVo was definitely in "live TV". "Pause Point" was actually the point at which I stopped streaming.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote